Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about her whole allocution....everyone (TH's) saying she had to beg for her life, etc....wellll, I didn't see a whole lot of begging. I have a theory about this...she doesn't want to admit that the jury is in control of her. She will not give them the power by begging them. Oh no, donchasee she's above them?? She's not gonna stoop to that level.

Yes!! It's like she forgets that the jury knows! The reporters know, her attorneys know, her family knows, everyone knows. Her lies aren't flypaper, we arent trapped! I wish someone maybe her cousin would tell her we know! Take off the kid gloves and slap her back to reality!!

Nite nite :angel2:

She's still got an appeal. She wont stray from the domestic violence angle. It's been said before, but its really the best story she'll ever have.

HA HA at this Michael Kiefer character. He wasn't asking her questions so much as trying to ingratiate himself to her. "I totally heard you say sorry, I heard it, so my question is, and know that I definitely heard you say sorry, am I right in saying I heard that? Because I am but please answer with one yes for yes or two yes' for no."

I think HLN and a lot of the hullabaloo surrounding this trial IS overblown, but fighting journalistic partiality with the same is about as boneheaded as it gets.

Do you happen to have a link to his interview with her? I haven't seen that one yet. Lord help me. lol:banghead:

Does anyone here actually know the number of times that Travis and Jodi hooked up after June 2007?

I was glad that JM didn't spend a lot of time on a lot of unnecessary details, but I have always wondered how often TA actually did hook up with her. Given what we actually know I always assumed it was infrequent; especially since the DT didn't have a graphic showing the dozens and dozens of times they hooked after the breakup.

Jodi has learnt nothing from her own experience, has she, that compulsion to talk, oh, to explain, (if only peanuts like us, as well as the jury would Listen! .Then we would Understand Everything), now she has to have the Last Word.
Cool as a cucumber, worrying about lip gloss and stripped pants, whilst a jury of her peers attempts to assess if she lives or dies...
Warmly assuring us that she is feeling surrounded by love and support, (oh, thank goodness!), but she cannot even bring herself to make a credible attempt at any apology. (We get it Jodi, we really do, no one is expecting your apology to actually undo anything.No. With your incredibly high IQ, competent legal team, and loving family and supporters, why don't you get it about the apology?)
Having had a not very good day, and having watched the three interviews, is the allocution worth a watch, or should I save myself?
(To the poster who mentioned the impatient "Large Marge" in the last thread, thank you for making my day. I would have thanked you then and there, but I had to get a cloth to clean up the mouthful of tea I "laughed" onto the desk!)

What really bugs me is that she talks about Travis as if they were friends since childhood. She acts as if she knew him better than anyone, including his brothers and sisters. It wouldn't surprise me that in the future she starts to believe he wanted to marry her. I didn't watch any of her speeches today. I'll probably catch bits and pieces over the next few days but I don't think I have the strength to watch the entire thing. It won't be long now that she is out of our lives.

I hate to sound negative. But I just don't have a lot of hope that JA will get DP. It takes only one juror to have a little bit of doubt. It's easy for us to sit here and say "Die already!". But once you're in that seat being given the power to take a life, it's a completely different mental state. I watched HLN tonight and the jurors were asked to decide on DP and there were four of them choosing "NO" despite the fact that they thought the crime was heinous. Some of them flat out didn't believe in DP while a couple of them were just feeling uncomfortable with a "yes". They were not even real jurors. I can imagine how much pressure the real jury will be under. And remember, it takes only one "no" to keep her alive.

I have always said that JSS was bending over and backwards for JA since the trial began. But I do hope that she will get fed up with JA and will finally act like a judge and to show JA who the real boss is. If the jury decides life JSS can say without parole. If the sentence is DP I will say hallelujah. If it's life without parole I am okay with that too. Just lock her up and throw away the key, ban all make up and interviews, that should be enough to do her in.

Be good to you. Your labor of love here is about done. :)

I'm taking a trial break for awhile and getting back in to my life. I do think PASA will be attending that trial some...it's Juan Martinez right?

OK...........Troy was good and I saw a bit of uneasiness from the murderer, aka CMja, aka #2013. 2 thumbs up for him and let's hear something about the whole "deal".
Mark Curtis sold his soul to the devil, along with Kweefer/Kiefer whatever his name is a long time ago...and I couldn't get the videos to line up in order.....so ixnay on odijay. When it comes out on Youtube or some other "controlled stream" maybe I'll watch, but all 3 of them together want to make me wretch....(sorry, didn't go advanced!)
The ABC tape? Ah, come on, people! The only woman doing an interview and they want to give it to us TOMORROW? Feed it to us piece meal? Guess I'll wait for the "complete interview".
Other than props to Troy,.... "Welcome to Jodiworld", nothing new, just more debasing, de-edifying, etc., etc., ad nauseum.
CMja really needs to see a doc about that "sore". Looks highly contagious. JMO.
Guess 5 years in the pokie hasn't done anything to help her find "perspective". I think one would need a conscience and a soul to do that. Again, JMO.
I believe if CMja said the words "I'm Sorry", "Travis Alexander", "Murder" all in one sentence, she would internally combust before our eyes.......I would almost PAY to see that.

I hope this chapter will be completed for the Alexanders very quickly. If they decide to talk or not, it's THEIR call. I have seen nothing but incredible grace, courage, and determination on their part. I hope they decompress, can truly grieve, and the media leaves them alone. They have had to follow everyone else's "rules", and now is their time to set the bar, do what they want and need to do.
I hope they take it slow, and be good to themselves.

Won't it be grand when CMja packs up her "circus" and moves on to Perryville? Out of site, out of mind.

Amy Murphy's interview takes the prize for the worst interview to date. Jodi took all her "hard-hitting" questions and swatted them away with her verbal flyswatter, her lying lips.

Regarding the images of Travis in death (paraphrased):

"I think I suppress it. I have nightmares. I've been told I cry and scream in my sleep."

Regarding being the most hated woman in America:

"I feel love and supported. I've had an outpouring of support from people who believe me
."

This reminded me of OJ, when asked something similar. His answer was all about how everyone he met was so supportive and everyone just loves him.

What really bugs me is that she talks about Travis as if they were friends since childhood. She acts as if she knew him better than anyone, including his brothers and sisters. It wouldn't surprise me that in the future she starts to believe he wanted to marry her. I didn't watch any of her speeches today. I'll probably catch bits and pieces over the next few days but I don't think I have the strength to watch the entire thing. It won't be long now that she is out of our lives.

She DOES believe that. While on the stand she said her and Travis discussed marriage, kind of off handed but later, he asked her to marry him over the phone :floorlaugh: Who does that?

Yet he slanders Juan Martinez and publishes utter fabrications as fact. Why would an out of towner who's being "threatened" waltz in to the most media populated hotel when she's there from out of town and NOT staying at that hotel, to dine? The very week HE claims she's being "harassed"? She must have gotten over that ER visit, anxiety, PTSD and chest pain over the "harassment" very quickly to put herself in that situation.

Notice how he refers to Willmott as "Jen" in the interview with JA. Not "your attorney" or "Ms. Willmott" or even "Jennifer" but "Jen".

And I don't for one second think that interview with Brewer wasn't carefully orchestrated and choreographed way before it happened.

Interview with Brewer was totally orchestrated... The more it all rolled out today it became evident that the last week (even trial) has been orchestrated and scripted... But in the last few days there have been common messages being spoken by Brewer, JA, and JW....

There were more, but off the top of my head, two points are what a hard worker JA is and also the point that JA said that "she wouldn't even hurt a spider, she catches them in cups and puts them outside" I guess her dog wasn't so lucky) ...but the "spider" script was one that "MM" used in his message to the JA support website...which I have suspected wasn't written by MM...so when I heard Jodi say it again today a red flag went up..

Her bully control freak tendancies are unbelievable... No wonder her attorneys want to run... They are so sick of being bossed around by an uneducated narcissistic, murderer who's stupid advise has gotten her almost all the way to death row and she still hasn't gotten the clue that she better start listening to her attorneys if she wants any chance at all at living...

And the interviews tonight...OMG...when the reporter from abc 15 told her that she was the most hated woman in America and she pretended like she had no clue and said "none of that reaches her, only the people who love and support her" it was so obvious what her intentions are... Such a control tactic... She thinks by saying that, that it takes the power away from the millions of people who think that...

She is like a stubborn little, tunnel vision, child... It must really bother her that we all hate her so much...

No wonder Travis had, had it with her... I don't care who you are, even Mother Teresa would have lost her cool with Jodi... She does it on purpose so she has something to hold against you...

Even the nicest, most gentle dog will snip at someone if you keep tormenting it... And that's what happend to T-Dogg!

I didn't notice a mustache (I'll look harder on the next interview I watch) but, I DID see she is sporting another COLD SORE. This is getting to her way more than she's willing to admit.

Someone on the last thread said they hoped the AZ taxpayers paid for the cheapest makeup available. I thought they should have gone to Home Depot and bought her some SPACKLE and a magic marker and called it a day.:floorlaugh:

I hope whoever bought the make up found the cheapest brand guaranteed to cause her face to break out in bright red splotches, just in time to hear her sentence.

I hate to sound negative. But I just don't have a lot of hope that JA will get DP. It takes only one juror to have a little bit of doubt. It's easy for us to sit here and say "Die already!". But once you're in that seat being given the power to take a life, it's a completely different mental state. I watched HLN tonight and the jurors were asked to decide on DP and there were four of them choosing "NO" despite the fact that they thought the crime was heinous. Some of them flat out didn't believe in DP while a couple were just feeling uncomfortable with a "yes". They were not even real jurors. I can imagine how much pressure the real jury will be under. And remember, it takes only one "no" to keep her alive.

I have always said that JSS was bending over and backwards for JA since the trial began. But I do hope that she will get fed up with JA's and will finally act like a judge and to show JA who the real boss is. If the jury decides life JSS can say without parole. If the sentence is DP I will say hallelujah. If it's life without parole I am okay with that too. Just lock her up and throw away the key, ban all make up and interviews, that should be enough to do her in.

Your 1st mistake was watching HLN for anything credible. The jurors on CMJA's case are Death penalty certified. I know that that alone doesn't mean that they will choose death for her, but they are certainly more qualified than these fools on tv because they have invested their lives and time to this case. LWOP parole is way too good for Jodi Arias. I don't think that she should EVER have access to other people because all she needs is ONE person to manipulate and control for her to be happy. Notice how every single thing that she pointed out in her allocution was something that she could lead or be in control of. That is what she wants. She still thinks that she is gonna have this great life leading all of these people who are beneath her, to a better existence. That is all that she needs. She needs to be locked up 23/24. Otherwise, she gets a whole new following. Nope. Death, all day every day.

OK...........Troy was good and I saw a bit of uneasiness from the murderer, aka CMja, aka #2013. 2 thumbs up for him and let's hear something about the whole "deal".
Mark Curtis sold his soul to the devil, along with Kweefer/Kiefer whatever his name is a long time ago...and I couldn't get the videos to line up in order.....so ixnay on odijay. When it comes out on Youtube or some other "controlled stream" maybe I'll watch, but all 3 of them together want to make me wretch....(sorry, didn't go advanced!)
The ABC tape? Ah, come on, people! The only woman doing an interview and they want to give it to us TOMORROW? Feed it to us piece meal? Guess I'll wait for the "complete interview".
Other than props to Troy,.... "Welcome to Jodiworld", nothing new, just more debasing, de-edifying, etc., etc., ad nauseum.
CMja really needs to see a doc about that "sore". Looks highly contagious. JMO.
Guess 5 years in the pokie hasn't done anything to help her find "perspective". I think one would need a conscience and a soul to do that. Again, JMO.
I believe if CMja said the words "I'm Sorry", "Travis Alexander", "Murder" all in one sentence, she would internally combust before our eyes.......I would almost PAY to see that.

I hope this chapter will be completed for the Alexanders very quickly. If they decide to talk or not, it's THEIR call. I have seen nothing but incredible grace, courage, and determination on their part. I hope they decompress, can truly grieve, and the media leaves them alone. They have had to follow everyone else's "rules", and now is their time to set the bar, do what they want and need to do.
I hope they take it slow, and be good to themselves.

Won't it be grand when CMja packs up her "circus" and moves on to Perryville? Out of site, out of mind.

Yes, and if they do give interviews I hope no one asks them the "since you're religious do you believe in the death penalty? Or, would Travis have watned Jodi put to death" a la Dr Drew and his cohorts on his show. Leave the poor family alone...who r they to judge whatever it is that the Alexanders want or don't want? And besides this is about the law in the State of Arizona. Why don't they take their death penalty views and put them where they belong...like the East Coast.

I hate to sound negative. But I just don't have a lot of hope that JA will get DP. It takes only one juror to have a little bit of doubt. It's easy for us to sit here and say "Die already!". But once you're in that seat being given the power to take a life, it's a completely different mental state. I watched HLN tonight and the jurors were asked to decide on DP and there were four of them choosing "NO" despite the fact that they thought the crime was heinous. Some of them flat out didn't believe in DP while a couple of them were just feeling uncomfortable with a "yes". They were not even real jurors. I can imagine how much pressure the real jury will be under. And remember, it takes only one "no" to keep her alive.

I have always said that JSS was bending over and backwards for JA since the trial began. But I do hope that she will get fed up with JA and will finally act like a judge and to show JA who the real boss is. If the jury decides life JSS can say without parole. If the sentence is DP I will say hallelujah. If it's life without parole I am okay with that too. Just lock her up and throw away the key, ban all make up and interviews, that should be enough to do her in.

I know it would be difficult, but all these jurors where screened beforehand as being ones who would hand down a DP verdict...

They were questioned very carefully since it's a DP case... So all the jurors that were chosen had to be capable of handing down the DP....though, I agree...I worry too... But then I keep reminding myself of this...

She's still got an appeal. She wont stray from the domestic violence angle. It's been said before, but its really the best story she'll ever have.

I have a feeling that she might go with a mental disorder, but she'll make it more serious than what it is, she went into a rage and then into the fog. Only time will tell but at least we won't hear about her for a couple of years. She's in shock that a jury found her guilty. She should have never said that. Narcissism put her behind bars.

Your 1st mistake was watching HLN for anything credible. The jurors on CMJA's case are Death penalty certified. I know that that alone doesn't mean that they will choose death for her, but they are certainly more qualified than these fools on tv because they have invested their lives and time to this case. LWOP parole is way too good for Jodi Arias. I don't think that she should EVER have access to other people because all she needs is ONE person to manipulate and control for her to be happy. Notice how every single thing that she pointed out in her allocution was something that she could lead or be in control of. That is what she wants. She still thinks that she is gonna have this great life leading all of these people who are beneath her, to a better existence. That is all that she needs. She needs to be locked up 23/24. Otherwise, she gets a whole new following. Nope. Death, all day every day.

I TOTALLY AGREE w/ everything you said. When she was droning on about how she could make a "positive contribution" in prison, how there are groups and ways to get involved, how there are other women and she can help them....the whole time I was thinking, yep, check note to self: do not put Jodi in general population prison. I'm wondering if any of the jurors thought the same thought? Exactly the moment she was "begging" for life in prison, I was thinking all the reasons she's saying is all the MORE REASON to give her death and put her on death row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV