Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the concern?

Let's say the jury hangs at this point and cannot decide.

1. Arias doesn't go free.
2. Arias' conviction of 1st degree murder is intact!
3. Another jury could be impaneled
4. The judge could end up being the one to decide which life sentence she gets
5. The judge (IMO) will never give her the sentence that allows her any chance of parole.

So in the end the "worst" that could happen is she spends the rest of her life in prison. A hardcore prison. Forever.

But it WON'T be over. CMJA will still be rockin' it out in JAIL not PRISON. And worst of all Travis' family has NO CLOSURE again. Five Years and a Million Tears. This Needs To Be Over.

Jean C reports juror sighting of group of four jurors in cafeteria by Grace Wong. Miss Wong felt these jurors weren't very bonded based on body language
Also reports that sealing a jury question is not the norm in this jurisdiction

this just hit me.....wonder if they asked could they continue into tomorrow because of the long weekend????

eta; should they need to

Sorry to be annoying but I was out all day and am trying to catch up. Have read the WAT tweets and tried to skim thread. So no decision, but the jury has or had a question? Was answer written and returned to jury by bailiff or will it be read later in open court? Any buzz about anything?

Thank you!!!

Hi Nadjatheresa :seeya:

Jury had a question but it was sealed.

They are still deliberating.

:toast: Basilcat!!! (Cant stop tradition now :gasp:

There goes Jean. Talking about jurors standing with their arms crossed, not talking to each other, looking defiant. She loves reporting this. What is her deal? She's such a Debbie Downer for no reason!

HLN is really scratching the bottom of the barrel for things to kill time with.

After the 3rd question this morning, Mr M goes back to his seat, Det Flores sits down next to Mr M, looks to me like Mr M smiles at Det Flores and says something (1 word I can't make out), I can't make out what he says, but IMO doesn't seem upset/concerned about question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jVOpZFaXZtY

Maybe I'm wrong, but Jodi is smiling when Wilmott sits down and appears to have said "What was it?" or something.. A few secs later, the smirk is wiped off her face. She then tenses up. She keeps talking even through the judges first words like she's ranting. I think it was bad for the defense from this video.

I can't even imagine what the Alexanders are feeling right now. I would be puking, from nerves.....which I am almost doing here.

2013 has been the worst year for myself and a lot of people I know. Please set the universe straight and let 2013 be the BEST year for the Alexanders.

:please: :please:

Praying it's a great year for you all too :please:

Why the concern?

Let's say the jury hangs at this point and cannot decide.

1. Arias doesn't go free.
2. Arias' conviction of 1st degree murder is intact!
3. Another jury could be impaneled
4. The judge could end up being the one to decide which life sentence she gets
5. The judge (IMO) will never give her the sentence that allows her any chance of parole.

So in the end the "worst" that could happen is she spends the rest of her life in prison. A hardcore prison. Forever.

My concern...

I hate, hate, hate and don't want to even consider that the Alexander family will have to continue on this legal path, and will be horrified if they had to endure another jury being impaneled.

In addition, the costs involved for the State of AZ, and again, the family, if this continues. (Costs are important, but not as important as the emotional hell the Alexanders are having to go through seeing this witch in court, playing the system. JMO)

I still have faith that they will reach agreement this afternoon, but I must say I'm concerned at 10.5 hrs plus. Just being real.

BUT AM SO RELIEVED THE GUILT PHASE IS DONE AND CAME TO THE RIGHT CONCLUSION! THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN AWAY! (Well, except appeals.)

ok, i'm wishing positive juju for the 11 hours to give the DP----like with tim mcveigh and scott peterson.

come on, 11 hours!!

seriously, i don't know why everyone on HLN has given up on the jury. they're still at it!!

O/T Breaking News:

Mario McNeill was found guilty of 6/7 charges in the first degree murder/kidnapping/trafficking/rape of 5 year old Shaniya Davis.

LINK HERE

The Lord has made Himself known: He works judgment; the wicked man is snared by his own devices. (Psalm 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024