penalty phase #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW whoever posted earlier that the night posters are better or something..

YOU ARE RIGHT!

I'm look'n at the names Elle, Frayd, Smelly, Linda, Truth, Shady, Corn & all..
You guys ROCK! I really enjoy our banter helps me not feel quite so crazy about being so caught up in this case!

Thanks!
Right on for us night owls, besides it's easier to get on the board when it doesn't move so fast and easier to catch up!

Hey All..

Hopefully my post won't disappear again grrrr!!

I've been watching the replays of today's proceedings with the impact statements on HLN shows this evening.. I've got a theory I'll throw out (I've not read thru thread so if it's a Pete Re & Repeat don't yell lol)

Ok I feel like CCMJA was trying to bond with Steven & Sam during their statements almost eerily like even tho she's murdered Travis she still wants to be a part of their family. I especially felt this way watching her reactions to comments made about their Father, Mother & Grandmother like her body language was like I know terrible Dad died on Travis Birthday..Yes Grandma never did recover etc..

I don't know it was almost like she was trying to muster the appropriate reaction to what was being said that how horrific it must be for brother Steven to go thru nighmares his marital problems with his wife like her reaction was.. Well trying to immulate OUR REACTION to hearing his statement.

I felt almost like in the JodiLand in her head she was at another Memorial Service for Travis and trying to act like she too felt the pain of the family ALMOST like she too felt like she was ROBBED OF TRAVIS TOO glimpse of indignation of him being gone EVEN THOUGH SHE'S THE ONE WHO DID IT!!

Idk I had a much better post typed up before it *poof* but if you watch clips again let me know what you think it's like I was watching a scenerio where a kid who vandalized a car then gathered around scene with neighbors while Owner says I can't afford to pay to fix this, now I won't be able to get to work, why did this happen, this was the only thing left to me by my Grandmother etc and she's in crowd saying yeah.. this is terrible.. what a burden to you.. who could do this etc.. Like she originally did at the Memorial BUT SHE'S BEEN CONVICTED OF MURDER 1 AND FACING DEATH PENALTY NOW!!

It was very perplexing to me.. because it felt like trying to bond/share grief THAT SHE CAUSED!

Anyone else see that or think that? Or now that I mention it notice it in clips??
Just curious & JMO

Re BBM

ABSOLUTELY. I saw the same things. There was one specific point right before the sister got up there where I literally saw her look up at her and then she started to fake sob just like the sister was doing. I could have sworn she was copying her emotions because it just did not look like Jodi actually felt those emotions, but rather saw the sister and copied/Sketched her.

I believe he is military because he did mention his commander today.

I don't know and am also curious but ...

doesn't Stephen make an awesome warrior for justice , torch bearer, brother, husband, Dad? And future motivational speaker, I believe.

I think he is the one with true PTSD and I hope he heals in peace with his wife and child and siblings when Arias is finally gone.

I have been so impressed by Stephen and the entire family from the start.

They must have felt very lonely for 5 years while Arias was trashing Travis pre-trial, before the public got to know the real Travis. They must have wreathed in anguish every time she manipulated every motion, hearing etc and their "real" brother still was unknown to the public.

Remember when convicted murderer's plea thing came in and she demanded 2nd degree or she would destroy Travis and the family's reputation? That was also before the public was there for the family. How alone they must have felt.

This week has been so emotional that I stayed quiet because I felt too much to post. Once again , I thank WS for being there and being a place to follow when you're too angry or overcome to "speak". I'm starting to feel again...

They have posted on the Facebook JA vs. State site that one of the witnesses that was to appear today has a record. Interesting. If so, how is it that she allowed to testify? Could this have anything to do with the hold up in today's proceedings???

moo

Huhhh?? What?? umm <coughs> Who?? A record?? Nahhhhh <coughs> man whose got a record?? Peace

:floorlaugh:

Anyone think that Juan said he'd mention Patrisha's past if she got up to speak? Could that be why we were 'unable to continue' ? Would that make a difference to the jury knowing about her past??
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I just jumped in and haven't checked previous posts.

I have never seen this phase of a dp trial. Are the witnesses questioned, or just get to make statementz???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone,

I just finished transcribing (and posting) the PENALTY PHASE PIECE from this morning (i.e. Judge Stephens preliminary instructions to jurors, including the eight mitigating factors, followed by Defense Opening Statement and then followed by Prosecution Opening Statement).

I posted this in the Media/Timeline - link provided below.

Note that I had previously transcribed Steven and Samantha's Victim Impact Statement, and a separate thread was created for those two transcripts (See "Impact Statement" thread). Also, these two statements are also available on the Media/Timeline thread - last page.

I have alerted a mod to see if they want to combine this piece with the victim impact statements (perhaps just renaming the transcript thread: Penalty Phase Transcripts) so that this piece can be included. If not, everything is available in the Media/Timeline linked below.

Hope this is helpful to those that have auditory impairments or even those who simply prefer to read the proceedings after the fact.

Link to Transcript:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9448057&postcount=1479"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**[/ame]

In case you missed it, Jodi's mitigating factors went something like this:

1. Is a human being.
2. Has to wear glasses.
3. Is conscientious about wearing makeup.
4. A loyal Starbucks customer.
5. Didn't get everything she wanted.
6. Her beloved dog ran away.
7. Her last boyfriend died on her.

Smelly...Good job! More impactful than what her DT presented today! Lots to think about here...

I can't remember or maybe never knew, What was Steven's job before this? He said his commander called him.

Sorry I just saw the answer. I think we were posting at the same time.

Thank you!

I'm still freaked out at looking at her cell.

That "mattress" ... No walls around the toilet.... Good god! I'd rather be dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I feel like CCMJA was trying to bond with Steven & Sam during their statements almost eerily like even tho she's murdered Travis she still wants to be a part of their family. I especially felt this way watching her reactions to comments made about their Father, Mother & Grandmother like her body language was like I know terrible Dad died on Travis Birthday..Yes Grandma never did recover etc..

No, I don't think so.

The whole problem with Arias is that she hasn't been able to take that giant leap...that first little step...whatever you want to call it...for taking any kind of responsibility for killing TA in the premeditated manner she did.

She hasn't been able to bring herself to jump. She gets to the side of the stream but she can't break the ice.....

She has lied...she's become cold...but occasionally because she is still human some kind of humanity flows back through her cold veins and she feels something.

She's had years to fall back into some kind of humanity and she's had months during this trial to break...to let herself become broken and to break down and scream and wail and to tell everybody exactly what happened.

She can't bring herself to do it.

But I do believe that from time to time some human warmth swells in her...after all...she is a human.

Re BBM

ABSOLUTELY. I saw the same things. There was one specific point right before the sister got up there where I literally saw her look up at her and then she started to fake sob just like the sister was doing. I could have sworn she was copying her emotions because it just did not look like Jodi actually felt those emotions, but rather saw the sister and copied/Sketched her.

Hmm Hatfield..

We could almost say she's also an EMOTIONAL TRACER too!

Huhhh?? What?? umm <coughs> Who?? A record?? Nahhhhh <coughs> man whose got a record?? Peace

:floorlaugh:

Well, a juror was kicked off for breaking the law...So why is a witness (with a record) allowed to testify?

I'm confused.

At the very least, the jury should be informed.

moo

Can I just say I love the evening posts! Today was taxing... IMO the evening posters are the best!

The tension was high today, but I managed to only get one post deleted.

BTW did anyone notice Donavan was wearing the boyfriend sweater today! ;)

She's a real catch, that one.

I just watched the impact statements.Did JA make that "throat-slitting" motion again after Samantha or was I dreaming?

It's these kinds of antics that make me wish the guillotine was still in use! Off with JA's head! She shouldn't be allowed to sit there in open court and do that!

I suppose so. But, if someone is being stalked, it should be documented. I guess they were consenting adults, but still. This tragedy could of been avoided... or maybe not because male DV is not recognized as much unfortunately.

From the little that I have read on stalking laws, each state has their own laws. TA lived in AZ and the rest of his family live in CA. That might be a legal hurdle for them. IDK I wish they could have convinced Travis to keep making police reports every time JA stalked him. Maybe they tried. MOO

I'm glad the Steven and Samantha mentioned their military and police service. The way the DT portrayed TA, the jury could have got the idea he came from a family of lowlifes. And after seeing them sitting there all trial, they must have established some kind of connection. I think the siblings did the best they could for TA and for a chance at a DP sentence.

Hey All..

Hopefully my post won't disappear again grrrr!!

I've been watching the replays of today's proceedings with the impact statements on HLN shows this evening.. I've got a theory I'll throw out (I've not read thru thread so if it's a Pete Re & Repeat don't yell lol)

I don't know it was almost like she was trying to muster the appropriate reaction to what was being said that how horrific it must be for brother Steven to go thru nighmares his marital problems with his wife like her reaction was.. Well trying to immulate OUR REACTION to hearing his statement.

I felt almost like in the JodiLand in her head she was at another Memorial Service for Travis and trying to act like she too felt the pain of the family ALMOST like she too felt like she was ROBBED OF TRAVIS TOO glimpse of indignation of him being gone EVEN THOUGH SHE'S THE ONE WHO DID IT!!

Idk I had a much better post typed up before it *poof* but if you watch clips again let me know what you think it's like I was watching a scenerio where a kid who vandalized a car then gathered around scene with neighbors while Owner says I can't afford to pay to fix this, now I won't be able to get to work, why did this happen, this was the only thing left to me by my Grandmother etc and she's in crowd saying yeah.. this is terrible.. what a burden to you.. who could do this etc.. Like she originally did at the Memorial BUT SHE'S BEEN CONVICTED OF MURDER 1 AND FACING DEATH PENALTY NOW!!

It was very perplexing to me.. because it felt like trying to bond/share grief THAT SHE CAUSED!

Anyone else see that or think that? Or now that I mention it notice it in clips??
Just curious & JMO

They mentioned this on Dr. Drew tonight. Almost like we would be watching a movie, crying our eyes out, being really into it. Then, walking out of the movie and going out the door, laughing with friends. Watching from the outside, never connecting that you are the person who did this horrible crime.

The convicted killer morphs into what she thinks her reactions should be, never actually feeling those feelings! She may have had some "feelings" today, like trying to act like she is a family friend who also lost someone, yet she feels nothing, no remorse, no responsibility. As soon as that "part" was over, she went right back to be the convicted killer we have all watched for months/years.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member