Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no.
the jury asked the judge what happens if they cannot come to a unanimous decision.
that is all that happened.

wrong
And is JS able to tell them exactly what will happen if they can't agree? That that they may be REPLACED with a new jury?
Or, it that forbidden to tell them? I think the jury as a whole - the family atmosphere #8 spoke about would feel terrible to not be able to finish the trial they have put so much time and heart in. To be replaced at this point MAY be a determining factor for them.

I just pray for wisdom for them, and will accept their hard won answer - what ever it is.

OMG ... I almost forgot about Mr. Martinez ! He worked so hard for Travis and his beautiful Family !

OMG ... I can't even begin to imagine what the Alexander's are going through ... and Travis' friends, like Deanna ... Mr. Martinez ... oh, and Det. Flores ...

OMG ... all I can do is hope and :please::please::please:

You knwo what all? I saw real concern on CMJA's face when JSS was talking. I think she thought she would get life. I think she was shocked to hear that some are thinking of the death penalty. MOO. That's what I read from her face.

So that gives me some relief. I hope that the ones that are for death hold firm.

See, and I saw smugness. I thought JA appeared smug and somewhat glad at the prospect of a hung jury. Perception.

You guys... she's been convicted of 1st degree murder. There is no way JSS will only give her 25 yrs as her "life" sentence if it goes that way. She will spend the rest of her life in prison one way or the other. That *is* justice for the Alexander Family. Does no one understand this? Of course they hope she gets the DP but either way she will be gone/out of their lives forever. Getting that conviction was the most important part of this whole drama. Getting the DP is icing on the cake, but even without that they do have justice.

I tend to agree with you on everything.....
but...

according to the absolute distraught looks on the family, I do not think they would agree with you at all. when that comment was read...........they literally were so devastated it looked like Samantha would vomit. she then left the room. they will not be satisfied with anything other than death. no way.

What were all the lovely things said about this jury. Again. for the record, I think it is ONE saying "I WON"T DO IT . No No No No". Jury says, fine, we will go to the judge.

well, see ya at the new sentencing phase....probably over a year from now! because the DT will pull out every stop to interfere with that.

i don't want that. and what if THAT jury, who didn't even sit through her 18 days of bull**** and grow to hate her guts, does the same as this one?

It's a tough choice either way. The Judge gets to decide what sort of life this will be, correct? Jurors cannot decide to sentence her to life without parole? They can only sentence her to life and the Judge will decide whether it will be with parole or not? Thanks.

Since the jury came out relatively quick to ask their what if question after getting additional jury instruction .I think it's too soon to panic that they cannot reach a verdict...I thought JSS instruction and offer to assist with deliberating questions and stalemates was good...Think JSS needs to think long and hard about LWOP....IMO

Since when is the effect the dp has on a killers family a mitigating factor?

If this trial doesn't end with a verdict today, Jodi will become a media sensation. She will use the reprieve to get her story out there and insure that there will be no chance of seating an impartial jury in the future. :moo:

Some days are so positive nothing can go wrong.
Other days seem to try so hard to make up for that with one thing after another...like a house of cards...plop plop plop...

The IF we cannot agree makes more sense. They haven't been in there that long, and maybe they just want to be sure JA never gets out, does not get off for the crime (which she will not). It is good they are asking. You'd be surprised the things that jurors do not know, cannot interpret, etc... Even if they thought they knew from watching other trials, it is an entirely different thought process when having to actually make the decision.

one thing i don't want is a juror claiming later they had their arm twisted and voted for the DP when they really didn't want to.

I have to wonder...when JSS called the jury in and gave them the instruction on life that she FORGOT, if that maybe got someone thinking she should get life. Judge messed up.

Based on the verdict already returned by this jury, the evidence, & the testimony by the dependent, JA is the poster child for the death penalty (& how would you like that under your picture in the yearbook?)

They really need to hold her accountable for her unspeakable behavior- she's a waste of life, who has eliminated what was likely to be a remarkable life, & has caused infinite pain to many. Just end it, already....

Sadly this does not surprise me .
She deserves the DP
I want her to get the DP
But I have never been convinced it would
Be that easy !
My dear judge friend prepared me for this
When he told me that being death qualified
Does not assure you can get a DP out
Of them
I am so very sickened and saddened by this

Status
Not open for further replies.