Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A judge colluding with a prosecutor is illegal not to mention a mockery of our concept of justice and most definitely would get the verdict overturned asap.

I think the DT asked for the ban on interviews which is why it was granted. I don't think it would have been if it was JM that requested it.

Thank you for the explanation, and while I was being a bit facetious in my comments about Juan and JSS, the concept remains the same. Maybe Juan and JSS separately, both decided to let her continue on with her interviews in hopes that she would hang herself. After all, Juan knew that she was tweeting throughout the proceedings and never tried to stop it. I'm sure that he was hoping to use it to his favor in the long run. That was kinda what I was eluding to. But thanks again for your input.

Classic Jodi trick .. Jodi gets caught in lie, Jodi makes up long winded story which involves at least one or two people come off as either A) totally in love, need of her or B) worth judging, or somehow lacking .. story ends with Jodi swooping in like magnanimous saint ..

This is how Jodi moves from Liar to Highly Evolved Superior Being no matter what she has done. She thinks it works, I'm hanging out for someone to call her on it in real time.

I know, right? It's just unicorns, rainbows and Einstein in Jodiland. What time would one have for reality, anyway? What with spearheading the PR campaign, managing the Defence and revolutionising the Arizona State prison system, there just isn't scope for sitting down and facing hard facts. Taking responsibility, showing remorse and behaving with dignity is, apparently, only for lesser mortals. Jeez ...:facepalm:

Jodi has learnt nothing from her own experience, has she, that compulsion to talk, oh, to explain, (if only peanuts like us, as well as the jury would Listen! .Then we would Understand Everything), now she has to have the Last Word.
Cool as a cucumber, worrying about lip gloss and stripped pants, whilst a jury of her peers attempts to assess if she lives or dies...
Warmly assuring us that she is feeling surrounded by love and support, (oh, thank goodness!), but she cannot even bring herself to make a credible attempt at any apology. (We get it Jodi, we really do, no one is expecting your apology to actually undo anything.No. With your incredibly high IQ, competent legal team, and loving family and supporters, why don't you get it about the apology?)
Having had a not very good day, and having watched the three interviews, is the allocution worth a watch, or should I save myself?
(To the poster who mentioned the impatient "Large Marge" in the last thread, thank you for making my day. I would have thanked you then and there, but I had to get a cloth to clean up the mouthful of tea I "laughed" onto the desk!)

omg- she thinks she did not get a fair trial due to the circus atmosphere?

She did everything to create that atmosphere- right down to the red nose !

BBM
Priceless! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Is it just me or does Jodi have a mustache?

I didn't notice a mustache (I'll look harder on the next interview I watch) but, I DID see she is sporting another COLD SORE. This is getting to her way more than she's willing to admit.

Someone on the last thread said they hoped the AZ taxpayers paid for the cheapest makeup available. I thought they should have gone to Home Depot and bought her some SPACKLE and a magic marker and called it a day.:floorlaugh:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...to-abc15-as-jury-deliberates-on-death-penalty

I think the lady on ABC15 did a pretty good job....CMJA is definately different with women. She knows we've got her figure out. Striking how much more nervous she seems in this interview than with Hayden or that other guy, 'cause she knows she can't sweet-talk her way out of it....

Oh Lord, ANOTHER one? lol! Now I have to watch this one too. Thank you for the link and :banghead: to you for supplying the drug to my sick addiction. lol

Hln running in background, very interesting to see / hear her in top form in the very beginning of her statement. She has given up the dramatics completely by the end... possibly was not getting positive reaction she was expecting from the jury....so frustrating.

BTW magical thinking does not work... Have been thinking of buying new car for months. wrote out budget, accepted sacrifices, planned future expense gas, mileage parts, decided to keep current car as 2nd car, then decided it was a better value to sell car and use money to pay down loan... and then the auto door locks stopped working on current car today all Christine like.

Good night fellow sleuthers! Interesting days ahead I'm sure!

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this before but while CMja was doing her allocution she mentions her family... mom, dad, her younger brothers and sisters but never mentioned her older half sister. I wonder why?

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this before but while CMja was doing her allocution she mentions her family... mom, dad, her younger brothers and sisters but never mentioned her older half sister. I wonder why?

That brother Carl she was inseparable with never showed up in court, has he?

Another jodi interview on Dateline at 12:37 CA channel 7. More of the same flat, non remorseful, what I'm a gonna do in prison BS.

I still can't visualize her butchering poor Travis and dragging him across the floor with his head practically hanging off. It is so horrific it's hard to even imagine the horror of that night and everything that took place. What that poor man went through.

I wonder when the movie will come out and who Jodi will choose to portray her? It is the worst horror story. Sad part is its true. Why if he was so abusive and brought out the worst did she go back to him? I think she made a last ditch effort for him to take her to cancun. She thought by having sex with him that night he would take her instead of Mimi that's when she went berserk on him. She had her plan in place if the answer was NO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm pretty sure he did ONCE. It was kinda weird because that was the day all of CMja's nasty bits pics were all over the jumbotron LOL He picked a heck of day to attend :blushing:

I know about the proposition i voted against the 3 strikes law. I personally have a friend who's son has been in prison for 2 violent felonies because he held up an empty beer bottle as a threat to rob drugs from a pharmacy. He got paroled out of prison and now arrested for doing it again (violent) felony since he held up a beer bottle. He's never hurt anyone and now he's facing 25 to life only 25 years old and graduated HS with almost 4.0 GPA but became a drug addict when he joined a fraternity. It's a very sad situation.

How horrible. I also voted against the 3 strikes law and then yes to amend. I don't like taking the sentencing out of the hands of Judges and most certainly don't like legislating criminal sentencing at the ballot box.

I think this nation has seriously gotten the wrong end of the stick it when it comes to dealing with crime. There must be reason why we have 25% of the world's known prison population and yet are a whole lot unsafer than comparable countries.

Unlike many here, I hoping she gets LWOP. Either way there won't be the interviews there are now. She will just fade away, like all the other killers.
.. For perspective on what may happen, we turned to Barrett Marson, a former spokesman for the Arizona Department of Corrections.
If the jury decides Arias should spend her life in prison, conditions could be pretty similar to death row, says Marson. At least for the first few years.

"She eventually can earn her way down to a medium security dorm room setting. But for her first years in prison, she's going to have to earn that, she's going to have to have good behavior to move down custody levels."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22380751/2013/05/21/life-on-death-row
BBM

Another jodi interview on Dateline at 12:37 CA channel 7. More of the same flat, non remorseful, what I'm a gonna do in prison BS.

I still can't visualize her butchering poor Travis and dragging him across the floor with his head practically hanging off. It is so horrific it's hard to even imagine the horror of that night and everything that took place. What that poor man went through.

I wonder when the movie will come out and who Jodi will choose to portray her? It is the worst horror story. Sad part is its true. Why if he was so abusive and brought out the worst did she go back to him? I think she made a last ditch effort for him to take her to cancun. She thought by having sex with him that night he would take her instead of Mimi that's when she went berserk on him. She had her plan in place if the answer was NO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whiteorchids, do you have a link for that? TIA.

Hasn't it sunk in yet for Jodi that not only did she brutally killed Travis but also: stole her grandparent's gun and tried to go under the radar for 1000's of mile to do it?

I don't think so. She is in an alternate reality™.

Yes!! It's like she forgets that the jury knows! The reporters know, her attorneys know, her family knows, everyone knows. Her lies aren't flypaper, we arent trapped! I wish someone maybe her cousin would tell her we know! Take off the kid gloves and slap her back to reality!!

Nite nite :angel2:

HA HA at this Michael Kiefer character. He wasn't asking her questions so much as trying to ingratiate himself to her. "I totally heard you say sorry, I heard it, so my question is, and know that I definitely heard you say sorry, am I right in saying I heard that? Because I am but please answer with one yes for yes or two yes' for no."

I think HLN and a lot of the hullabaloo surrounding this trial IS overblown, but fighting journalistic partiality with the same is about as boneheaded as it gets.

Ah yes, forgiveness. Did CMja forgive Travis for dumping her like the trash she now wants to sift through with her new neighbours?

"I'm not asking you don't sentence me to death for myyself, but please do it for my family" Did CMja give her family a second thought when she premeditated Travis' death? Did she consider the pain it would cause the Alexanders?

DP is too good for CMja, I could sugggest some less expensive ways to get rid of her biut I would get a TO for them all.

JMO
Out of the whole family, the father is who I feel the worst for. He seemed most genunine in the LE interview, and I sensed his frustration with having to raise Jodi and then realized she just got into serious trouble of the worst kind. I sense he did the best he could with her.

Based on the actions in the courtroom and outside the courtroom of the other family members, well.....lets just say I have not seen them display proper etiquette and I dont think they showed the Alexander famlly any respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV