penalty phase #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think she'll have a suit on for her last "debut"? Hope she couldn't wash her hair last night.

There's going to be an instant appeal anyway...for every reason they can possibly conjure. Whether a conviction will be upheld of course is another matter. She certainly wouldn't have been the first defendant with a different attorney for penalty though, for much the same reason. (And just an fyi, I can't recall in what context, but our beach works in the legal field. HTH)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

BritsKate - I know you are extremely well versed in the brain stuff and I have a question maybe you can help to answer. The question being with a person diagnosed with a borderline personality (I am assuming this category can cover several things) is there actually a treatment regimen available and useful or is the best that can be hoped for is the control of tendencies ? Hopefully you can follow my question, I'm no brainiac in this stuff. Bottom line - is the killer Mr. Arias open to actual rehabilitation ?

Wonder if the hearing for today is about the motion to preclude Juan from arguing lack of remorse?

Folks are tweeting that the jurors arriving today are dressed up, many for the very first time. It seems they want to show respect for Travis' siblings. Let that be ANOTHER signal the family receives that the jury is with them all the way!

Question: If Jodi gets LWOP, does that mean that Juan "loses" to some extent? The state spent a lot of money because it was a "death penalty" case. I really want to understand this. Thanks sleuthers.

The convicted murderer attempted to blackmail the State into giving her murder 2. No matter what happens after this, she got royally ***whipped by JM and Detective Flores.

Will links to all these closed hearings be posted here after trial? How long does it take?

Judge behind locked doors with Atty's. Family in the Hall no media in the court room yet, azfamily.com will not load for me still. Maybe they are having an issue with their feed.

wildabouttrial.com

OMG - My heart is just bleeding for the Alexanders! I pray for strength for them for today.

I'm a moderator on NBC's fantasy sports forum and we track multiple aliases from the same IP address. I wasn't at all surprised to find people using two or more accounts to create the impression that other people were agreeing with everything they wrote. What DID surprise me was how many people argued with themselves. I actually suspended a member for a vicious personal attack on another poster, and when I banned his IP I discovered that he was both attacker and victim.

I banned him anyway.

I'm ready for Jodi to get her sentence so everyone she's destroyed can get their lives back together.

And I'm so ready for fantasy football

ok, well after all this time, I guess I wont be able to watch today.

Im NOT happy. :stormingmad:

I dont have azfamily on ustream just me or anyone else?

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Praying for all the family and loved ones. May strength embrace you and may the Angels embrace you all!

Uh oh. I wonder if that means a delay in the trial, or if JA has asked to skip this phase and just send it straight to the jury?

She has probably been reviewing her victim impact statement that she may make today, and is emotional about it.

There's going to be an instant appeal anyway...for every reason they can possibly conjure. Whether a conviction will be upheld of course is another matter. She certainly wouldn't have been the first defendant with a different attorney for penalty though, for much the same reason. (And just an fyi, I can't recall in what context, but our beach works in the legal field. HTH)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

For peace of mind, just because an appeal is filed, and there's a hearing, does not mean the conviction will be thrown out and a new trial ordered. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this conviction is in any danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw