Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome:
Hello, I have been a member for quite awhile, but never posted just lurked. This case angers me soooo much. So many people could have done something to stop this evil man from hurting more children, but chose instead to protect their precious football program. Reading Victim 1's testimony had me in tears. It is amazing that so many people can turn a blind eye to a child being abused. I hope all involved are haunted for years for what they did or didn't do. Every time one person didn't act, they allowed another child to be abused. IMO, the victim count is much higher than 10.

:welcome4:

I can feel your emotions from your post. It's more than people who turned away and allowed these crimes against children to happen. I think when all is said and done it will show: Jerry had an entire University covering for him.
I too am sickened by this crime and all that surrounds it.

Ya know what gets me: once JS is sent to prison (and I believe with all of my heart he will be convicted), more than likely, given how high profile the case is and how dangerous it is to put a pedophile/child rapist in general population: he will get some degree of protection... some prisons even have sections and yards for inmates (child predators, ex-gang bangers, etc) that would end up harmed in general population. It is sad and very wrong that he will be afforded protection when his victims were given none.

BUT, the good thing is that he will be locked away in a controlled minimalistic hellish world and never again will he be allowed to prowl and take advantage of innocent children. He can sit in his little cell and rot.

Ya know what gets me: once JS is sent to prison (and I believe with all of my heart he will be convicted), more than likely, given how high profile the case is and how dangerous it is to put a pedophile/child rapist in general population: he will get some degree of protection... some prisons even have sections and yards for inmates (child predators, ex-gang bangers, etc) that would end up harmed in general population. It is sad and very wrong that he will be afforded protection when his victims were given none.

BUT, the good thing is that he will be locked away in a controlled minimalistic hellish world and never again will he be allowed to prowl and take advantage of innocent children. He can sit in his little cell and rot.

As far as I'm concerned, he could get a suspended sentence, so long as he can't molest children.

"Hope the prosecution puts on the preacher from his church that said he thought JS was a pedophile...."
I think the pastor had been asked a hypothetical question and avoided saying whether he thought Sandusky was guilty.

Back in December: "Asked after the service if Sandusky should be forgiven, even if the allegations against him are proved true, Zeiders said yes.

He quickly added that forgiving does not mean forgetting, nor that people should not be held accountable."
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-13/...oung-boys-abuse-charges-sexual-abuse?_s=PM:US
The story also says" "Some churchgoers said they were still in a state of shock about the accusations against Sandusky, which he has denied, and some said the charges don't jibe with the Sandusky they know.

They seemed mixed on the question of whether the congregation would welcome Sandusky back." (The Sanduskys hadn't bee going to church since the charges were laid.)

It seems that at lest some of the congregation has solidified in Jerry's (or Dottie's) favor. Probably a very divided congregation. I wouldn't want to be Pastor Zeider- he was planning to go to court with Sandusky in December, maybe he's there now.

As far as I'm concerned, he could get a suspended sentence, so long as he can't molest children.

No, I don't agree. A suspended sentence will be a victory for Sandusky. A suspended sentence is not justice for the victims whose minds were fractured and bodies violated. We have no idea of exactly how many young boys he raped. How many are now into drugs or have committed suicide? We'll never know.

Let Sandusky take his punishment "like a man."

I was just reading about the man in TX who killed a man who was molesting his daughter. Seems to be universally accepted that most parents would do the same thing (at least physically attack the offender).

I still don't understand why McQueary didn't help the little boy in the shower. He was a large MAN (28 years old). Obviously this wasn't his child so he didn't have the primal instinct to protect him. But I am pretty certain if I saw this happening (and I am a small woman) I would go into attack mode even if it wasn't my child. This still makes me unsettled. Very much.

He is certainly to be commended for telling the truth now. But I wonder how many kids would have been saved from this monster had he stopped. In my opinion only, calling his dad wasn't enough. The responsibility for any adult witness would have been to physically remove the child from the situation AND call police. Make sure JS did not have more contact with him that night.

No, I don't agree. A suspended sentence will be a victory for Sandusky. A suspended sentence is not justice for the victims whose minds were fractured and bodies violated. We have no idea of exactly how many young boys he raped. How many are now into drugs or have committed suicide? We'll never know.

Let Sandusky take his punishment "like a man."

For me, how much time Sandusky gets, his conditions in imprisonment, and anything like that, are secondary. I care about protecting the community, or at least that segment of it that he attacked.

It is ironic that this might have happened after 1998, even if there was no prosecution.

OK, but I noticed on the list of defense witnesses a psychologist and therapist are listed:

"Michael Gillum: psychologist

John Seasock: therapist who evaluated alleged victim No. 6 in 1998 and concluded Sandusky’s behavior was not that of pedophile."

What else could they testify to except their evaluations and opinions about Sandusky?

The other psychologist (I think her name is Chambers) did the same in 1998 and concluded JS was a pedophile, so she should be able to testify if they do for the defense.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/...itnesses-in-jerry-sandusky.html#storylink=cpy

As far as the preacher, I agree what he said about forgiveness, etc. would be opinion and possibly confidential also, but he stated he talked to JS everyday since the charges were filed altho he has not been back to attend church. He might have received a few interesting emails too, lol. JS and Dottie have attended his church for over 20 years so he could be a witness about how JS interacted with children at various services and events. IMO

http://www.christianpost.com/news/j...ormer-penn-state-coach-can-be-forgiven-64844/

Yeah about the pedophile thing-I have a friend whose BIL testified against a law enforcement officer (Chief of Police) of a small town for sexual abuse and child rape. BIL was 12 when he was assaulted and he was one of several. The perps doctors determined that he was NOT a pedophile, just that he was attracted to pre pubescent boys perhaps....oh and the victim could have potentially been mistaken for being older than he was at the time of the crime.

:banghead:

Chief was convicted, 15-life IIRC, but will never be technically be labeled a pedophile, "just" a sex offender.

Talk about splitting the proverbial hair.

Yeah about the pedophile thing-I have a friend whose BIL testified against a law enforcement officer (Chief of Police) of a small town for sexual abuse and child rape. BIL was 12 when he was assaulted and he was one of several. The perps doctors determined that he was NOT a pedophile, just that he was attracted to pre pubescent boys perhaps....oh and the victim could have potentially been mistaken for being older than he was at the time of the crime.

:banghead:

Chief was convicted, 15-life IIRC, but will never be technically be labeled a pedophile, "just" a sex offender.

Talk about splitting the proverbial hair.

We had a meteorologist here in Chattanooga who ran a science program for schoolchildren - his idea and the TV station thought it was great publicity for the station. He had kids paraded past him all day long. I went on field trips with my kids to this guy's science shows!

Then he got caught on the wrong side of town soliciting underage boys. He would buy them food at a restaurant and take them back to his house for God knows what. The boys trusted him because they had seen him on TV but somebody called the police and the guy got caught.

The whole thing was glossed over by the TV station he worked for and he left town quickly. The local news stations all covered for him and implied that he was gay but "confused" about the age of the boys. I don't recall if he ever spent one day in jail (he bailed out quickly). His "problem" was never described as being a pedophile even though the boys were around 14 years old.

People are in denial and they don't want to think about what happens to these children.

We had a meteorologist here in Chattanooga who ran a science program for schoolchildren - his idea and the TV station thought it was great publicity for the station. He had kids paraded past him all day long. I went on field trips with my kids to this guy's science shows!

Then he got caught on the wrong side of town soliciting underage boys. He would buy them food at a restaurant and take them back to his house for God knows what. The boys trusted him because they had seen him on TV but somebody called the police and the guy got caught.

The whole thing was glossed over by the TV station he worked for and he left town quickly. The local news stations all covered for him and implied that he was gay but "confused" about the age of the boys. I don't recall if he ever spent one day in jail (he bailed out quickly). His "problem" was never described as being a pedophile even though the boys were around 14 years old.

People are in denial and they don't want to think about what happens to these children.

Thank you for the story, Thought. These children are perceived as throwaways when it comes to this kind of systematic abuse, imo. That is why they are chosen-yes we get it Sandusky. There is no magic here. You picked the children you picked because they were vulnerable by circumstance and you thought that there was a fair trade here...they got to see cool games and you got to abuse them.

If the victim had been the son of the President of Penn state, no one would have turned a blind eye. I think that is.

In the BIL case I mentioned, he had gone to the chief because he was being sexually abused at home by his stepfather since he was 5. He decided he was ready to end it.

Step father received life.

Head shakin.

I would like for Jer to spend some time in prison for his crimes against children. IMO, pedo/child molesters are not 'curable'. If he gets to sit at home with an ankle bracelet he will still have access to the interwebs and look at the children on the school playground. JS needs to sit in a cell a cool his jets for a loooong time. But that's just me.

moo

wm

Good Morning All....
Putting JS in jail is a must for the victims in this case-IMO-Them going through the abuse-keeping the painful secret-the shame felt- the strenght to try & forget it even happened-telling their secret to soo many strangers and then the world-is a trauma I don't think these boys will ever get over-its something they will live with for the rest of their lives-its their very own hell!!
Putting JS in jail will give the victims a real chance to find some kinda of peace within themselves to try and have a normal life-they will realize they are strong and not weak the way JS made them feel in their younger days-he took away something every child deserves-their innocence for the rest of their lives-Do the same to JS!!!

MOOC

IS.... Jenkasauras.....victim 6 on the stand......fine young man...just graduated from bible college...moved to colorado....couldn't beleive he was with JS....js gave him a pair of JoPa's socks.

Investigator w/ PSU who devised plan to hide in bedroom at victim's home in '98 testified.

He felt there should be charges. no charges brought.....gricar's name was not mentioned

Investigator w/ PSU who devised plan to hide in bedroom at victim's home in '98 testified.

He felt there should be charges. no charges brought.....gricar's name was not mentioned

I notice to his name not mentioned!

From #304:

Stories like theirs point to why sexual abuse by teachers — or religious leaders or relatives, for that matter — is so especially damaging. As Mones said: “It’s counterintuitive, but sexual abuse emotionally binds the child closer to the person who has harmed him, setting him up for a life plagued by suspicion and confusion, because he will never be sure who he can really trust. And in my experience, this is by far the worst consequence of sexual abuse.” That’s one reason, he said, why those few victims who ever speak out at all tend to do so only after the abuser is dead or dying: telling the truth while the other person is still strong enough to deny it, or to blame the accuser, is just too terrifying.

These abusers have been LIONS for the prosecution to have the courage to tell the world face to face with JS what he did to them. Through the truth and tears there is healing and may they all receive the help they need to continue their healing.

The heck with helping the community, the community and school are the ones who covered up and allowed these horrors to continue...JS and they need to pay big in time in prison and recompense to these boys/men who were deemed 'throw-aways' and not worth consideration for their suffering.

IMO

The Sandusky Supporters

Each day of the Sandusky trial, a small cadre of family and friends huddle on the benches in the courtroom's right side, not far from Sandusky's defense table. It's usually just 6-10 people.

Considering the charges Sandusky faces, the seemingly endless parade of witnesses providing disturbing testimony against him and the appalling nature of his alleged acts, any support is more than one might expect.

Jerry Sandusky's wife, Dottie, and their adopted son aren't allowed in the courtroom because they are potential witnesses. So the rooting section is a handful of others, whoever is willing to sit with what is essentially the most scorned club in town.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...ndrome.html;_ylt=AkN.rSc4nq6XjcXrf7296aw5nYcB

:( Denial Much?

They met when the Sanduskys first moved to State College in 1969. Their children were the same age. She and Dottie became fast friends. Everyone grew up together. She came to find Jerry as generous, gregarious, caring, fun and loving.

There is nothing the deputy attorney general can say to change her mind.

"One of the things that make me feel like I do is in 1985, we had a little boy with Down syndrome," Porter said of Matt, one of her 14 children [nine natural, five adopted]. "Dottie and Jerry would take him over to their home. They were wonderful with him.

"… And my Matt just adores Jerry. You say to Matt, 'Who's the best?' and he says, 'Jerry!' "

I wonder if we are ever going to find out the real reason RG never brought charges against JS in 1998!
I mean- the investigator said they should have-There has to be a reason why???
Vinnie is fired up about that!!

As for the supporters-I think we see this all the time. It could be denial or it could be that they genuinely love him. Imagine the torture of that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx