Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now on HLN JVM. Wilmont threw JA's parents under the bus during closing. Yet they are the one reason the jury may sympathize to vote for LWOP. Now how does that make sense?

I expected the parents to be thrown under the bus, but blaming the baby sister for being born as the reason for her Borderline personality and subsequent murder of Travis was WAYYY too crazy to even consider.

Oh my gosh - couldn't log on until a few minutes ago! Better late than never!
Can't believe the gall of the defendant - still bashing Travis with that Survivor T-shirt carp!
Not one ounce of remorse except for herself. But the biggie was her pleading, begging for LWOP because of HER family!!! She didn't kill herself because she didn't want to hurt her family. Funny, I thought it was because the razor blade stung so bad! What a liar! Is this the same family she threw under the bus all during the trial???

Gotta love the mitigators: donating hair to cancer survivors. I would rather die than have her hair on my head! Starting a book club. Who does she think she is, Oprah? Recycling trash and creating hundreds of jobs. ROTFLMAO!!!! Stimulating the economy? She's an artist? NOT. She is a part-time waitress with a camera who learned to paint by numbers in kindergarden. How did she get away with showing those imitation sketches???

I am so afraid she is going to get off with Life. It only takes one juror. I am normally against the DP, except in rare cases. This is one where I would be happy to inject her. She still hates Travis and she is still happy he is dead. I pray the jury wipes that smug look off her face...quickly!

this jury's patience, seriousness and diligence are clear to me. I'm sure they accidently heard or saw something at some point and I'm equally sure they turned away. It's the DT and client who spread blame around-if Jodi was convicted it's casue of juror misconduct, not because she was clearly guilty..right

The jury has shown its gravity and sense of duty in this case. If it were me, I could do it.

Nurmi just likes to portray everyone as a lying slacker because it suits his purposes. Please. There are tons of mature, responsible people out there who could do this, IMO.

That survivor t shirt will certainly get her the death penalty. How bizarre was that?

Seriously!?! Spare her life so she can be a poster child for domestic violence! And that's supposed to be a mitigating factor?

You know she should get an award for her design of that Tee Shirt. It took months of Artistic work you know. One friggin word "Survivor" CBS needs to sue, and she designed it cause she is a artist that can contribute in life.

Did anyone catch the moment when JM was talking and JA leaned over to Wilmot and asked her something? Wilmot nodded her head slightly then turned back to her papers with this total look of disgust and made some kind of under her breath remark? Should have marked the moment but I didn't.

(Thought I got banned!!)

Her hair was below her waist a couple months before trial? And she's donated to Locks of Love3 times? One of us will expose that one. :)

Hair grows .5 inch per month. My mom was a hairdresser. Someone else do the math. I don't know how many problems I have because math is one of them .

Jodi has said numerous time she didn't want the truth to come out about Travis' abusive behavior (rolling eyes here), but that she had sworn to tell the truth in testimony.

Well, Jodi NEVER answered the question posed. I was all word games.

I'll you something else, as long as we're waiting. I would have given her the death penalty just for that "portrait" of Elvis that she showed in court today.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Me too King Tut, when I saw the thing I thought it was a piss-poor choice to prove she was a "talented" artist or that her art was a "gift" to the future, just sayin'

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it was a dig in disguise!!! I got that too!!! I'm sure only us WS'ers and Travis' family got that dig...hopefully the jurors did too.

She had a lot of damn nerve even talking about "Travis said". You're his murderer, stfu.

I did LOL extensively at Juan: "Well, if being a friend is ADJUSTING someone..."

Is it just me or during FJA's allocution did it sound like she was speaking as some sort of mentor to female inmates rather than the inmate she is? She's not a mentor, she's not special, and she's not a redeeming person whatsoever.

She's in Arizona and going to teach other women Spanish. So are we to assume there are no Spanish speaking women in prison in a State whose neighbor is Mexico?

The worst part for me today was when JW was going on about how JA could have been a writer, a great saleswoman, a famous artist or maybe even a defense attorney. I'm surprised she did not throw in astronaut, firefighter or president of the United States--she had about the same chance of those.

So could I ..... It's not going to happen though

She'll make best friends with the spiders she can't kill.:rolleyes:

Start and be club president of the recycle club:jail:

Oh wait, Jodi's hair club for inmates, where she's not just the president, she's also a client.

Hard to tell when she yells so loudly, but I think that was her point. The defense had a slim-to-none shot using the Arias family to get sympathy for Jodi and yet the defense threw that shot under the bus saying they were bad parents that didn't get Jodi the help she needed, treated her horribly, grounded her repeatedly for no reason at all......blah blah blah.

Completely illogical. It was really bad...

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 52s

One of the jurors looked at #JodiArias as they left to deliberate, others looked at the Alexander family.

That is not good for the State. Bet it is Maureen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr