Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be different at the college level. Amendola might be able to call other players that said it was common.

My PE teachers did go into the locker area and did check to make sure we showered. They were fully clothed at all times.

I think other people at the college must have seen him showering with children before.

We know he did that at his summer football camps because people have come forward, but most of the boys thought it was weird. It's not normal for grown men and boys to shower together. At least not in this country.

Megan Healey‏@MeganHealey

Victim 3 admits he was a badly behaved kid, was sent to group home. Never heard from #Sandusky again. "How could he just forget about me?"

~~~

Chris Otto‏@YDRChrisOtto

Judge John Cleland could give jurors an updated trial schedule at the end of the day http://www.ydr.com/state/ci_20855110 #Sandusky

This poor boy really believed JS loved him-thats all he wanted-was someone to love him-what a crushing moment for him when he realized JS never cared about him!!

I hope the defense starts today or Monday-Tomorrow we are traveling to NJ to see our new grandson!!I don't want to miss anything

Syra: Yes, I think Victim 3 was the most heartbreaking because he was so emotionally needy and Jerry took full advantage of that. I'm not surprised they saved him for last.

~~~

Onward State‏@OnwardState

Lunch recess is almost over, and we're heading back into the courtroom. Follow along with our live blog: http://onward.st/LEqII5 #Sandusky

I'm not going to be able to update much this afternoon; stupid work actually wants me to get some work done. :/

Accuser 3 said -- Sandusky made me feel I was part of a family. He gave me things I never had before. I didn't want to give it up. I loved him.
by WGAL 11:59 AM

The saddest quote of the day....this poor little boy who only needed to be truly loved was used, abused and excused by JS.

CNN Trial Sketches - Video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_sourc...#/video/crime/2012/06/14/cornell-sketches.cnn

~~~

John Meyer‏@JOHN4MEYER

Prosecution could rest today in #Sandusky trial. One alleged victim still to testify.

~~~

Trina Orlando‏@TrinaOrlando

Day 4 of #Sandusky ...two victims took stand this a-m. Third expected to testify this afternoon. Prosecution could rest.

~~~

#Sandusky trial was supposed to last three wks. Moving much quicker than expected.

~~~

Laura Nichols‏@LC_Nichols

I spoke with Victim 5 lawyer Kline, who said his client was very uncomfortable with the way #Sandusky was looking at him, diverted own eyes.

~~~

Only victim left is #9. He came forward after grand jury, told police he yelled upstairs during abuse, but Dottie #Sandusky never responded.

~~~

CNN Trial Sketches - Video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_sourc...#/video/crime/2012/06/14/cornell-sketches.cnn

~~~

John Meyer‏@JOHN4MEYER

Prosecution could rest today in #Sandusky trial. One alleged victim still to testify.

~~~

Day 4 of #Sandusky ...two victims took stand this a-m. Third expected to testify this afternoon. Prosecution could rest.

~~~

#Sandusky trial was supposed to last three wks. Moving much quicker than expected.

~~~

Laura Nichols‏@LC_Nichols

I spoke with Victim 5 lawyer Kline, who said his client was very uncomfortable with the way #Sandusky was looking at him, diverted own eyes.

~~~

Only victim left is #9. He came forward after grand jury, told police he yelled upstairs during abuse, but Dottie #Sandusky never responded.

~~~
:mad:

Syra: Look in the news archive. Jerry and Amendola invited the victims to dinner at Jerry's house! No one wanted to go, but police told the victims to go and try to find out what the Sanduskys wanted, and it was basically just to remind them of how much Jer' had been a friend and mentor (yeah right) and how much he loved them (shudder).

Of course, Amendola turned around and tried to use the dinner against the victims, saying they must not be that scared of Jerry or they wouldn't have shown up. :banghead:

Are you serious? Jer and his lawyer set that deal up? I remember the dinner, but don't remember realizing that Amendola was in on the deal.

Why wouldn't that be a form of witness tampering? Has there been any testimony about it?

Michael Sisak‏@cvmikesisak

About to resume at #Sandusky trial. Just a few more prosecution witnesses to go. 10 Sandusky supporters, lots of gray hair in family section

~~~

My note: This is getting confusing again - some people tweeting that "Victim 1" is going to testify, but someone else called him "Victim 9."

I'm not sure if one or both accusers are testifying this afternoon. We'll have to wait and see. Sorry for the confusion, but Twitter is kind of a big mess, LOL.

Are you serious? Jer and his lawyer set that deal up? I remember the dinner, but don't remember realizing that Amendola was in on the deal.

Why wouldn't that be a form of witness tampering? Has there been any testimony about it?

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Amendola may not have been in on it from the beginning, but he explained it away after the fact. And There were definitely allegations of witness tampering:

Alleged victim's lawyer raises questions:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/alleged_victims_lawyer_raises.html

Police had asked Victim Six to wear a hidden recording device to tape any conversation with Sandusky at the July dinner. But the man was too nervous. Instead, his lawyer said, he reported the conversation to police.

"When you look at the invitation, look at how it's couched, the timing of it, and look at what his attorney has attempted to make of it, I think there are some very serious questions raised," attorney Howard Janet said.

Janet wouldn't say if Sandusky talked about the police investigation during the dinner at his home.

Amendola said Victims Six and Two attended the get-together that included Sandusky's wife. "Dottie thought it was a pleasant evening among friends," he said.

Justine Andronici, an attorney for one of the alleged victims, took issue with that description.

"These statements play on the victims' worst fears: that if they stand up and tell the truth they will be called liars and victimized again," she said. "Perpetrators of sexual abuse also maintain manipulative, long-term contact with their victims for the very purpose of continuing to silence them." Janet, the lawyer representing Victim Six, called Amendola's description "grotesque."

*snip*

"Why was he arranging to meet with victims while under investigation? Was he trying to tamper with or improperly influence potential witnesses?" Janet asked in a statement released Friday.

"Was he trying to use the victims' attendance at dinner to discredit their accusations against him as part of a devious strategic plan of defense?" In discussing his legal strategy this week, Amendola said he plans to dispute claims made against Sandusky in each of the eight cases.

DaytonDailyNews.com‏@daytondailynews

Accuser: Sandusky forgot about me when I moved http://dlvr.it/1jrGRZ

~~~

Chad Pradelli‏@chadpradelli

victim 9 on stand next. expected to testify he was repeatedly raped and kept in the sandusky basement

~~~

Maybe the prosecution won't wrap up today after all — running 20 minutes late for restart of testimony in #Sandusky trial.

~~~

Ben Simmoneau‏@bensimmoneau

We are expecting testimony from alleged #Sandusky victim 9 this afternoon. His grand jury testimony painted a graphic story #cbsphilly

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Amendola may not have been in on it from the beginning, but he explained it away after the fact. And There were definitely allegations of witness tampering:

Alleged victim's lawyer raises questions:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/alleged_victims_lawyer_raises.html

Police had asked Victim Six to wear a hidden recording device to tape any conversation with Sandusky at the July dinner. But the man was too nervous. Instead, his lawyer said, he reported the conversation to police.

"When you look at the invitation, look at how it's couched, the timing of it, and look at what his attorney has attempted to make of it, I think there are some very serious questions raised," attorney Howard Janet said.

Janet wouldn't say if Sandusky talked about the police investigation during the dinner at his home.

Amendola said Victims Six and Two attended the get-together that included Sandusky's wife. "Dottie thought it was a pleasant evening among friends," he said.

Justine Andronici, an attorney for one of the alleged victims, took issue with that description.

"These statements play on the victims' worst fears: that if they stand up and tell the truth they will be called liars and victimized again," she said. "Perpetrators of sexual abuse also maintain manipulative, long-term contact with their victims for the very purpose of continuing to silence them." Janet, the lawyer representing Victim Six, called Amendola's description "grotesque."

*snip*

"Why was he arranging to meet with victims while under investigation? Was he trying to tamper with or improperly influence potential witnesses?" Janet asked in a statement released Friday.

"Was he trying to use the victims' attendance at dinner to discredit their accusations against him as part of a devious strategic plan of defense?" In discussing his legal strategy this week, Amendola said he plans to dispute claims made against Sandusky in each of the eight cases.

:maddening: Insanity. If I was those victims I would NEVER do that... I wonder how/why they decided to do that... very messed up! Makes me want to SCREAM!

Thanks Foxy for the link. Great comments and questions by the attorney:

• "When you look at the invitation, look at how it's couched, the timing of it, and look at what his attorney has attempted to make of it."

• "Why was he arranging to meet with victims while under investigation?"

• "Was he trying to tamper with or improperly influence potential witnesses?"

So good, in fact, I hope the jury gets to hear an answer!

#Sandusky rocking in chair as he waits for trial to resume. He's sitting left of legal asst. Attorneys and prosecutors gone again.

~~~

Ross Levitt‏@cnnross

Dottie #Sandusky has not been in court throughout the trial. This could mean that she will be a witness for the defense.

~~~

Amendola, Rominger (#Sandusky attys) and Fina (prosecutor) return. Rominger checking phone. McGettigan (lead prosecutor) in doorway.

~~~

Now Mrs. Cleland is here, a sure sign things are about to resume. More updates later. #sandusky #day4

~~~

:maddening: Insanity. If I was those victims I would NEVER do that... I wonder how/why they decided to do that... very messed up! Makes me want to SCREAM!

In earlier testimony V.6 said he called the police about it and they wanted him to go to see what it was about. He was too scared to wear a wire....

Ben Simmoneau‏@bensimmoneau

Prosecution in #Sandusky trial will almost assuredly rest today. Defense likely won't start until Monday. #cbsphilly

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members