penalty phase #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want Jodi Arias to shake her head or mouth a single word during victim statements! She's done it countless times during closing, if she does it again today I really think the judge should reprimand her. :stormingmad:

Why? She is allowed to sit and shake her head or mouth no. It just goes to her rebellious nature and vindictiveness. All that does is make her look pathetic.. HOWEVER I believe she will either ignore them entirely or look them dead in the eye...

I really hate HLN. IMO, that 2 minute silence was Juan's way of paying respect to Travis. To replay it over and over is to cheapen it.

It had nothing to do with respect, it was to prove Travis faced two minutes of painful terror and two minutes is actually a very long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have luck with ustream or wild about trial? Can't get either to work on iphonr

Am I the only one hoping someone goes off at JA? Travis' family are way too classy for that, but it would be welcomed... As would the stun belt...

That'd make awesome live news! JA electrocuted.. Hahaha

.....knowing that Travis's spirit and strength will envelop his loved ones as they take the stand to honour his memory.... God bless them all...sending prayers of strength and love across the miles..
Justice for Travis...

This is the post I'm carrying with me today. Thank you, basilkitty :heartbeat:

I think the most likely reactions CMJA will have when VIS are being read are:

coloring, shaking her head in disagreement vigorously, completely zoned out, and glaring /staring down Sam and Steven.
There will probably be a few well-placed self-indulgent tears shed for herself.

I don't expect her to deviate from these programmed and predictable reactions much, if at all.

Question: If Jodi gets LWOP, does that mean that Juan "loses" to some extent? The state spent a lot of money because it was a "death penalty" case. I really want to understand this. Thanks sleuthers.

I have drifted in and out on these threads, I confess, but I tuned in today because I am hoping she gets up and drops her pretense. I hope she says I did it and I am sorry and I can never take it back.

If she does it will be fake, and I think she has justified it all in her mind.

Just heard the convicted killers attorneys tried to withdraw from her case after the verdict. I knew it. They were ticked about the interview and the loud voices were them arguing. Then, the convicted killer is calm as can be for the interview. :puke:

Thank goodness there are no more interviews for her!! It's got to be driving her mad not to be able to trash the family the last few days. :floorlaugh: Miss...I will beg for the death penalty, will be begging for her life today, or having her attorneys do it..mark my words. :wink:
Her outrageous lies about Travis and to them hasn't bothered them before. Do you think they would still be trying to "get out" if the jury had believed those horrible lies, and the DT had won the verdict?

Question: If Jodi gets LWOP, does that mean that Juan "loses" to some extent? The state spent a lot of money because it was a "death penalty" case. I really want to understand this. Thanks sleuthers.

Juan already won IMO.

OK, Im freaking here guys - who uses Ustream on their phone????? I am not seeing that azfamily.com is online. It says "This show is offline" I wasnt able to get on it yesterday afternoon either!!

HELP!! I need a mobile link that WORKS!!!!!!!!! :panic: :scared: I cannot miss today!

TIA!!

It's not showing on my Ustream either right now. It disappeared for a bit yesterday, too. I'll keep trying and keep you updated.

Just posted - 10.24am on Twitter

jose miguel @reporterjmiguel

Samantha Alexander just seen weeping in the hallway before the session.

Poor baby! She's the one that's giving the impact statement along with Steven.?

Isn't it half *advertiser censored* normal for attorneys to ask to be taken off a case in hopes of a mistrial..like a last ditch effort? JMO
No. They have been trying to save her life. I am sure they told her, under no circumstances was she to do that interview after the verdict. Their client is out of control and will not listen to their advice.

Agreeing with HLN right now that mom is their best bet.

Mom is the only one to try and save JA from death
but
she may have to lie (JA was a druggie, abused/neglected as child....)

but

I don't think the jury will buy it!

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 2m

Travis' family has gone inside, after many hugs and gestures of support and comfort shared. We wait in hall #JodiArias (from twitter)

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied-207717531.html

So the lawyers wanted to quit after she was convicted, but were denied? What would she have done for the remaining part of the trial if this were granted?

Could this be something she could appeal her death sentence on (if it is given)? That her lawyers wanted to quit and were denied, so she feels they did not effectively argue for her life? Or maybe that's WHY they made the request! So she'd have another possible avenue to appeal?

I would think they did this in part bc they wanted to thwart her attempt to cry ineffective counsel. I'm sure their argument was based on the fact that they can't control her, ie. post verdict interview. Also, when the record is reviewed, there is no way you can argue that nurmi and Wilmont didn't do everything possible to defend her, even after she threw them under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth