Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching on HLN - why does Wilmott keep saying to the jury that they shouldn't put JA to death because of her lies? My Gosh - The case is not about Jodi's lies - it's about Travis' murder! Wilmott is driving me crazy with this talk!

I know some people will not like what I have to say but Wilmott is right. JA should not be put to death because of her lies!!! No that would be wrong.

It should be because of the prem murder of TA.......

Is it just me or during FJA's allocution did it sound like she was speaking as some sort of mentor to female inmates rather than the inmate she is? She's not a mentor, she's not special, and she's not a redeeming person whatsoever.

Jodi thinks that she is superior to other inmates. Despite JW's insistence that Jodi has no ego, no self-esteem, no self-confidence, this is absolutely not true. Jodi is arrogant and completely self-involved. She had one final opportunity to show some humility and remorse, and Jodi blew it by making her last words all about her. I don't think this will sit well with the jury. :moo:

Someone on facebook had a really good post on JA's speech. I can't find it now. Basically JA's speech (style and content) was a big FU to everyone.

She said 'it was me' that caused Travis to never speak to Steven again and Samantha to not have any more photos taken. That wasn't an apology. She's just happy that she did something so significant.

She implied that Samantha lied about Travis being the glue that held the family together.

DV shirt. No need for an explanation.

Mentioned that all the dark stuff from the relationship is now in the open for good. It's not her fault, of course. It's her only consolation 'Well I'm convicted of first-degree murder but I did a good job of ruining Travis' reputation.'

She'll recycle and paint and draw and tutor. She's so much better than everyone else in prison.

Is she trying to get the death penalty??

I'm worth something to society, I made a t-shirt....

bye-bye-1.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bye+...=126&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:101

Let's not forget she was caught with a gun and a couple of knives secreted in her getaway car. Amazing that that couldn't have been entered into evidence for the mitigation phase.

Wait what?? How did I miss this...???

Where did she get that gun?

OMG I was having withdrawal symptoms! Please don't leave me alone again! I promise I'll Behave.

So what's up with Nurmi's body language? Just totally pizzed off about everything? Sick to death of the whole ordeal? Bored? Disgusted by his client?

Maybe someone pizzed in his wheaties this morn.

I think that applies only if the judge says 25 to life. She can say life with no parole.

But there is the possibility that the judge could say that. If I was on the jury, I would not want that chance to be possible.

Willmott's biggest mistakes today

1. Trashing Travis again
2. Implying that Travis' family can get all the closure they need with a sentence of life.
3. Saying JA has no ego. Um, what?

I got really, really ticced off when JA was talking about Travis' grandmother.

Sam referred to Travis' murder as what aided in grandmother's death.

JA said "well she was sick in 2007 and Travis thought she was going to die then since she was so frail".

GAH!!!!! Couldn't be HER actions/fault, again! :mad:

I listened to the Instructions to the Jury very intently. Then I thought about it -- I had much longer than I needed really due to our break, but all is well now. And we love even more than we did this morning!! And all the other folks who were in on this big effort to put us all back together again.

I know I'm not on that jury, and it is said until you're in that spot, you never really know how it feels to have that burden and responsibility. That makes a lot of sense...but here goes my humble opinion.

That said, I really don't know how I could vote anything besides death -- according to the Instructions Her Honor read. It's the law in this state, like so many others, mine included. I think the mitigation/aggravation arguments are obviously where the rubber hits the road. (duh) When you consider the instructions and weigh the factors, you, as a DP-certified juror, really have no choice in this situation. JW could not surmount it. And Jodi did herself no favors. The mitigation does not come close to countering the aggravation and horror and cruelty of the offense. It must be Death. Period.

Just my feelings here.

You know she should get an award for her design of that Tee Shirt. It took months of Artistic work you know. One friggin word "Survivor" CBS needs to sue, and she designed it cause she is a artist that can contribute in life.

I know, it doesn't even say survivor of what!!

Oh my gosh - couldn't log on until a few minutes ago! Better late than never!
Can't believe the gall of the defendant - still bashing Travis with that Survivor T-shirt carp!
Not one ounce of remorse except for herself. But the biggie was her pleading, begging for LWOP because of HER family!!! She didn't kill herself because she didn't want to hurt her family. Funny, I thought it was because the razor blade stung so bad! What a liar! Is this the same family she threw under the bus all during the trial???

Gotta love the mitigators: donating hair to cancer survivors. I would rather die than have her hair on my head! Starting a book club. Who does she think she is, Oprah? Recycling trash and creating hundreds of jobs. ROTFLMAO!!!! Stimulating the economy? She's an artist? NOT. She is a part-time waitress with a camera who learned to paint by numbers in kindergarden. How did she get away with showing those imitation sketches???

I am so afraid she is going to get off with Life. It only takes one juror. I am normally against the DP, except in rare cases. This is one where I would be happy to inject her. She still hates Travis and she is still happy he is dead. I pray the jury wipes that smug look off her face...quickly!

Exactly. When she said she knows she is responsible for the family's grief, for Stephen never receiving the phone call that June 4th, and for that photo being the last of Samantha and Travis together, it was as if her responsibility for this gives her pleasure.

Just got home and now listening to this stuff. So far prison sounds like a great place to be. Wow, I should go to prison.

Listening to Jodi's statement, all I could think of was the "banality of evil".
Just..... unoriginal, boring, unremarkable. And cold. I don't know why, but somehow I expected something more....even though I should know better. Being human is foreign to her.
Hoping for a swift (final) verdict!

So what's up with Nurmi's body language? Just totally pizzed off about everything? Sick to death of the whole ordeal? Bored? Disgusted by his client?

I didn't notice, but the guy is trying to salvage his reputation as a criminal defense attorney, and he's not doing very well, especially considering the fact that his goal is to go into private practice. I think he has been overreacting for that reason.

(Thought I got banned!!)

Her hair was below her waist a couple months before trial? And she's donated to Locks of Love3 times? One of us will expose that one. :)

Definitely calling PURE BS on that one! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member