Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This jury witnessed the incredibly emotional and moving victim impact statements made by Steven and Samantha Alexander last week. Contrast that with the words from that cardboard cutout today...

Willmonts just doing her job. Just trying to save her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you're saying, but Willmott seems to me to have gone beyond what is necessary, and she seems to sincerely believe in this killer, believes she is worth saving, believes she has something to offer society, all at the expense of Travis' reputation and family - that at least most of us here do not agree with. And to me, Willmott seems to be emotionally attached to her as well. More than just your average attorney-client relationship, with too much emotion / passion on her part to be anything else, imo. Also, imo, her and Nurmi both crossed the line, their entire strategy was unethical in how they attacked Travis, who wasn't even here to defend himself.

I suppose though, that's the danger attorneys can encounter in defending cases like this, when they cross the lines from professional, to empathy, then to actually identifying with the criminals. When it goes that far they compromise themselves. I think that's what has happened here, but then that's jmho.

she will begiving interviews until midnight & asked for make up & they got it for her

Please don't shoot the messenger. I agree these interviews are disgusting, but just relaying the messages. I will probably watch the Troy Hayden one, just to see if he asks the hard questions.

Just to see if he asks the hard questions? Because he didn't last time?
Is the interest just to see if he asks the hard questions now because he took public heat for the softballs last time?
Or do you think if he asks hard questions it's going to change her answers?

Just wondering (not shooting the messenger!)

OMG, did anyone else hear the caller on NG just now call the book "Erroneous Zones," "EROGENOUS Zones?" :floorlaugh:

This book? Erogenous Zone: A Sexual Voyage. I've never heard of Erroneous Zones.....???

BTW in case anyone was wondering the Estrella Jail does a "Locks of Love" donation drive every so often. It's not like Jodi had an independent philanthropic thought--she was just offered a free haircut and accepted.

:bump:

Many jails have restorative justice type programs like Locks of Love and ice cream socials where the proceeds go to victim groups. Jodi did nothing special and certainly nothing many good hearted, non-future murderer, grade school students do all the time.

The Moon & planets had so much to say today but there was no way to post. As we last left court and the Moon, the defendant was in crisis, 13° Cardinal Libra. We were waiting for her allocution, a Study in Jodi Appreciation, as the Moon trined Mercury and Venus in II. The Moon was entering Via Combusta, the fiery star path, where danger waits and all efforts are ineffectual and unfortunate. Her lawyer's appeal to the jury came under this influence as did defendant's statement. The Moon represented first one woman speaking in House 3 and then the next, advocating. The Moon in Libra is always on the defensive and seeking to protect herself (& her client). In an event chart, she is seeking to win jurors over to her point of view, convince them to spare a life. The Moon is also 135° sesquare from the Sun, therefore inconsistent as with the suicide wish and also unreliable in the truth of the matter asserted. Perhaps most important, the matter will not work out as planned. This aspect means the Moon individual is willful but when power is assumed and abused, it will be removed. Cardinal Libran Moon in House 3 will be contradicted and some parts of the statement will be determined untrue. The abuse declarations have fallen on deaf ears, e.g. Mercury ruling House 3 from II reinforces the falsity. Although all these portents are dire, the fact that the degree of the Moon when the jury retired to deliberate sentence is the same degree as the Moon's Node means fatality, casualty for that Moon (Arias) and so does the Moon's quincunx to Mars in the House of death, 8.

:gthanks:

That Ulysses Something-or-other defense atty that talked with JVM a couple of times was sitting behind Nurmi today, hanging around during recess and taking notes. I wonder if he will handle her appeal? I
guess we'll see - probably sooner than later
MOO

NG just made a great point. After using God all through this trial, and during her relationship with Travis, Jodi did not mention God ONCE during her plea for her life!

I have a feeling He's going to become much more important to her in the coming days.

May God have mercy on her soul.

I once volunteered to correspond with a male Death Row inmate here in TX who signed up with a Christian prison ministry pen pal thing. I wrote the first letter all about my faith, how his faith could help him make the most of his time here on earth--he wrote back that he would appreciate it if I would tone down the talk about God, put some money in his commissary & get on his visitor's list & visit him!

Criminals like him and our sweet Jodi Ann only use religion and the concept of God only for selfish reasons.

I don't believe that.

Believe it! She is going to be doing interviews until midnight! Didn't she say earlier today that she was naïve about the media a few hours ago?

HOW HOW HOW can this be happening????

Beth Karas reported that the Jodi is Innocent website states that only a PORTION of the proceeds from the Survivor T-shirt goes toward DV!!!! She lied to the jury....again! She said ALL of the proceeds go to DV! All parties involved in this scam should be prosecuted!

She has been prosecuted and found guilty

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. Especially in light of the big ole mod post at the beginning of this thread asking us to NOT bash reporters.

MOO

I didn't see the mod post, but I am so glad I saw your post because I could very easily get a time out after hearing that MK goes around bashing Travis and his family. I don't like him! I will leave it at that since I don't want to get a TO!

I think it depends how you think about it. I don't want her lynched. I want her legally punished to the max of the law. Even with the DP I know she will not be dragged behind the court house and hanged. She will get an auto appeal and she had a fair trial.

With the DP she will go immediately death row and isolation. That is mostly what I want. Her to be put away where she cannot talk, or be so public anymore.

She has received so much more fairness & justice than she ever showed to her victim-this trial has been above board, she's had adequate representation, & plenty of witnesses to her behavior & her character, the outcome is entirely due to her horrific action against Travis Alexander, & she should face the consequence.

I totally agree with you and that makes me so very sad for Travis' family and friends, and really mad that the judge is allowing this!

I'm worried if this jury can't agree on a decision and is hung, these interviews will doom being able to find an unbiased next jury...

Ditto.

I read she's doing 15 interviews.

Here are 15 things I might watch tonight:

1.Yankees game/Not JA interview
2. Spurs game/Not JA interview
3. Tornado coverage :( / Not JA interview
4. Dancing with the Stars / Not JA interview
5. The Voice / Not JA interview
6. Moneyball / Not JA interview
7. Comedy Central / Not JA interview
8. College baseball / Not JA interview
9. My food heat up in the microwave / Not JA interview
10. Infomercials / Not JA interview
11. HSN or QVC / Not JA interview
12. Spanish Broadcast television / Not JA interview
13. Nick at Nite / Not JA interview
14. Netflix / Not JA interview
15. C-Span repeats / Not JA interview

So as you can see, I have a very full night of many options and none of them include the poison toxin known as CMJA. Freedom is fantastic! Something she will never know! Something we all get to enjoy!

SPURS!!!!!!!

:rockon:

Once Jodi gets the DP (yahoo! i'm off tomorrow :rocker:) , will she appeal?

That would be the question i'd ask her.

Beth Karas reported that the Jodi is Innocent website states that only a PORTION of the proceeds from the Survivor T-shirt goes toward DV!!!! She lied to the jury....again! She said ALL of the proceeds go to DV! All parties involved in this scam should be prosecuted!

We are sure the state is all over this right?

I know what you're saying, but Willmott seems to me to have gone beyond what is necessary, and she seems to sincerely believe in this killer, believes she is worth saving, believes she has something to offer society, all at the expense of Travis' reputation and family - that at least most of us here do not agree with. And to me, Willmott seems to be emotionally attached to her as well. More than just your average attorney-client relationship, with too much emotion / passion on her part to be anything else, imo. Also, imo, her and Nurmi both crossed the line, their entire strategy was unethical in how they attacked Travis, who wasn't even here to defend himself.

I suppose though, that's the danger attorneys can encounter in defending cases like this, when they cross the lines from professional, to empathy, then to actually identifying with the criminals. When it goes that far they compromise themselves. I think that's what has happened here, but then that's jmho.

That is her job. To save her life. She did the best she could to come up with really threads to try and weave some kind of hope for this woman. There were a few things she said that I felt crossed the line today but I know that was in her zeal to just get one person not to put her to death.
Can you imagine what it is like, To have someone's life hinging on what you say?? Tough job, Big job to do.

WE have to respect the job. WE have to. That is how our system works. And every body gets a chance to defend themselves. I can not imagine defending this Felon. I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela