Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't ask a question, they just let the judge know there were not able to reach a verdict.

They did ask a question: (BBM)

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 51m
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

If I were a juror, the only thing I would be hung up on is which is worse for Jodi? Is she punished more knowing she'll be in prison until she dies, or is she punished more knowing she will die and spending years, decades, waiting for that?

I'm inclined to think that is what they are doing, I just refuse to believe ANY juror thinks Jodi life would be worth something to anyone other than her.

Most of all, I want these poor people, Travis' family and the jurors to be able to end this and go on with their lives. They shouldn't have to be tortured with future Jodi interviews for the rest of their lives.

No decision yet?

I think until the little family guilt trip, she would have received death.

But, with that story and her bro, sis, dad, and mom, lined up and pointed to like they were ... that did it, hung jurors.

:seeya:

Snipped and BBM: This is JMO, but I honestly believe that her father does not really care about her ... and the rest of her family, well, either they are just like her or they have gone along with her "stunts" and manipulation because they know what she is like and just tolerate her ...

Oh I don't even know if that made sense ... but KWIM ?

I am so upset right now ...

:moo:

I'm starting to feel sick. Travis and his family deserve justice.

Me too. Mostly because it will still be The JA Show for a long time to come.
And TA's family will not get peace, nor will they be able to go on with their lives while the murderess develops a bigger following spewing her BS. :banghead:

One thing clear though, she ain't winning CRAP. She was found guilty of premeditated murder in the first degree and she will never walk out of prison.

She will if she gets Life with no parole for 25 years.

They don't have the option of giving life. If they can't come back with death, then it goes to yet another jury, yet another hearing, yet another decision. And then if that jury can't decide on death, THEN it goes to the judge to decide LWOP or LWP. More wasted time. More wasted money. More hell for the Alexander family.

Are you sure that's right? I was under the impression they were choosing life or death. If they choose life, then the judge sets the terms (parole or natural life.) Can someone verify?

For someone who asked for clarification, I just rewound HLN.

JSS "I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision."

So, it wasn't a question of 'what if'. :(

OK OK OK..
The Maricopa County Court Twitter stated "What if " question..

JSS did say "I received a note you are unable to reach"..

SO.. perhaps the official questions WAS the what IF but.. JSS interpretted it as WE'VE BEEN.. So maybe WE'RE ALL CORRECT.. but either way they went back in to deliberate more.. some I guess got lunch etc so let's not :panic: but let's channel our thoughts, prayers, feelings our preferred method of requesting positive and focus on the RIGHT DECISION for Alexander Family, Justice & accountability of the Jurors.

JMO <please no tomatos ;) >

Just heard the replay of JSS saying "it is my understanding that you are unable to come to a unanimous descision". darn (HLN)

I'm afraid for the members of this jury should they come back with a life sentence. This is their decision to decide and their decision will affect so many lives and bear on their souls forever.

IMO their recommendation needs to be accepted by the public if they are able to come to a consensus. I honestly think at this point they are above being tainted by the news media. If they were tainted, I think they'd come back with Death five minutes into their deliberations yesterday. They will receive backlash if they do not send her to the death chamber and, to me, that is totally outrageous. Unfortunately, they have no idea the scrutiny they are about to receive. People will call and harass them like they have done to everyone that goes against what they believe.

This is the jury's case to decide. They have to live with their decision. Let them be and let them make it in peace and I hope that with what ever they (hopefully) decide, people will accept. This is the way the system works, and if people are afraid to serve on a high-profile jury for fear of retaliation, then our justice system will cease to work the way it is supposed to work.

And I know I'll be berated for this but, I believe, IMO, that the death sentence should be preserved for the most heinous of criminals. The Dahmers, Bundys, Mansons, Tsarnaevs, of this world. Even Kermit Gosnell and co., but I, do not think she should be put to death. Sorry, I don't. However, I'm not on this jury and if they decide death, then I will accept their decision.

People are allowed to disagree and voice that disagreement. Threats are never okay. Being passionate and invested and believing in certain punishments and supporting a family and safely expressing themselves is our right. I'm not sure if the above post was directed at WS'ers or not, but we are in a forum where we have established limits and we care deeply about those involved, we are educated about the system and have the genuine interest at heart. There are always folks who go to far, but the majority who have pure intentions should not be lectured because they are opinionated and stand up for their beliefs.

BBM - Not sure why you expected to be berated. Disagreement is allowed. As you stated, the above is your opinion. I respect that. I agree those criminals you mentioned are very heinous and deserve the DP. I also think the crime JA committed against this victim deserves to be looked at on its own and it is truly horrific and brutal and IMO without a doubt the crime and the criminal who committed it are both very deserving of death.

If those jurors cannot look over at the family of Travis' in tears vs Jodi in her pony-tail sans glasses now, sitting there all smiley-smirking and decide justice is death for Jodi. Will they ever get the way she sawed at Travis' throat out of their minds? Lured him in that shower, intending to shove that knife in his chest? Stomped his lower legs along with slashes to keep him in the shower? Stabbed the back of head and back while he cough up blood at the sink? Shooting him in the face...to give the illusion of two intruders? (Was she setting up Chris and Sky?)

I wonder if they can specify LWOP Plus JA can never make another Interview, Video or written... the important item for the Alexander Family if she escapes a DP is to Never hear a word from her again. That would be a huge Penalty to JA also

unless Arizona is different than other states in this regards, that is not true.

I have watched plenty of "interviews" of LWOP inmates. she will have MANY MANY privileges including contact with the outside including media and the ability to write a book (although not profit from it).

LWOP will be easy for her - she adapts to ANY situation and will for prison.

Are you sure that's right? I was under the impression they were choosing life or death. If they choose life, then the judge sets the terms (parole or natural life.) Can someone verify?

They can choose between life and death and then judge sets the terms for life. You're right.

Dumb questions probably,,if they court finds out that it's only 1 or 2 jurors holding out can they replace them with the alternate jurors since they have been there through the whole trial?

:twocents::twocents:

If a juror is holding out because he/she all of a sudden is opposed to the death penalty, then he/she was not honest during the jury selection process, and therefore needs to be RELEASED and REPLACED with one of the 3 alternates. Problem solved. :moo:

Unfortunately, I think there are more than one or two jurors in disagreement....

I did not hear that. I heard from the judge, We are not able to reach a unanimous decision. I hope you are right, but ....

You are correct, HLN just played it again.

The 8 mitigating factors listed by the defense are a joke. Thus, IMO, if this jury is hung up on any mitigating factor, it is the borderline personality diagnosis put forth by the prosecution.

I say, let these people go home. The Alexanders can go home with the knowledge that when they come back with a new jury for the sentence, the very least that JA will get is life. They can rest and restore themselves, and regain their strength.

Better to wait than to get this wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member