Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think it has to be more than that ? She has sat in that courtroom everyday, I doubt she did it for free.

As I understand it, it is more than that.

The 100 hours were requested and approved for only the guilt phase of the trial.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lynn Daykin ‏@EnglishKook 2h #jodiarias wants to die so she can meet Travis in heaven.She never got the memo her bus is going in the opposite direction. @janinedriver

So if there is no mitigation case, can we taxpayers get a refund?

Given the mitigation factors she thought up, not only should you get a refund, she should be paying you :D Seriously, those mitigating factors are laughable IMO.

I read the Collector when I was twelve years old and it always stayed with me.

I know too much of Jodi and Daryl.

Just a quick question, does "plea the fifth" preclude Womack from testifying on behalf of Jodi?

Pleading the fifth, is refusing to testify under oath, due to self incrimination.

If you plead the fifth, then you are choosing not to testify.
She would be "precluding" herself by refusing to answer questions.

I've been voting for schizoid all along together with ASPD.

NO! Not so fast.......Schizoid/Schizotypal/or Schizophrenia is an AXIS I diagnosis (if professionally evaluated and the results reflect that) ***AND*** that could take the DP off the table.

BPD is an AXIS II so the DP still stands.

Big difference, imo.

$10,000 for 5 months work does not sound like THAT much! Of course...it's about 4 months too looooooong, though!

She's been paid $10,000 to basically come up with "sorry, no mitigating factors for you." Seriously, has she actually done anything to help in this mitigation phase?

After some of the comments about DB
If I were him- I would have kept my face hidden!!

No kidding!! :floorlaugh: A few white lies about JA may have been acceptable but to lie about a key point in his testimony was disgusting.

I feel that another reason the DT keeps dragging this out is to put distance from Samantha's and Steven's victim impact statements.

Agree but that is just a part of what is going on. They also want some time to control their client, or try to. They also want some time and distance between the murderer's interview right after the verdit, also they are hoping things happen to destroy the solidarity of the current jury.

The other thought that keeps crossing my mindis just how bad KN and JW looked as defense lawyers. They could not control their client, they seemed ill prepared in many ways witnesses, questioning, cross examination.

They have been on TV almost 6 months and other than the recognition they had a lousy case and client there are no rave reviews about their professional performance. IMO they are desperately trying to salvage some of their professional reputation.

NO! Not so fast.......Schizoid/Schizotypal/or Schizophrenia is an AXIS I diagnosis (if professionally evaluated and the results reflect that) ***AND*** that could take the DP off the table.

BPD is an AXIS II so the DP still stands.

Big difference, imo.

No worries there..Schizoid/Schizotypal Personality Disorders are Axis II!

.....as expected from JA who is profoundly BPD w/cormorbidity, SHE is running the show and puppeteers her DT.

Because of this, the entire court case is effected. Boundary issues, rules, regulations, normal processes will all be skewed by JA and her BPD.

The drama will never end.

People involved in the case will fold like cheap umbrellas. They will be worn out. There is no appeasing JA because the rules change per her whim. She is relentless. It is always about her and perceived slights. Willful.

Profound BPD is difficult to deal with. There is no winning.

MOO.

$2500 a day for just showing up in court for less than an hour??

I'm trying to find out how the law is there in AZ, maybe AZLAWYER could answer this question but I am sure that Nurmi and Willmott have special contracts for this Death Penalty Case. I would bet they still get paid if they even just show up. Who knows...I am trying to find out.

I'm going to look into it .. there's a few videos on YouTube, but it looks like they're more hermit like than Jodi was ..
I remember some people saying how different Jodi is when there are more people around.

O/T - My sister was diagnosed schizoid once. She answered the MMPI question, "Do you see things other people do not?" with, "Yes." :facepalm: She thought they wanted to know if she was a PERCEPTIVE person. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela