Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine the jurors' faces when they find out all the cr*p she has done behind the scenes of the jury!!! I wish I was a fly on the wall when they begin to find out.

They will just be sickened!!! Not that they already aren't with just the legal information they received during the trial.

I can't even imagine what the Alexanders are feeling right now. I would be puking, from nerves.....which I am almost doing here.

2013 has been the worst year for myself and a lot of people I know. Please set the universe straight and let 2013 be the BEST year for the Alexanders.

:please: :please:

bbm - This reminds me of Travis' journal excerpt that Steven read during his VIS, in which Travis wrote about his hopes and high expectations for 2008 being the best year of his life. He was clear and specific about what he would do to improve himself, his relationships, and his environment. Acknowledging his flaws and recognizing he was a work in progress but that was part of the process. He was denied all of that and everything beyond that, FOR WHAT?

His family needs to be able to put this portion of the nightmare behind them and grieve for their brother and live their lives without CMJA controlling them.

I think of you and your son often as well!

What the heck has happened to this jury?

Is this is the same jury that asked astute, intuitive questions during the trial and made thoughtful, intelligent choices for the guilt and aggravation phases? What has happened to them?

I am very concerned and need some hand-holding. Please help!:please:

Me too, Chelly.:therethere::hug:

Forever In Blue Jeans​

Attachments

• forever_in_blue_jeans.jpg
    forever_in_blue_jeans.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 28
I read sometime w/in the past week that of the last 18 juries (death penalty) in Maricopa County, 14 of them returned the death penalty. (If I recall correctly.) Anyone else read this?
I posted that information on one of the threads the other day. It was in the article that dealt with the Wendi Andriano death penalty verdict and the toll it took on the jurors.

My bold. How does Jodi--or any defendant/convict for that matter--"play" the system? They are IN the system, and it's par for the course that they take advantage of the defense, rights, appeals, etc. afforded to them, is it not?

"Play the system" in this case has a great deal to do with the lying torture murderess manipulating media and Internet sources throughout the trial and even as I post this, while the jury is prohibited from knowing anything about it.

E.g.,

JATweet_zps7d8c8219.jpg

I haven't muted but I've tuned them out. TV is in the room next to me which means I'd have to get up.

Mine's in the next room, too; I call it doing my Websleuths Aerobics...computer/TV/computer/TV; yesterday I came around the corner so fast I ran into my bookcase and nearly fell over my computer chair. My husband calls this doing my "triple klutz."

:)

Is this is the same jury that asked astute, intuitive questions during the trial and made thoughtful, intelligent choices for the guilt and aggravation phases? What has happened to them?

:therethere: it really hasn't been that long for a Dp decision ...

15 hours for the guilt phase....

:therethere: it really hasn't been that long for a Dp decision ...

15 hours for the guilt phase....

that is true. it's the questions that are troubling. I was really hoping that with a night off and a holiday weekend looming they'd be able to come to a decision. But the day's not over yet.

Talking about whether a DP is good or bad is a pointless discussion. It goes by the State. Some states have it and some don't. Arizona has a DP, and if it can't come in this horrendous Murder, then there's no point in having it. I think it should be disclosed if this is a One Person Hold-Out, and finding out if they Honestly filled out the Juror's form back on day one in picking the Jurors.

I can think of a lot of reasons why one or more jurors would dig their heels in against the death penalty go CMJA and none of them have to do with being against the DP.

I just don't get this anti-jury sentiments in this thread and this assumption that they should be moving at the pace we want and get the result we want. I feel horrible for the Alexander's and it's a bit presumptive to be thinking investigations into the jury when you have nothing to go on but your assumptions and fears.

We know nothing about why they asked the first question, we only have guesses. We know nothing about what the second question was.

2 points:

1. to claim that nobody would have believed her had she actually apologized, something the killer and several talking heads have claimed, is pathetic. it irks me to hear that. if you're sorry, you apologize because apologizing is the right thing to do. period. she has no remorse.

2. i hope the hold outs on that jury who are worried about ''killing'' someone will realize, before it's too late, that if they fail to return a death sentence for the cretin, they very well may be issuing a death sentence to the younger brother of travis alexander. because it was glaringly apparent that this man is broken, and personally, i believe it quite possible that his welfare and maybe even survival depend on the proper end.

perhaps i'm less patient than the rest. but i'm getting ticked. when you take the AZ formula of aggravating vs mitigating factors for determining life or death, they should have come back within 60 minutes with a death verdict. (and this is from someone who doesn't even like the dp.)

moo.

You know, you are right. Very well said and I agree. This jury is not supposed to allow "feeling bad" to get in the way of the law and the fact that they promised to follow that law.

Jodi stood right up and helped them. She proved there are no mitigating factors. Which as Juan clearly explained they must find for the DP in that case. Even if there are mitigating factors that doesn't mean she gets off the DP. If they want to veer away from what the law is telling them, look at the family of the person who was slaughtered, not the family of the person they already agreed premeditated a murder in an extreme cruel way.

Steven and Samantha made it crystal clear what they needed. That this took more people down then just Travis in their own family... hello Jury?

This jury promised they would abide by the law and make a fair judgment based upon what was placed before them with those laws. They have done so, so far. There should be no reason to falter now unless they are allowing personal issues or sympathies (which they are not supposed to do) sway them away from their jury instructions. Are going back on their answers in the jury questionnaire or are "backing out". There is no reason to falter from what they have decided now and anything less then DP is faltering IMO. This case is very clear to me. MOO

I may look like a terrible person but I have no sympathies for those Jury members holding out becuase everything IS clear. If already convicted her for reasons that the DP is made for. MOO

ETA: To me it's not the time period or how fast they are deciding. It's the fact that they marched into that court room and said Whelp, we are hung. That is what boggles my mind. They had to be told to get back into the Jury room and please make a decision. If they took two months to decide on the Death Penalty I wouldn't care.

:therethere: I'm holding your hand Chelly!
They have to live with their decision and are taking it very seriously is all IMO.
Either way CMJA dies alone in prison.

Anyone ever heard of Marcia Powell? I was looking up Perryville Prison and this Wikipedia link came up and there's a mention of her at the bottom of the story.

I don't think the killer has a clue how bad the rest of it's life is going to be, regardless of whether it gets LWOP or DP.

I hope this link is okay and not too OT. If so, I'll delete it. There are no images, just description.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_State_Prison_Complex_–_Perryville

Turn that crap off - it will rot your brain!

Originally Posted by Tipstaff
In a 6 hour period how many times does HLN scream BREAKING NEWS?

Commercials are beginning to be a relief from the BREAKING NEWS JURY STILL IN DELIBERATION!

Hear, hear!! I got the link late last night. It was my first encounter with HLN. I lasted 15 minutes. They had some audience in a 'jury box' and they polled them for a verdict. Those polled had to hold up little flags. I thought it was disrespectful and made light of what is a very serious situation. Did not like.

Mine's in the next room, too; I call it doing my Websleuths Aerobics...computer/TV/computer/TV; yesterday I came around the corner so fast I ran into my bookcase and nearly fell over my computer chair. My husband calls this doing my "triple klutz."

:)

Haha....I do that just about everyday, several times a day except I'm usually running into doorknobs or ramming my knee into some furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV