Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like some here, I'm not a death penalty proponent. But those on the jury are not adverse to the DP.

If they follow the instructions given to them (to weigh mitigating factors against evidence), they would have to choose the DP as a verdict, no?

The worst part for me today was when JW was going on about how JA could have been a writer, a great saleswoman, a famous artist or maybe even a defense attorney. I'm surprised she did not throw in astronaut, firefighter or president of the United States--she had about the same chance of those.

I almost threw up when she said "famous artist". Yeah right.
Wilmot forgot the real one....butcher.

OMG-What about her dig at Sam when she said Travis was the glue that held their family together

And Jodi tells the jury that Travis said it was their grandmother who was

I was SOO PIZZED

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it was a dig in disguise!!! I got that too!!! I'm sure only us WS'ers and Travis' family got that dig...hopefully the jurors did too.

I know...and her hosting a book club and trying to win a turkey by singing...grrrrrr
She needs a tiny cell...with no one and then death......

She'll make best friends with the spiders she can't kill.:rolleyes:

Start and be club president of the recycle club:jail:

(Thought I got banned!!)

Her hair was below her waist a couple months before trial? And she's donated to Locks of Love3 times? One of us will expose that one. :)

Curious if the organization does in fact get hair from prison inmates, and if there is currently a partnership in place with the jail she's is in. I would bet someone at the org could verify with a simple yes or no. Someone get on that ASAP. I'm tired.

I've informed my parents they are very lucky I didn't kill anyone.
Since they had another CHILD after ME! :dramaqueen:

My entire existence was rocked because my parents were not there for me...
After my younger sibling was born. (And they never took me to Hawaii!) :tantrum:

They are very lucky that "abuse" didn't result in me killing anyone!
They feel very blessed that I turned out so fabulously despite their failures.
:seeya:

I'll you something else, as long as we're waiting. I would have given her the death penalty just for that "portrait" of Elvis that she showed in court today.

Um did you not hear JW , she could have been a famous artist. JEEZ :floorlaugh:

The t-shirt and art presentation looked more like Jodi was on QVC hawking her brand than a plea to a jury.

I for one would like some of Jodi's hair to finish my voodoo doll of her, it's the only thing that's missing.

My cat needs some patch werk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OMG I am listening to this Darryl Brewer interview. This is beyond creepy. He has a very paternalistic attitude towards her. This is not a man talking about his ex-lover, potential wife. This is a man talking about someone he considered like a daughter. Which is creepy creepy creepy weird.

my ex-husband was 20 years older than me so i get that. it's just the nature of relationships like that---probably not all, but many. he seems very protective of her. she was a 'girl' to him for real.
it's a 'generation gap' relationship. my ex was in the korean war when i was 3 years old! so i didn't find it that creepy. i found it familiar.

She is going to get the death penalty and be whisked away to that prison to begin her sentence today. I believe that. Her breaking out that domestic violence shirt and continuing to claim to be abused by Travis sealed her fate. No one on the jury thinks she should remain free to continue to torture Travis' family with her fake causes, continuing to run their brother's name through the mud by implication for the rest of her life. They want to give this family the relief they seek and the justice this BRUTAL murder calls for.

By Jennifer's standards, any one would get a pass for murder, as long as it was just the one.

Jennifer thinks just because she yells it she can convince the jury that JM is shady. They like, trust and respect him, in my opinion. We'll just see if they buy that Jennifer, we will just see!!!

I thought JA's family looked kind of disinterested. And didn't you love how JA used her family as the excuse to keep her alive and breathing?

I would love it if one of them would have spoken up and said "Nah, it's okay, we'll be fine, don't worry 'bout us - really".

The worst part for me today was when JW was going on about how JA could have been a writer, a great saleswoman, a famous artist or maybe even a defense attorney. I'm surprised she did not throw in astronaut, firefighter or president of the United States--she had about the same chance of those.

.....and the unsaid punchline: "If she had NOT met Travis."

This is beyond evil.

Answer: Until the judge says a juror didn't heed her admonition, I will trust this professional, punctual, serious jury. Should we really start questioning the jury? I say no.

just felt this needed repeating!!! :seeya:

The prison book reading club was just too much for me. lmao

I'm no lawyer but JA's best shot at getting life would have been to simply say 'I'm sorry I murdered Travis. I'm sorry for having caused so much pain. Travis was a wonderful man. I'm sorry for having wasted everyone's time. I'm sorry for the person I've become. I cannot understand how I was capable of such horrific violence. I need help. I'm a sick, sick girl. I'm willing to be honest, get help and rehabiliate myself. If you put me to death then I won't have that chance. I'm undeserving but I'm begging you all now. For my sake. For my family's sake.'

Oops! Did you forget that Jodi is not really a human being? She decided to be a reptile years ago!

I think that she is incapable of saying any of that--her soul is black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay