Patsy and the 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And the premature hang-up by Patsy as the 911 dispatcher was still trying to get information was another tell-tale behavior indicating it was a "performance". Patsy obviously couldn't sustain the performance and take a chance on answering questions that she hadn't prepared ahead of time to answer.

Camper said:
There were too many poetic stage pauses in the call to 'suit' me, I love the theatre and reactive timing for audience response.

I would like to hear some comparative 911 calls, hmmm and now that I think about it I actually have heard 911 calls on TV, and the people are usually shaken to the core, and crying and trying really really hard - pushy and non stop to get their message of despair heard and understood. Folks in despair who keep it goin' with responses when the dispatcher tries to get the information down pat.

The Ramsey call 'that' day, sounded extremely controlled, and 'only' breathless.
No cracking voice, no vocal sign of 'real' despair.

Betty Davis once described a neophyte actress as having an emotional acting range from A to B.

That was Dorothy Parker in a review about Katherine Hepburn.

Everyone who hears the 911 call interprets it in the light of their views about Ramsey guilt. Paraphrased from PMPT - Hunter said she wasn't as upset as he'd have thought while others had the opposite reaction.

I would argue the point about the acting gamut range another time.

I take a differing opinion on your interpretation of just HOW I listened to the 911 call.

I listened with an open heart hoping to he-- that I could be wrong. Comparative analysis to OTHER 911 calls that I HAVE heard when people are IN CRISIS, tells me that I was spot on on my thoughts about 'this' call.

My interpretation also tells me that the Dec 26 call had the gamut of emotion from A to A+.

narlacat said:
Well, I have just listened to Patsy's 911 call for the first time and I dont find it believable at all. Like BC said in an earlier post and maybe not on this thread, Patsy had obviously done a few laps around the house to sound like she was panicked/hyperventilating. What she said and the way she said it sounded wrong..."we have a kidnapping", long pauses, the wailing OMG's...didnt sound at all real to me.
Can you post a link or direct us to where we can listen too please? Never heard it and I'm very curious! Thanks!

Derby

I'm just trying to remember where I downloaded the 911 call from. I'm thinking it was over at FFJ forum. Will go check and edit this to let you know.

http://www.jonbenetramsey.org/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

ok, hopefully that link will work.
Edit to add again, it didnt work for me just then but I'm having computa problems ,so maybe it will work for you.

narlacat said:
Derby

I'm just trying to remember where I downloaded the 911 call from. I'm thinking it was over at FFJ forum. Will go check and edit this to let you know.

http://www.jonbenetramsey.org/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

ok, hopefully that link will work.
Edit to add again, it didnt work for me just then but I'm having computa problems ,so maybe it will work for you.
Yep, that worked! Thanks! WOW! :waitasec: I don't know much about this case but I just don't get WHY the parents would want her dead. :waitasec:

Derby said:
Yep, that worked! Thanks! WOW! :waitasec: I don't know much about this case but I just don't get WHY the parents would want her dead. :waitasec:
That's because they didn't want her dead. There is no evidence she was anything other than a much beloved child and they were absolutely devastated when this happened.

Derby

I think it was an accident by either Patsy or Burke. I dont think anyone wanted JonBenet to die. That is just my opinion and may well be wrong.
The 911 call isnt very convincing IMO also, glad the link worked.

tipper said:
That's because they didn't want her dead. There is no evidence she was anything other than a much beloved child and they were absolutely devastated when this happened.

Tipper,

I know you think the Ramsey's are innocent ... do you have a theory?

capps said:
Tipper,

I know you think the Ramsey's are innocent ... do you have a theory?
Not that I'm wedded to.

I think it was most likely a personal cause crime aimed against John. I know parents abuse and kill children but I haven't seen anything to indicate these parents were capable of this crime and I certainly don't think they could carry off a cover-up for this long. Among other reasons, if they were hiding something they wouldn't keep demanding Boulder LE continue investigating

tipper said:
Tipper
You must be forgetting about the pageants. The way Patsy dolled Jonbenet up in heavy make up and age inappropiate costumes was nothing short of abuse.
People can say it was only a couple of weekends a month and it was not a major part of her life, but that is just not true.
She was buried in pageant clothes ,wearing one crown and another crown which she had always liked of Pam Griffin's daughter was placed in the coffin also.
If it wasnt a huge part of her life, why bury her as a little beauty queen.

narlacat said:
Tipper
You must be forgetting about the pageants. The way Patsy dolled Jonbenet up in heavy make up and age inappropiate costumes was nothing short of abuse.
People can say it was only a couple of weekends a month and it was not a major part of her life, but that is just not true.
She was buried in pageant clothes ,wearing one crown and another crown which she had always liked of Pam Griffin's daughter was placed in the coffin also.
I'm not forgetting the pageants. They aren't something I would chose but in the South they aren't considered improper or abusive. I haven't been able to pin down exactly how many she was in but the number appears to be somewhere between 9 and about 12 over a 2+ year period. From what people have said she enjoyed doing the pageants and enjoyed her successes. Why not bury her with a symbol of that which was important to her? They also made sure she had the stuffed cat. The crown wouldn't necessarily have been my choice but obviously the Ramseys and I have different taste. However, I can see them as tacky and gauche in many of their choices without having to see them as abusers or murderers.

Even ST acknowledged JonBenet led a wonderfully normal active life which included running around and getting dirty. (Something I think all too many kids are afraid to do these days.)

Quote from Tipper:
Among other reasons, if they were hiding something they wouldn't keep demanding Boulder LE continue investigating

I was thinking about that also ... even for the RDI theorists ... why wouldn't the Ramsey's just let it go away?

I also think it was something against John,but am always opened to anything that sounds logical.

narlacat said:
Tipper

Narlacat,

I would never speak for Tipper ... just getting my opinion in here.

I'm not thrilled about pageants for little girls,but that's just me.I believe Patsy being the "over the top" person that she is,just got carried away,just like many mothers who are involved with their daughters in these pageants. I watched a few tv documentaries on pageants,and many of them looked all "painted up"and hair "out to there",just like JonBenet did.

As far as JB being buried with the crowns,although I never would have chose to do that,maybe Patsy truly believed that JB worked so hard for them,and was so proud of them,and felt JB would be happy with that decision. Who knows?

Vague memory burbling up - Wasn't one of JonBenet's goals to win a fancy crown like the one Pam Griffin's daughter had? Perhaps that was why they put that one in with her as well as one of her own.

Even ST acknowledged JonBenet led a wonderfully normal active life which included running around and getting dirty. (Something I think all too many kids are afraid to do these days.)

Maybe she did lead a wonderfully normal life and maybe ST does acknowledge that, I havent read his book but I do remember reading somewhere about JonBenet wanting to go barefoot one time and either Patsy or Pam said she couldnt because she might get a splinter!
I dont consider going to pageants, going to photo shoots, going to hairdressers, going to make up artists, going to singing and dancing lessons and going to costume fitting appointments very normal, not at 6 years of age . How that poor little girl sat through getting her hair streaked I'll never know, that is uncomfortable even at my age.
I've yet to see ONE photo of JonBenet running around getting dirty.

Hadn't heard the splinter story. Sounds like it might be good parenting. On occasion I've said the same to my kids.

Perhaps you are thinking of the time in CHX when she was barefoot on the dock and when her aunt asked why she wasn't wearing shoes she said she "Wanted to feel the rhythm of the earth..."

I think she was a born performer who viewed the pageants (and all they entailed) as an elaborate dress-up game. It looked good enough that one of her friends wanted to start doing pageants too. According to LHP she loved the pageants and was never made to go to them.

I don't think she had her hair streaked. I think it was lightened. "Some help from a bottle" is how I recall ST putting it. However my daughter had her hair high- and low-lighted last year and didn't complain about it hurting.

There is a lot of incorrect information floating around. That's one of the reasons the 3 main books (PMPT, DOI, ST(even with their assorted flaws)) are useful.

It was in PMPT that I read about the splinter story.
It was in CHX on a dock and it was Pam who said to put her shoes on in case she got a splinter to which JonBenet replied...' I dont want to, I want to feel the earth's life under my feet'.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. :twocents:

I was a model and a pagent girl growing up....I don't find that it was "abuse" in any way shape or form. It was my choice if I wanted to do a commercial, pagent, or photo shoot...It was fun for me, no one else I knew did it, I was somewhat of a "celebrity" at my school...I enjoyed that, if I had it all to do over knowing what I know now, I would have done it again.

narlacat said:
It was in PMPT that I read about the splinter story.
It was in CHX on a dock and it was Pam who said to put her shoes on in case she got a splinter to which JonBenet replied...' I dont want to, I want to feel the earth's life under my feet'.
Interesting sea change from ST's first-hand account to Schiller's second-hand one:

PMPT pp 476-7
"When Steve Thomas interviewed Patsy's sister Pam in Atlanta she told him that one summer Jonbenet was standing on the dock barefoot. Worried that she might get a splinter, Pam ran after her. 'You need to put shoes on.' she told JonBenet. 'I don't want to.' the child answered. 'I want to feel the earth's life under my feet. I want to know what it's like to walk on something that is alive.'"

ST pp. 4-5
"When her aunt found her running barefoot on the Charlevoix dock and asked, 'Why don't you put your shoes on?' JonBenet answered, ' Aunt Pam, I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.' She was a free spirit."

Neither version suggests anything to me other than an adult concerned a child might get a splinter. Nor do they say she was made to put her shoes on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back