Pastor of mega church says wife has gone away for 1 year...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*advertiser censored*: The Pink Elephant in the Church
September 1, 2013

http://www.charismanews.com/culture/40827-*advertiser censored*-the-pink-elephant-in-the-church

Here is the cost for the Betty Ford Center

Young Adult Recovery Program (ages 18–25) 90 days $62,000
120 days $71,000

He would be to young for this program, but the cost is a huge difference from what he is saying he paid. I don't believe anything he says. Maybe he just gave them $2,000. :floorlaugh:

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/treatment-programs/young-adult-recovery-program/index.php
He probably thinks his smile, a sashay through their lobby, and a phone call to the their office is worth the difference, minus $2,000.

In all seriousness, I am still very concerned for Hope and I want to know what method(s) and means she's been silenced by and why and if it's completely voluntary.

I am beginning to wonder if she has returned to "the days of her youth" ... she claims she was "bad" during her younger years until her husband "got her" and then she changed ..... I wish her no ill will , but her interview in 2008 tends to reveal some underlying issues.

Some quotes from the 2008 article :

-- I had a terrible past but I got a great life now. I got a great future ahead of me because I was not satisfied with living in that terrible past. “Yes my past was bad, I done some bad things, I been a bad girl; it makes me feel horrible and I look at myself in the mirror and I do not like what I see

--When I became a woman and my husband got me I was a broken mess from the bad choices of my life. God and my husband has gotten me where I am today. With over ten years of marriage, my husband has always spoken kind words to me and has never raised his voice to me.

-- --My conclusion is that if I know who I am in God, then I am full of confidence. I went through a period in my life when I had no confidence because of my past. The only thing that changed me was renewing my mind everyday through the worship of the word. In my opinion, that is how you are sanctified and made pure and holy. On the days that I miss my worship, I started feeling bad and having mood swings. When I built myself up through GOD, I would not have those mood swings

http://www.scribd.com/doc/10046833/Destiny-Summer-08-Online

I can't imagine how hard it would be act as the perfect pastors' wife in spite of yourself . Glad I am not in those shoes.

I am beginning to wonder if she has returned to "the days of her youth" ... she claims she was "bad" during her younger years until her husband "got her" and then she changed ..... I wish her no ill will , but her interview in 2008 tends to reveal some underlying issues.

-- I had a terrible past but I got a great life now. I got a great future ahead of me because I was not satisfied with living in that terrible past. “Yes my past was bad, I done some bad things, I been a bad girl; it makes me feel horrible and I look at myself in the mirror and I do not like what I see

--When I became a woman and my husband got me I was a broken mess from the bad choices of my life. God and my husband has gotten me where I am today. With over ten years of marriage, my husband has always spoken kind words to me and has never raised his voice to me.

-- --My conclusion is that if I know who I am in God, then I am full of confidence. I went through a period in my life when I had no confidence because of my past. The only thing that changed me was renewing my mind everyday through the worship of the word. In my opinion, that is how you are sanctified and made pure and holy. On the days that I miss my worship, I started feeling bad and having mood swings. When I built myself up through GOD, I would not have those mood swings

I can't imagine how hard it would be act as the perfect pastors' wife in spite of yourself . Glad I am not in those shoes.

As a Christian, I completely understand how God can transform a life. However, this woman does not sound transformed, she sounds programmed!

As a Christian, I completely understand how God can transform a life. However, this woman does not sound transformed, she sounds programmed!

Yes , that is pretty much what I was getting at .... you said it perfectly , thanks.

Is it just me, but this does not sound like the grammar of a woman who is called apostle, or pastor, or who is a public speaker.

I've not listened to the clips posted here, couldn't bring myself to do it....but is this the way she always speaks? If so, its even harder to imagine masses of people taking her seriously.

Some of the symptoms of spiritual abuse

Exalting leaders to God-like status/ over congregation, often claiming that leader receives messages from God and claims to speak for God.

MLM-like multi-level authority/government hierarchy (chain-of-command);

Absolute authority of the leadership to the extent that there is no objective church board to oversee any conflicts or give the congregation a voice without fear of retribution.

No real accountability of the leadership to the corporate body, resulting in a repressive monarchical ,dictatorship form of government;

Hand-picked sub-leaders, based on their demonstration of submissiveness to the ultimate leader rather than on the basis of their leadership skills, spirituality, and anointing and appointment by God;

Pervasive abuse and misuse of authority in personal dealings with members to coerce submission;

Paranoia, inordinate egotism or narcissism, and insecurity by the leaders;

Abuse, misuse, and inordinate incidence of "church discipline," particulary matters not expressly mentioned in the Bible as church discipline issues;

Personal materialism, and excessive lifestyle by the leaders, especially when the leaders lifestyle is well-beyond the lifestyle of the membership, and that lifestyle is underwritten primarily from donations received from the membership;

Members and/or sub-leaders must make a "spiritual covenant," sometimes a signed covenant agreement, pledging their total and everlasting commitment and financial support to the leadership and church/ministry;

Financial exploitation and enslavement of the members, often by requiring or coercing them to donate well-beyond their means and Biblical principles;

Inordinate attention to maintaining the public "image" of the ministry .
Spiritualism, mysticism, and unproven or anti-biblical doctrines;

Abuse and misuse of prophetic gifts as a means to dominate and intimidate;
Esotericism — hidden agendas and requirements revealed to members only as they successfully advance through various stages of "spiritual enlightenment," which in fact is really unorthodox ( and often costly), unproven indigenous doctrines;
Performance-based approval and promotion system of members predicated on "proven" "loyalty" (i.e., submission, donations, giving gifts) to the leadership;

Devaluation, suppression, and non-recognition of members' bona fide God-given talents, abilities, gifts, callings, and anointing, as a means of subjugation;

Requiring members to perform menial tasks, such as cleaning toilets, setting up chairs, and acting as the leader's personal valet or slave, as a supposed means to humble them and teach them to "obey their leaders" or to evaluate their willingness to "submit to authority;"

Members are psychologically traumatized and indoctrinated with numerous improper fears and phobias aimed at keeping them reeling in with an over-dependence or co-dependence on leaders and the group;

Members departing without the prior permission and blessing of the leadership leave the group under a cloud of manufactured suspicion, shame, and slander;

Departing and ostracized members often suffer from various psychological problems and display the classic symptoms associated with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

- See more at: http://www.charismatic-captivation.com/?p=5#sthash.hrEfgaLa.dpuf

Bumping! Where is Hope Carpenter?

seems other than websleuths she has literally been forgotten about. there is zero new news on this situation. everyone is so hush hush. websleuths is the only place even keeping her name alive. even her own daughter doesn't ever mention her.

so strange. it is as if she never existed.

seems other than websleuths she has literally been forgotten about. there is zero new news on this situation. everyone is so hush hush. websleuths is the only place even keeping her name alive. even her own daughter doesn't ever mention her.

so strange. it is as if she never existed.

IMO this is par for the course.

IMO her family (parents & siblings) are enthralled with 'Apostle Ron'. Are there any local WS members know if the media has made mention of Hope's predicament?

I finally figured out that the pj blogger was being stalked by someone connected to a mega Baptist church. So, it's not just the signs and wonders mega churches doing this. Unbelieveable.

That would be the Newspring mega-church out of Anderson, SC, with Perry Noble as "Pastor". The blog is called "The Pajama Pages" or something like that. What they did to Professor James Duncan is beyond belief. Newspring has churches all over SC. I went there one Sunday with my husband and son (in Columbia, SC). My husband hated it because the music was extremely loud (like a rock concert). Also, the service is just a "feed" that they broadcast over from the main church in Anderson, so the pastor is never present at any of their services. Unbelievably, they played AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" at their Easter Service.

BVDsQIuCAAAKt1I.jpg:large

Hope was slated as a keynote speaker at the upcoming Sparkle conference this weekend in Kissimmee FL --- however as per the Sparkle fb page --- due to the unexpected events that have transpired with Pastor Hope Carpenter, there's been a replacement.

https://www.facebook.com/events/553050498090499/?ref=22

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Silver Spurs.

:scared:

These conferences. I've attended Women of Faith twice. After the second time I said never again because it was to me more about selling than anything else even though I did enjoy several of the speakers.

From I saw of Sparkle on the facebook page, it was what I experienced x10+. They remind me of the money changers in the temple.

These conferences. I've attended Women of Faith twice. After the second time I said never again because it was to me more about selling than anything else even though I did enjoy several of the speakers.

From I saw of Sparkle on the facebook page, it was what I experienced x10+. They remind me of the money changers in the temple.

On the Sparkle website, they list the daily donation fee. Money, money, and mo' money.

I wonder when that promotion with Hope on it was made? She's been literally scrubbed from everything she was once associated with so I can't imagine Ron is still actively promoting the publishing of that particular promotional flyer.

Is it just me, but this does not sound like the grammar of a woman who is called apostle, or pastor, or who is a public speaker.

I've not listened to the clips posted here, couldn't bring myself to do it....but is this the way she always speaks? If so, its even harder to imagine masses of people taking her seriously.

I have listened to some of her "sermons" and she is actually quite good at it and her grammar is generally quite good as well .

The difficulty (at least for me) is that she comes across as a positive-thinking-motivational-speaker . In other words she would be excellent at a multi-level marketing sales-and-hoopla brainwash meeting.

But to mix in a smattering of bible and present it under the umbrella of Christianity is inappropriate .

Christianity gives us a positive reassurance in a hard life down here , but not the way she presents it , Same as her husband Ron , especially if the intention is to fill the offering plates .

Money is not even on the list as a requirement for Christian Salvation and it should not even be implied. Money is required for buildings and salaries and to pay the light bill , any surplus could go toward the poor .

Some churches have the appearance of the poor giving to the rich.

When it gets too carried away the Lord sometimes lets them crash.

This is not the first fallen evangelist, nor will it be the last.

Best wishes to all , and may we all be wise in such matters.

A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members