Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers everyone. We'll know more next week. Hes still a happy boy so we're trying not to stress until we know more.

I just got home and still no news from the courtroom ugh. I'm glad they're taking their jobs seriously. I hope they're busy swaying someone to the DP side.

Jinkasaurus et al will know by the look in bailiff's eyes when the verdict has been reached. Also reiterated a bit ago how producer Wong (who apparently has amazing body language/mind-reading skills) thinks there is acrimony in the deliberations. :banghead:

Breaking news: "defiant female" and 3 male jurors not talking in line in cafeteria. Maybe because HLN et al are stalking them?

I'm not real worried about this, it's a big decision for those making it I'm sure. Either way, Jodi is convicted of capital murder and is off to the big house.

ETA I see may of us have the stalker angle going re: the jury. And "jury whisperer" :lol:

What I noticed during the trial, every time the camera would pan, ALL the reporters/producers/media ppl....including Wong, Jean C, Beth K, Troy Haden, and others would have their heads down and typing on their laptops. Soooo....it always seemed to be like they couldn't get the full feel of everythng b/c after all it didn't seem like they were fully focused on the trial like the jury and the families were.

Jeff Gold was the only one I actually saw looking up most of the time.

:seeya: I was wondering the same thing : :waitasec: must be her "new dew" ...

Well, since we've never seen her wear it this way before...basically ever...not in court...not in photos, etc., I'm surprised that pulling it back like that isn't giving her one of her famous headaches. I wear my hair like that all the time, but when I first started, it would make my head sore.

Does that happen to only me??? :D

I can't tolerate Jean C. These people are deciding whether or not to put someone to death. I wouldn't expect them to be hunky dory and all smiles. :facepalm:

The juror's have been talking to each other for hours and hours and hours. They are tired and most likely have nothing to say. They are on break and may not feeeeellll like talking. Did HLN ever think of that?

Hi everyone...

Have been reading here since Casey Anthony, and every day since Jodi started. Just wanted to say this board is awesome and the best source for information out there! Glad to be a part of such a great community. Here's hoping we get a DP verdict before the end of the day!

Wild About Trial‏@WildAboutTrial10m
It just got incredibly loud in here, like 30 JVM's are talking at once. Still no news to report. #JodiArias

I can't tolerate Jean C. These people are deciding whether or not to put someone to death. I wouldn't expect them to be hunky dory and all smiles. :facepalm:

Exactly! She's all over the map isn't she with her observations.:seeya:
Trying to keep busy! I burnt so,e oldies CDs for my friend! Made me something to eat! Showered cooked and here I am waiting with y'all.

I'm thinking that what's holding things up right now is that one or more of the jurors (most likely 1+ of the church-going woman/women as it seemed that it was 2 women that held the murder one charge up for a little bit) is having trouble -personally/morally- having the authority to put someone (albeit a barbaric convicted murderer) to death. In fact, it was probably because of the possibility of having to decide giving DP if a first degree murder conviction was given that initially held those holdouts up (from giving first degree) in the guilty phase. But now that first degree WAS issued and they've advanced on to decide on life or death at this point it's much easier on their conscious to take the easy route out and try and stick with LIP. I think every single one of them (the jurors) knows full well WHAT JA is, WHAT she has done, the lives that she has ruined, that she very much deserves death, and that the DP is the most appropriate punishment in this case but one or more is having a hard time facing the fact of issuing DP (whether it be religious/personal reasons or something other). Well too bad so sad, this/these specific juror(s) should've never been so careless/ignorant as to say that "yes they could impose death if a case warranted it and that it wouldn't be an issue/problem for them in doing so" while they sat in voir dire. I think that they honestly believed back then that it would be rare if this trial would even reach DP, and in this assumption they were naive. Well, now that it IS a DP-qualified case and it was PROVEN without a doubt that the aggravators heavily outweigh the mitigators (if any exists) in this case and that DP is the most appropriate punishment, it's time for them to live up to their own words and what they said that they could do if they were presented with it. And considering that there are at least 2 AZ trials that I know of so far where DP was being decided and the juries in those cases initially were deadlocked/had trouble unifying but came back with DP in both, I'm guessing that it's perfectly normal for some to be dead set against DP at first and then changed their minds with some time. I can only hope that the holdout(s) in this case follow suit.

Complete speculation. We have absolutely no idea what took them 13 hours I think it was to decide guilt. I don't think there were any hold ups I think they went over the evidence and were mostly caught up with felony vs pre med.

I think they are an intelligent strong jury and that there not necessarily hold outs. Just people that want it to be a good solid decision.

Chris Hughes said that the Alexanders will accept and respect this jury's decision, no matter what it is. I think the least we all can do is show the same amount of respect and not badmouth them. They've come back with 2 verdicts already.... most importantly First Degree Murder and we were all praising them and showering them with love then. Now that they've deliberated longer than some think they should, backs are being turned on them. I don't get it. Let's not forget, they sat in the courtroom for a month and a 1/2 longer than they were told the trial would last and were subjected to waiting for hours on end on some days and were told they couldn't proceed on some days, all with no explanation. I feel for them. If they need 2 weeks to come to a decision, that's ok with me. Whatever happens, happens. :twocents:

I agree, they've been everything we could hope for. I think the one thing that has people flipping out is them indicating yesterday after a very short deliberation that they were deadlocked, (which could be a misunderstanding) & how upset the family was when that happened. We're just all so invested in seeing justice for the Alexanders that we're very emotional right now. We can't stand to see them hurt anymore.

Thanks for joining my Juanettes DP Kickline, basilcat! You're all invited... NO AUDITION NECESSARY!!!

:juanettes::juanettes:

...Rose has been practicing...and she's quite good....
...at least she said no one would throw tomatoes at her....:floorlaugh:

Come on Rose high steppin it time...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads