Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the terrible things about PC is by the time you go to get checked out for pain or not feeling well, it is too late. A good friend died last October. He managed to live with it about 15 months by being on a clinical trial. For 12 months, his appearance changed very little, then the drugs quit working & he went downhill extremely fast.

I am very sorry to hear this about Patrick.

I'm not believing it until I hear it from a reputable source. :snooty:
This is what I found:
"Shocking new reports are claiming that Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze only has 35 days left to live after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer!

55-year-old Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January and a new report claims doctors told him he has five weeks to live and will likely die in 35 days.

The report comes from the National Enquirer, who report: For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful."

My husband has cancer and you learn very quickly not to believe numbers. We were given 3-5 years with 0 (zero) cure rate......9 years ago. He still fighting it, but we have a normal life, except for the fear of taking on a big financial load.

This is what I found:
"Shocking new reports are claiming that Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze only has 35 days left to live after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer!

55-year-old Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January and a new report claims doctors told him he has five weeks to live and will likely die in 35 days.

The report comes from the National Enquirer, who report: For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful."

My husband has cancer and you learn very quickly not to believe numbers. We were given 3-5 years with 0 (zero) cure rate......9 years ago. He still fighting it, but we have a normal life, except for the fear of taking on a big financial load.

It's like Michael Landon all over again. So sad!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html

It's true. Foxnews has it now.]

ETA: Sorry it states that they have yet to confirm. Still waiting I guess.

FOXNews.com's calls to Swayze's reps were not immediately returned. But a "very good source" reportedly told blogger Perez Hilton that Swayze has seemed fine lately.

It doesn't mean anything that he looks fine. You usually do until the very end.

That Fox news story cites the National Enquirer as its source.

That's not an official announcement to me.

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Yeah, and to think, he hated this line and had to be persuaded to say it! I believe that I also read that Jennifer Gray and Patrick didn't get along very well during the filming of the movie. You'd never know it by the outcome!! :)

This is just horrible, horrible news to me. I like him SO much!
Point Break is one of my favorite movies and he did an awesome job playing his part. Of course he always does though.
I am so sad about this.

Yeah, and to think, he hated this line and had to be persuaded to say it! I believe that I also read that Jennifer Gray and Patrick didn't get along very well during the filming of the movie. You'd never know it by the outcome!! :)

Yeah I heard that as well. I wonder why?

There is still nothing but the NE report on this. In fact one report says he is working on another movie . Wonder if the character is dying on cancer. Also I had forgotten he was on MASH in the episode Blood Brothers.

This is what I found:

Hoorah for your husband! :woohoo:

i wish i could hold out hope for Patrick, but prognosis not good. :(

terrible for Linda McCartney went from breast cancer and her husband had all the money in the world to throw at it.

cancer isn't choosy.

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Best.Line.Ever.

Prayers to Patrick and family.

One of my son's was concieved while we were watching that on TV. Everytime we hear that line my husband and I start laughting from the memory.

Patrick may have cancer,but now adays,Dr's do not put a time limit on how much time you might have.

There is still nothing but the NE report on this. In fact one report says he is working on another movie . Wonder if the character is dying on cancer. Also I had forgotten he was on MASH in the episode Blood Brothers.

It gives me hope all are sourcing NE. so maybe they're wrong.

One of my son's was concieved while we were watching that on TV. Everytime we hear that line my husband and I start laughting from the memory.

Patrick may have cancer,but now adays,Dr's do not put a time limit on how much time you might have.

HM I am sure glad you stated watching it on TV. Minds could have gone all kinds of directions :crazy:

I hope the NE is wrong but I think it is a bad sign his publicist has not come out yet and "emphatically deny" that Patrick is sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back