Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly thought she would get LWOP until that crazy selfish statement in court - she sunk herself - especially showing that t shirt - wth!

BBM she said she "designed" the t-shirt - how much does it entail to "design" a plain v-neck tee with one word on it? Don't you just pick the style of shirt, the font you want, and the color of said shirt and font?
Also she said "100% of proceeds go to DV nonprofits" but at this website (mods: please delete if I shouldn't post this link):
http://************************/the-survivor-t-shirt-jodi-arias/
It says this (BBM): "A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support*other survivors*of domestic violence, and go to*Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations*selected by Jodi."

"A portion" is not "100%" - I wonder who is lying.

Like many here, I went through a divorce after 9 years (and 3 children later...) of marraige. He left for another woman.

Was I angry? YES
Was I hurt? YES
Did I want to Kill him? YES
Did I? NO

During the separation and divorce, I went through a technical school to learn a skill so I could support myself (and 3 kids). One of my courses, we had to create a product or service and sell it. My topic? Inspired by my soon-to-be Ex:

Pied Piper Exterminator - It offfered a variety of ways to "get rid of" the Ex

I channeled my hurt and pain by writing a "fantasy" of sorts and it was cathartic! And guess what... I got a A+ on my paper!

:floorlaugh:

#1 Katie & Deanna

#2 Listening to Wilmott

#3 Objection on picture of Travis

#4 Wilmott - speaking about BPD

#5 WIlmott - "do you kill her" --- me: YES!!

I tell you, looking at these captures, the only one not suffering is the convict.

Yes I figured it out while replying to another user. :floorlaugh: Thank you.
Do you think the lack of witness testimony will hurt or benefit Jodi?
It surely limited Juan Martinez...

But if the jurors are supposed to decide on the facts, how did JW get away with what she did? She basically told them "YOU will kill Jodi Arias" and some other stuff meants to work on their emotions.

I think it hurts her badly. Especially when her family is right there, and has been there.

Whew, I made it thru that. Skipping JW and right on to Juan. He's like Pepto Bismol.

Thank you to all of you WS people who have given me an education about trials, especially death penalty trials. I have learned so much.

One clear impression that I have from this trial: JA is just as obsessed with Travis Alexander dead as she was with him alive. Her expressions, her emphases, her reliance on the relationship she believes she had with him--all of it still exists.

that was an unbelievably BAD MOVE!!!!

as was willmott bringing up ALV during closing (does she really want the jury to think about alyce???----and ALSO pointing out that dr. samuels also found a personality disorder when they argued against that very thing tooth and nail for DAYS!!!!!!!

And now the jury know the DT lied to them, too.

Jumping off you post...

Who believes the GARBAGE that she didn't know Travis's Grandmother passed?? I call BS.

I'm with you Angel. I'm sure that Jodi knew of their grandmothers passing.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1m

Source: Judge's ban on #JodiArias interviews lifted. She is picking and choosing who she talks to. #FOX10

I just think it's strange Jodi's Family did not speak for themselves. Could have been a tremendous impact to put her ailing Father in front of the jury to beg for his daughter's life.

The DT didn't, still doesn't, mind throwing Victim Travis, unable to defend himself into the pack of wolves that is Jodi. But, they won't allow open court statements from HER Family?

Very weird Arias Family kept coming up in closing, but they NEVER spoke for themselves. More evidence of the psychotic, maniacal, over bearing and yes ABUSIVE hold Jodi has over her Family even from a prison cell.

HOORAY I AM NOT BANNED!!!!

Seriously, what a relief. I am tickled other people thought the same thing!

The one factor which was not mentioned was the danger Arias would present to her fellow inmates. A person who appears perfectly normal who is capable of incredible violence over ... what? A trip to Cancun? Someone telling on her?

That last one would endanger every snitch in prison.

I loved Juan's argument that society punishes the first vicious murder because, in effect, if they didn't, everyone would be entitled to a "free one."

My heart broke when he said Travis would never be older than 30 and the heartbreak on his sisters' faces was just unbearable.

Jodi Arias had the gall to say that she would have to give up Christmas and having a baby. Give me a break. If they don't kill that monster, she will be married by proxy and pregnant through the mail. As far as I'm concerned, every thing she said she could do in prison repelled me. In fact, it made me even more certain that death is the proper sentence for her so she is not marching around with a "survivor" T-shirt while Travis lies in a coffin.

If only they still had the electric chair!

YES! I do not believe she can ever be rehabilitated. She is one of the most dangerous kinds of criminals right along with the serial killers. She is a retaliatory type killer who will obsess over other human beings and not ever let them go until she finds the resolution she seeks. She could very easily start obsessing over another inmate or guard or whoever and kill again. That is her go-to way of conflict resolution if she feels she has been pushed too far, and her victim could very easily not see it coming. She's a torturer as well. In this case, the death penalty is the only thing I can see that will protect everyone involved.

Since I was on lock-out from WS today :eek: I actually resorted to taking notes while JA spoke ( I know, actual pen and paper!)

These are the things I noted:
when she talked of Travis' grandmother, I was pizzed. I think this was her "sneaky" way of getting in there that Travis' grandma was sick before the murder of Travis and that the Grandma (not Travis) was the glue of the family. Grrrr... very early in her talk and I already wanted to pluck her voicebox out with my bare hands.

The suicide letter BS. What crap... she thinks FAR too much of herself to ever "make the world try to go on without her".

All the jobs/good things:
If all these things are available for you to do, what have you been doing for five freakin' years? Recycling program, teaching Spanish or ALS, book club... BS. There are many others who could (and actually WOULD) do these things. I don't believe for a second she will do ANY of this anyway - it's all about JA to JA and I don't think she will feel these things are worthy of her time.

As far as the t-shirt... BAD MOVE! She already knows they didn't buy the DV carp, and then uses her spotlight moment to trash Travis once again by saying he abused her. That move alone earns her a GREAT BIG F YOU from me.

She said she was the first daughter. (guess her older half sister doesn't count?) Then she gives us the family slide show. Camping, nieces, Christmas, etc... Guess what JA? YOU and ONLY YOU are responsible for none of those things being available to you anymore. The pain in your family (and I believe any family would be in pain over this situation) is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT YOUR FAULT! You say you are the cause, but it is clear you don't believe that. We all see it very clearly and I pray the jury does too.

The whole bringing up PW was threatened. I know some are really angry about that but I wasn't shocked. It was her attempt to sway the jury. I don't think the jury gives anything she says any weight, so I don't think it will matter one way or the other that she mentioned it.

Her whole BS about not wanting to malign Travis. What a load of crapola and I am sure the jury will see that. They aren't stupid. They heard her testimony ad nauseum on the stand.

And, of course, after all her interviews saying she would want death, she asks for Life. Anyone shocked? I am not. Again, she thinks too much of herself to want to die. I don't believe for one second it was a recent change of mind or has anything to do with her family and their feelings. It is, as always, all about JA.

Ok - didn't see the JM or JW parts will have to watch them when they are posted. I don't know what the jury will decide, but I don't think what JA said contained anything that would sway me if I were them.
:goodpost:

Please don't throw tomatoes, but
Does anyone think the AZ prison system has not looked into a recycling program? It can be very expensive, especially when the people discarding items do not sort them. Then someone has to be paid to do it. There has to be a facility to accept the items for recycling.
The students at a college where I worked tried it - the college could not sustain it.

I just thought it absurd that she was 'interviewing' for a job in prison administration during her allocution. Not to mention how creepy it was that she freely admitted to - how much damage she did to the Alexander family only occurred to her after their victim impact statements. Reason enough right there to give her death.

Please don't throw tomatoes, but
Does anyone think the AZ prison system has not looked into a recycling program? It can be very expensive, especially when the people discarding items do not sort them. Then someone has to be paid to do it. There has to be a facility to accept the items for recycling.
The students at a college where I worked tried it - the college could not sustain it.

No tomatoes thrown here... as much as I'm all for recycling, financially it can get pricey, at times.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3m

Source: Judge's ban on #JodiArias interviews lifted. She is picking and choosing who she talks to. #FOX10

....there was a point when she said something along the lines of "although I do concede that the Alexander's have suffered..."
...she concedes...how absolutely righteous of her....

...and she also threw in that jab of why she didn't want to have to see the Alexander's anymore...there were so many self serving nasty undertones...just like the shirt-only implied rather than displayed outright...the whole thing left a nasty taste in my mouth....even the way she tried to joke about her niece attempting to play the piano...

...that Christmas picture with them holding the picture of her- was thatbmeantnto generate sympathy?....just think of the Alexandre's....the forever empty chair....the brother/uncle who will for ever be 30.....
I could go on and on...but the great thing about here is that I know you all feel the same mixture of incredulous anger...disbelief absolute bitterness towards the perpetrator...
...and enduring grief for Travis......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member