Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm the one confused here but isn't the friend that is supposed to testify for Jodi the friend that went on one of those talk shows at night?

So now we know why court was delayed last week...Jodi's witness says her life has been threatened according to Nurmi.

Very curious to see if the defiant killer gets up and talks nonsense or, having been backed into a corner, she decides to plead for her life and "gasp" apologize.

I'm leaving heavily to continued delusional victim hood.

It doesn't really matter what she sez however, this jury is done with her. Death Row for Jodi "Mark my Words" Arias

She will probably bash Travis again because that is what she has been doing all along. If she gets on the stand. And she probably has enough unmitigated gaul to do that on the stand, one last time.

Agreed. She is the next person headed for Arizona's death row. There are NO mitigating circumstances for her now or forever.

Modern day version of stoning and witch trials? Very dramatic Nurmi

Patty's denial to testify was PLANNED, IMO, then motion for mistrial could be filed due to the media circus and bias. I bet a gazillion dollars she never truly planned to testify!!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23s
Judge Stephens listens to Nurmi carefully as he continues to explain reasons for mistrial. #JodiArias

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 37s
Nurmi, sounding strong and perturbed, says this is not a "stoning or a witch trial." #JodiArias

Amazing, the increase in Nurmi's ability to articulate, when he's arguing something he believes in

Nurmi keeps saying, "Ms. Arias requested a mistrial and nothing was done... time and time again."

WRONG

Something WAS done! Those requests were DENIED! (and rightfully so)

And the Prosecution disrespected you, Nurmi? How do you define your reclining in your chair every day? I'd say that's pretty darn disrespectful. Pot, meet kettle!

Silly question -- can you get a mistrial after a verdict? I'm assuming so, but why?

MOO

Mel

The judge surely must be sitting there thinking "oh yeah? so why did your client do an interview after a guilty verdict...?" Courting the media...makes this argument null and void.

Motion for mistrial by Nurmi
. . . . JA objection of media on camera and audio, and her request for the jury to be sequestered. Not a fair trial to constitutional dictates - some done under seal . . . court had a duty to protect JA for right to fair trial -and court fail to do so time and time again.

attacking the messenger not the message - JA tried to claim mistrial all along . . . .witness intimidation -
those days Ms. A was not on the stand. . . intimidation continues . . . filed motions under seal - intimidation of Ms. Womack, Ms. LaViolette is under seal.

someone who knew JA long before TA came into her life - Ms. Womack feels her life is being threatened to whre she is unable to come and testify on JA behalf.

cannot be a modern day version of stoning and witch trials. . . . mitigation phase comports with these dictates.

State argues facts not quite correct - Ms. Womack . . not to answer certain questions - that she has the right to do.
Give the jury full picture of her life - Ms. Womack and JA on record we have made ex-parte - . . a partial picture is not good enough.

State decided no case law . . . there is none - Ms. Arias has the right to present this full picture - mistrial is the only lawful remedy

That's quite a cleavage JA's got going for the juries benefit.

Fine! Allow Patty to present her testimony w/o press coverage!

Then, get on with this!

Lol, JA looks serious and kinda mad. I wonder if Juan will bring up their client SEEKING out the media on her own.

This jury has the full picture of Jodi

I think this is intentional. If Womack had testified Thursday it would have been PRIOR to her receiving death threats.

I believe this to be completely set up by defense on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver