penalty phase #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scott Peterson jurors said that witnesses talking about the 'Scott they knew' was not relevant. The Scott they did not know murdered his wife in cold blood.

Waste, huge waste, this is.

She looks pathetic today. Like she knows every person in the room, including her attorneys, know she's a cold blooded killer who planned a murder then carried it out. That she, Jodi with the high IQ, plotted her way to a first degree murder conviction, slitting the throat of a human being in the process.

Oh Jodi gets to speak huh? I wonder if the jury will get to ask questions again.
"Why should we spare your life, when you didn't spare TA's?"

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 27s

Nurmi putting jury instructions up on the screen. #JodiArias

I don't like it when Jennifer looks directly into the camera, it looks like she's staring at me. Then I'm all like "what?"

I know it's part of our judicial system, but I don't like the fact that the convicted murderer and her friends/family get a chance to plead for leniancy. She didn't show Travis any leniency, none of his friends and family were allowed to plead for his life, so why should JA get to do this?

I know, this is the way it works, but I hate that it happens, because she took it upon herself to end Travis's life without listening to any "mitigating circumstances" being able to be heard, so she shouldn't get any.

I'm thinking Juan will hit on this point in some way.

She sure didn't show Travis any fairness and mercy, now did she!

Verdict you render whether she spends rest life in prison or be executed. Verdict you render is not a recomendation - . . . . a pretty simple distiinction determine life vs. death. things work differently now in this phase . . .in first phase there were presumptions she was considered innocent and proven guilty - shen she had to be proven aggrivating factors -

each one of you has to make own moral assessment on what verdict is correct - each and every one of you get to make your own moral assessment.

mitigating circumstances/factors . . .what they are and how they are used (or can be) by you.
JA bear burden proving you mitigating factors to cause her leniency to allow her to live her life in prison. What you learn now in this phase of trial you will learn more about what brought JA to that time in 2006 when she met TA.

Ms. Arias will have opportunity to talk to you in a different way - not about what happened but about who she is.

last paragraph of juror instructions . . any mitigating circumstances presented during the trial . . a reason you think she should life - you and you alone can determine mitigating factors.

unlike the prior phases - you all had to agree . . things work different in this phase - you do have to agree in the ultimate outcome whether life or death - but you don't have to agree on the reasons . . one of you could look at her artistic ability and say that is enough to get life - another of you may say that is not enough but her lack of criminal history is enough for you. You don't have to agree on the reason.

mitigating factors for life sentence or death . . this is not about excuse or justification - facts about her history, her record (or lack of it) - and circumstances of the offense but fairness and mercy come into play

I can't wait until she speaks ... she speaks about the lord up there, guarantee it, maybe she'll do a reading, then a short sermon ... can't wait.

So those 8 reasons are why they should not kill her??
Who came up with those flimsy ideas?

True, they are flimsy, but they did not have a lot to work with. They managed to eek these out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper