Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or what, because I"m confused as to how an appeals board can possibly know the breadth of a case that was 5 months long? I mean, the jurors have been there day in and day out, they have seen Jodi up close and looked at her and listened to her. So IMO you're right, it would have to be some legal technicality, but even then how can they know the context? For example, if Jodi tries to say the witnesses were threatened....how can the appeals board know Jodi's manipulative ways, and that it could have been Jodi orchestrating these supposed death threats with her "friend" felon Donovan? I'm not understanding how an appeals board can get all of that information? I guess I should ask on the lawyer thread. And as for "ineffective counsel," I mean, is it really ineffective if they're forced to do what Jodi says, and what Jodi says is stupid and dumb? How is that ineffective counsel and how would the appeals board know that context?

Everything that happens inside the walls of the court, or during legal proceedings is documented. A mini trial of sorts would be held to address the item or items in question. From there, if found in the favour of the defendant, then a panel of judges would assess the amount of damage that would have caused to the trial overall. If it was enough to alter the outcome of the trial in the state's favour then a retrial would be ordered. If not, then it would be dismissed on mistrial merits. I hope that clarifies it in a nutshell version.

I know that this question has probably been asked on WS before, but I'm gonna ask it again now. Knowing what we all know about Jodi Arias and her crime, and aside from child molesters and serial killers, if she isn't worthy of the death penalty, then who in the hell is? I always come back to that question.

BBM~~

Nobody, IMO.

"I can't say what I deserve, because it sounds so entitled and that's not really my attitude." :dramaqueen:
- The Convicted Killer

Well doesn't jodi look radiant in those interviews.

Just watched the Troy hayden one (will catch up on the others later)

She literally had to be forced to say im sorry urgh. And she supposedly conveyed remorse in that allocution? ! I can't be the only one that failed to pick up on that.

When she was yacking on about DV and those tshirts I wish he would have asked her something like "the jury clearly didn't believe that Travis ever abused you, so why did you waste their time by rolling out some tshirt a five year old could have designed better" :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Flinders HLN is a commercial network therefore money comes from advertising revenue. Arizona tax payers pay for the trial, pay prosecution and defence lawyers (and experts) in this case.

Thank you Mrs but how do we stop this happening in Australia? We have a child court process re. Daniel Morcombe and I don't want some commercial TV station talking about this act of child crime. Ok next case is Allison Baden-Clay.

I do not ever want to hear anything before her family or her Daughters it will be explained at a later time and not by MSM.

Commercial networks are not for the victims and thank goodness we don't have them here. Yet,

So rev. From this goes to Az. OMG

Gauntlet are you around? Can you pm me I have to ask you something :innocent:

Don't pretend you are actually doing some work, come out of hiding right now :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I have something to ACTUALLY be dramatic about. :facepalm:
(Other than my parents never took ME to Hawaii!) :tantrum:

I just realized we have an appointment tomorrow. :dramaqueen:
I will be leaving shortly after court starts (if it starts on time at all.) :facepalm:

I swear, if they zap her and I don't get to see it... I'm going to flip! :eek:verreaction:

I wonder if Jodi knows who Diane Downs is and has seen a picture of what she looks like after spending 29 yrs in prison. She'll be eligible for parole again in 2020 when she's 65 yrs old. The gun she used was never found either.

Good night good people, see you sometime tomorrow, God and schnauzers permitting.

I wonder if Jodi knows who Diane Downs is and has seen a picture of what she looks like after spending 29 yrs in prison. She'll be eligible for parole again in 2020 when she's 65 yrs old. The gun she used was never found either.

I know that it has been said before, but Jodi really does remind me a lot of Diane Downs. I know that the crimes are totally different, but Diane was considered pretty and charismatic for her day, not to mention that she also loved the media. She acted strange in court as well, (Jodi's coloring and erasing) and she never really fessed up to her crime even after overwhelming evidence, including her own daughter testifying against her. I think that these types of women just are what they are. And while I won't say that Jodi is an anomaly, she isn't the status quo. Us normal people (and I say that with a giggle cuz I'm a lil nuts myself: proof, this forum) can't understand why and how they operate. But they are the exception and not the rule, in society, and that is why they are fascinating to us. And please don't tell me otherwise because I have a young, very attractive son growing up in this phucked up world, and my poor old heart couldn't take it. lol But I will add, that if my son had a stalker, she would get as far as his front yard before I would be on the 10 o'clock news, cuz if she picks this family, then she chose poorly. No joke. I'm from Kentucky, so my reputation proceeds me.

Good morning! (Well not a good morning for me-who the heck gets a cold at the end of May?)

I saw in my FB feed one of her interviews posted. I just cannot watch it. How ever many interviews she does not one reporter will ask any tough questions. It's the Arias show.

Hope they come back quick with the DP today. Just want her to shut up. I am assuming no more interviews after the jury decision. And why does the jail even grant the prisoner ANY interviews in the jail. Ever hear of the word NO???

I just woke up, decided to watch the abc15 interview since it was the one most recently linked - haven't been through both threads yet, so I'm going in blind, y'all.

I'm two minutes into the second part of it. Some things that stood out:

- when the reporter asked her why she was recording Travis without his knowledge, and she bowed up and insisted that he knew, and that he had wanted it, but that wasn't allowed into evidence even though he allegedly said this on tape. My inner lie detector just about malfunctioned due to the b.s.

- her lazy eye isn't as lazy when she gets ticked off. Watch and see if you catch that, too.

- she thinks she's a DV heroine, and will never, ever stop trashing Travis or his family and friends, as long as she is alive.

- I don't know if there is enough coffee in the universe for me to make it through the rest of this interview.

- Nice lip gloss, girlie. If I were the "make-up artist" that had to tend to her, I would have given her KY.

Lord have mercy, she brings out the worst in me! I'm a nice person, really, I am! But there is nothing, zero, zilch, nada, that I can say or feel about this... person... that is even a tiny bit positive.

I agree with you completely Hatfield. Jodi's father was the first to speak about Jodi's mental issues as he went before her mother in the interrogation room. He acts appropriate in the court room. His face, holds a lot of emotion in my opinion. He seems like a kind but sad man who tried to provide for a family who has fallen around him. Even the business he created is failing becuase of Jodi. There has been absolutely nothing hinky in his behavior before her arrest like the mother (moo) and nothing since then.

I hope that his grandchildren bring him some kind of peace. I hope they turn out better then Jodi sans the problems her sister had. I don't beleive Jodi has genuine emotion even for her family. I've heard her talk about her Dad's illness like it's in his head. "He "thinks" he is going to die and has thought so for a long time and is still here". The man can't even be sick in peace. Nothing is sacred.

For Jodi's father I hope the same as I hope for the Alexander family. Jodi shuts up, the attention moves away from her and he can take the life he has left and find some kind of happiness with the family he has left.

He is on dialysis, end stage renal disease and appears jaundiced. He is a broken man.

I just woke up, decided to watch the abc15 interview since it was the one most recently linked - haven't been through both threads yet, so I'm going in blind, y'all.

I'm two minutes into the second part of it. Some things that stood out:

- when the reporter asked her why she was recording Travis without his knowledge, and she bowed up and insisted that he knew, and that he had wanted it, but that wasn't allowed into evidence even though he allegedly said this on tape. My inner lie detector just about malfunctioned due to the b.s.

- her lazy eye isn't as lazy when she gets ticked off. Watch and see if you catch that, too.

- she thinks she's a DV heroine, and will never, ever stop trashing Travis or his family and friends, as long as she is alive.

- I don't know if there is enough coffee in the universe for me to make it through the rest of this interview.

- Nice lip gloss, girlie. If I were the "make-up artist" that had to tend to her, I would have given her KY.

Lord have mercy, she brings out the worst in me! I'm a nice person, really, I am! But there is nothing, zero, zilch, nada, that I can say or feel about this... person... that is even a tiny bit positive.

Lol, I laugh at her lazy eye all the time. I know it's mean, but I can't stop looking at it. Sorry... Didn't mean to highjack your excellent post... Just had to lol at that. She's such an ugly freak. No offense to others with the same handicap.

As for CA, the Pinellas 12 wanted to be off for the summer. They didn't want to have to sit through the phases that would follow if they convicted that filthy *advertiser censored* CA of murder 1. Plus, I have heard, and I tend to agree that the prosecution didn't include enough lesser charges for them to find just incase. While I will always believe that 1st degree murder was proven to anyone to who had at least 1 active brain cell, maybe if lesser charges had been included, the outcome would have been different. Aside from that, this jury doesn't strike me as dense or in a hurry whatsoever. I have no idea what verdict they will render, but I DO know that they are absolutely nothing like the infamous Pinellas 12. LOL and I have no idea about ol Joe... He's in a league of his own apparently.

There were lesser includeds and other, optional charges: Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, Murder in the Second Degree, Manslaughter and Third Degree Felony Murder.

Those people just wanted to go home. They were sequestered and just wanted to go home. So it drives me crazy when people on here start screaming that the jury should be sequestered. The anthony jury were grounded. It was like a punishment. They could not withstand a penalty phase.

When speaking about crying she says with a smile: "I was almost convulsing...people commented on it"
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-interview-arias-speaks-out-to-abc15-as-jury-deliberates-on-death-penalty

Did anyone witness Jodi nearly convulsing so badly that people commented on it? In another video she claims "people" have given her an out pouring of support. In closing today Willmott claimed "people" in PPL loved when she showed up at events and of course that is not true, Clancy spoke up about that tonight.

I notice those like Jodi have imaginary people who do or say things that are impossible. I have one person in my life so much like Jodi and the same kind of behavior is a constant even though she has no friends becuase "people" do not want to be around her selfish behavior.

There were lesser includeds and other, optional charges: Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, Murder in the Second Degree, Manslaughter and Third Degree Felony Murder.

Those people just wanted to go home. They were sequestered and just wanted to go home. So it drives me crazy when people on here start screaming that the jury should be sequestered. The anthony jury were grounded. It was like a punishment. They could not withstand a penalty phase.

ITA and I said as much. That jury was lazy and ready to bounce. Didn't one of them have a cruise planned soon? They were ridiculous. Nurmi can argue all he wants about the jury being sequestered, and the dt not getting a fair trial, but at the end of the day, after 5 months, this jury did better with nights at home than all of Perry's donuts and pastries, cuz at least they reached the correct verdict once, I believe that they will reach the right one again. Death.

Thank you so much for compiling these. What is glaring to me is she believes she will prevail and be freed on appeal. Meanwhile she hopes to see her self as a leader , author, trailblazer, grandiose historical figure. She is delusional and evil. For the sake of Travis' family I just want her to be on lockdown 23 hours a day and to fade into obscurity as Scott Peterson has, never for her name to appear in media again.
I feel for Travis' family, deeply. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/21/dr-drew-reacts-jodis-statement-jury

When speaking about crying she says with a smile: "I was almost convulsing...people commented on it"
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-interview-arias-speaks-out-to-abc15-as-jury-deliberates-on-death-penalty

Did anyone witness Jodi nearly convulsing so badly that people commented on it? In another video she claims "people" have given her an out pouring of support. In closing today Willmott claimed "people" in PPL loved when she showed up at events and of course that is not true, Clancy spoke up about that tonight.

I notice those like Jodi have imaginary people who do or say things that are impossible. I have one person in my life so much like Jodi and the same kind of behavior is a constant even though she has no friends becuase "people" do not want to be around her selfish behavior.

While I'm sure it's true that Jodi gets a decent amount of "fan mail", I'm sure that the majority of it is hate mail. C'mon... Almost every single person that is interviewed HATES her... Are you gonna tell me that she has THAT many fans? No. JW spoke about the people in PPL based on what Jodi told her. Not facts. She had to have something! This jury isn't stupid. If Jodi was so great and so popular, why didn't anyone testify for her, including her own family? No. They aren't stupid. No one spoke up because there was no one. Period.

ITA and I said as much. That jury was lazy and ready to bounce. Didn't one of them have a cruise planned soon? They were ridiculous. Nurmi can argue all he wants about the jury being sequestered, and the dt not getting a fair trial, but at the end of the day, after 5 months, this jury did better with nights at home than all of Perry's donuts and pastries, cuz at least they reached the correct verdict once, I believe that they will reach the right one again. Death.

That is why I am not at all worried about the conviction being turned over on appeal. Even with the jury not being sequestered, they were asked, before each day, if they were watching the media. They said no. That will be good enough.

Also, any appeal court is going to look at the evidence and the evidence of premeditation is so overwhelming that, really, any jury would have come to the same conclusion. It is plain as day.

The DP verdict is what worries, but I'm not a lawyer so I might be wrong. You might get some bleeding heart judge decades from now who overturns the sentence, especially with all the weirdness that went on this phase. Hopefully, Juan's argument, the REAL reason Patti didn't show, is enough to combat the whole death threat nonsense. I can't believe Jodi was allowed to say that in her statement. It would be a shame. This judge did all the right things and gave Jodi a more than fair trial, right up to allowing a surrebuttal, which almost never happens. It was pointless anyway, since they agree with the BPD diagnosis now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugar4Mama