Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipped from Twitter I hope and pray this is true:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

Can't you just see her going into that with all her little patronising self-improvement 'projects' for the other inmates? They would just love her. Not!

Wendi Adriano's murder wasn't even as bad as Arias's. If jury doesn't come back with DP then I think a juror or jurors purposely lied about DP to get on jury to hang it.

I agree and this has my stomach churning.

I had a feeling during guilt phase that at least one juror wanted to go with Murder 2 but negotiated her decision to M1 in exchange for the remaining jurors giving weight to Life instead of DP in penalty phase.

I'm praying for the death penalty, but have any of you searched the internet/YouTube for the prison she'll be in, no matter if verdict is life or death? Perryville is a god-awful place...seems they have a horrible roach problem, mold problem, and it's just unimaginable to any of us watching this trial. Oh...no A/C, either. Check out average temps for July in Goodyear, AZ. And in the "winter" (I'm from Michigan so hard for me to believe), but the inmates FREEZE. Not to mention the suicide rate, murder rate (yes, they kill each other). I think it's one of the 10 most dangerous prisons in the U.S. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, guys.

OK, I know I'm losing it but your post gave me the image of Jodi lining up COCKroaches and forcing them to listen to her sing. If they try to walk away...well you know what happens if Jodi doesn't get the attention she wants!

Sorry, I'll go back to lurking again.

Steeling myself. If the verdict is anything other than death....life or hung...I expect to see Jodi and JW hugging and high fiving with Nurmi. Jodi maybe flipping off the Alexander family. JW and Nurmi smirking at Juan. Mainly just a big grin on the face of the killer. :stormingmad:

in a criminal case, burden of proof is on the prosecution who has to prove that she is guilty. they did just that...over and beyond and then some..

other than that I agree with you. there were absolutely zero mitigating factors. in logical world, the defense failed on that.

Actually in the mitigattion phase the burden of proof is on the defense. It was stated by JSS in court. That is why defense went 1st and last with closing arguments in the mitigation phase. :moo:

No, but here's one I did for you:

phpC4D7.tmp.jpg

That's how I view her now.

She's an ugly person. Period. End of story. Always has been. Always will be.

Thank you for bringing an appropriate visual to life!

No it's not that cut 'n dried and it is subjective. A jury can choose to disregard all the proposed mitigating factors but they can come up with their own if they want. They do not have to put a felon to death. It's not an objective formula because if it was they wouldn't need 12 people to make the decision and they wouldn't need arguments for and against. So during voir dire a juror can honestly say they "could" vote for the DP if the state met it's burden blah blah blah, but no where in there is a promise they "will" absolutely vote for the DP.

The first question is to weed out those who will never ever sentence someone to death. But it doesn't mean they will. There's no pinky finger promise going on.

Chris Hughes said that the Alexanders will accept and respect this jury's decision, no matter what it is. I think the least we all can do is show the same amount of respect and not badmouth them. They've come back with 2 verdicts already.... most importantly First Degree Murder and we were all praising them and showering them with love then. Now that they've deliberated longer than some think they should, backs are being turned on them. I don't get it. Let's not forget, they sat in the courtroom for a month and a 1/2 longer than they were told the trial would last and were subjected to waiting for hours on end on some days and were told they couldn't proceed on some days, all with no explanation. I feel for them. If they need 2 weeks to come to a decision, that's ok with me. Whatever happens, happens. :twocents:

ok, i know i'm losing it but your post gave me the image of jodi lining up cockroaches and forcing them to listen to her sing. If they try to walk away...well you know what happens if jodi doesn't get the attention she wants!

Sorry, i'll go back to lurking again.

Stay!!!

HLN believe the juror that looks like JA's mother is the hold up......

on and on and on

JC now drumming up suspicion about juror body language seen in the cafeteria today.
She is a piece of work. No news so invent something.

When I hear people say that she "she slit his throat," I cringe... slitting his throat is an understatement... she freaking chased him down as he was dying and darn near sawed his head off. How I took the ME's testimony, is that she had to work at it with strength to accomplish the type of neck injury Travis was left with. That is one of the major sticking points with me in wanting her to get the DP. It takes a very, very savage animal to do the things she did...

Such savagery is NOT acceptable...

I agree, a "slitting" of the throat implies a swift almost easy movement. She had to use a lot of force, which makes it all the more heinous.

I remember her mentioning something to Det. Flores about her back or shoulder having pain. I think it was shoulder, saying she was in constant pain. I thought at the time I heard that, it was due to the way she killed him, savagely. She put all her strength into the murder.

Jean telling another "defiant" juror story. She keeps talking about the one who looks like Jodi's mother having her arms crossed and looking mad. We could play a drinking game to how many times Jean says a juror looks defiant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966