Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the closing of TSM prevent the FBI and other LE full access to their records? Or did the records already hit the paper shredders weeks ago?

I have said on another thread ( the one about missing PA DA Ray Gricar) that Sandiusky had 3 or 4 preferred sites of molestation. EVERY ONE of those sites must be checked for cameras, for evidence of former electronic survellience being installed, then pulled. I think it was DEFINITEY recorded.

The money to be made off child *advertiser censored* is astounding... I won't do the searches to find out how much it is estimated to bring to organized crime per year because I don't want that type of search on my computer, but I know it is hugely cheap to make and incredibly profitable to the makers and distributors.

Considering the grand jury investigation had been going on for a couple of years there was plenty of time to remove that type of equipment. To my knowledge, the operations/offices were never shut down by the authorities.

IMO, to understand the incomprehensible cover up and failure to protect these children in this matter, it’s starting to appear as simple as the old adage of “Follow the Money”.

$4,600,000,000.00 budgets, $70,000,000.00 revenue with $50,000,000.00 profits, $500,000.00 salaries, $3,000,000.00 taxpayer funded grants, $12,000,000.00 in house construction projects, $20,000,000.00 donations, $9,000,000.00 in the bank, millions for this, millions for that...........

How many of those zeros will disappear now that the light of day is being shined on the dark soul of a monster?

IMO, to understand the incomprehensible cover up and failure to protect these children in this matter, it’s starting to appear as simple as the old adage of “Follow the Money”.

$4,600,000,000.00 budgets, $70,000,000.00 revenue with $50,000,000.00 profits, $500,000.00 salaries, $3,000,000.00 taxpayer funded grants, $12,000,000.00 in house construction projects, $20,000,000.00 donations, $9,000,000.00 in the bank, millions for this, millions for that...........

How many of those zeros will disappear now that the light of day is being shined on the dark soul of a monster?

WOW!!!
My opinion only... That's a lot of money!

I am not an accuser. I am a survivor. just damn
JVM can go to.........

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-state-suspects-defense-challenge-victims-credibility-185500235.html

this is intimidation in it's purest form, folks. Why telegraph this strategy? Because he wants to scare the crap out of the men who were brave enough to come forward and the ones who are contemplating it now.

Words cannot describe how much it sickens me-it is an age old approach to attack the victims.

What does a survivor of sexual abuse look like as an adult? Chances are they have walked outside of the lines when it comes to drinking, sex and drugs.

As a coping mechanism.

Sandusky's coping mechanism appears to be finding another child to fawn over and seduce-the victims get to try and move on with their lives after having had their most sacred trust shattered.

I hope Sandusky's attorney walks very very carefully. His client already told the world that he showers with children and horses around with them. I would think that interview will be played to the jury at some point.

Jerry Sandusky took out a $25,000 mortgage on his home last fall as investigators launched a far-reaching child sex abuse investigation against the former Penn State University assistant football coach.

Likening Sandusky's potential financial exposure to that of priests in the Catholic Church scandal, some lawyers say the money was more than likely used to pay his attorney.

"Where else are you going to get the money from?" asked Renee Rockwell, a criminal defense attorney from Atlanta. "What is he going to do? Have a bake sale?"

Sandusky's 2,700-square-foot, five-bedroom, four-bath house in State College has an assessed value of $96,000, according to county tax records. It sits on an idyllic street behind Lemont Elementary School, with a view of Penn State's 110,000-seat football stadium.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/18/4065663/penn-states-sandusky-took-out.html#ixzz1e6tsUEIY

Believe09, the strategy is BOUND to fail because the abused were children when they told of their abuse.
I know you know this, Believe, but to anyone who might not--
CHILDREN DO NOT LIE ABOUT SEXUAL ABUSE!!!!!!
This is a basic principle of psychology.
( Except for a very few weird instances in history where a " cult" of adults coached children-- AND WERE CAUGHT BECAUSE THE CHILDRENS' INTERVIEWS clearly showed they had been taught to say SOME things, while having no knowledge of other things related to sexual abuse).

The original statements of the victims will be enough to put Jerry Sandusky out of the child rape business.
AND hopefully, behind bars for the rest of his life. ( which probably isn't too long, IMO-- man looks like dead walking).

Do not ever underestimate the abilities of children to tell about their hurts in their words, and with good therapists, to provide testimony which is impeachable.

And for anyone here who has any doubts about a child " making up" allegations-- Again, I say to you, unless an adult has taught the child what to say over and over in which case the parroting will be very evident, CHILDREN DO NOT LIE ABOUT ABUSE.

They lack the verbal skills to tell the extent of their hurt, but they do not lie about what happened.

:furious: Sandusky is going down for this!!!:furious:

Maria

I thought this was an interesting read.

Two PSU trustees claim no prior knowledge of scandal

Read more: http://standardspeaker.com/news/two...-knowledge-of-scandal-1.1234200#ixzz1e6wKLzLE

From the article:

On the one hand -

Hetherington: "We felt those people should have done more," Hetherington said, referring to Paterno and Spanier. "And there's been 13 years of questioning and investigation by the grand jury, and it looks like some people didn't do enough. People did the minimum required by the laws of Pennsylvania but, in most cases, it didn't pass the moral test."

On the other hand -

Hetherington: We also lost a great university president over this fiasco. After last Thursday, Spanier was forgotten. How many times have you seen Paterno's name in headlines but you don't see much about Spanier?" Hetherington said.

Sorry of this has been posted -- looks like the NCAA will finally get involved:

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - The NCAA will examine whether Penn State broke any rules with its handling of a child sex abuse scandal that has shocked the campus and cost the school's former president and coach Joe Paterno their jobs.

NCAA president Mark Emmert sent a letter to Penn State president Rod Erickson saying that the governing body for college sports will look at "Penn State's exercise of institutional control over its intercollegiate athletics programs" in the case of Jerry Sandusky, the former defensive co-ordinator accused of 40 counts of child sex abuse.

Article follows -- decent summary of the day's events in this burgeoning scandal, with emphasis of the standards of conduct purportedly demanded of member institutions by the NCAA (not always renowned for its activism in college sports misbehaviour):

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ncaa-tells-penn-state-investigate-sandusky-child-sex-194955555.html

s

I thought this was an interesting read.

Two PSU trustees claim no prior knowledge of scandal

Read more: http://standardspeaker.com/news/two...-knowledge-of-scandal-1.1234200#ixzz1e6wKLzLE

From the article:

On the one hand -

Hetherington: "We felt those people should have done more," Hetherington said, referring to Paterno and Spanier. "And there's been 13 years of questioning and investigation by the grand jury, and it looks like some people didn't do enough. People did the minimum required by the laws of Pennsylvania but, in most cases, it didn't pass the moral test."

On the other hand -

Hetherington: We also lost a great university president over this fiasco. After last Thursday, Spanier was forgotten. How many times have you seen Paterno's name in headlines but you don't see much about Spanier?" Hetherington said.

"It seems a shame that this whole focus is about the football program and not about the institution itself. We also lost a great university president over this fiasco. After last Thursday, Spanier was forgotten. How many times have you seen Paterno's name in headlines but you don't see much about Spanier?" Hetherington said.

Read more: http://standardspeaker.com/news/two...-knowledge-of-scandal-1.1234200#ixzz1e6ziZxNP
LOL LOL LOL He must not read at WS. No you did not lose a great university president, he embarrassed your whole institution by going out the first day and saying how he was backing two alleged criminals who lied to a grand jury and are charged with not reporting the rape of a little boy. They call this guy a trustee? LOL LOL

Yes, I thought that was chock-full of irony as well. :)

And I guess wording is everything... i.e.

Spanier offered resignation to board

Penn State said former president Graham Spanier offered to resign last week to university trustees in the wake of the child sex abuse case that has enveloped the school.

The board announced after a meeting Nov. 9 that it decided Spanier was “no longer president.” Spanier said in a statement the same night “there is wisdom in a transition in leadership so that there are no distractions in allowing the university to move forward.”

Neither the board, nor Spanier, had specified then if he resigned.
School spokeswoman Lisa Powers said in an email Thursday that Spanier offered his resignation in the best interests of Penn State. School officials could not immediately confirm whether the resignation was accepted or whether Spanier was let go regardless.

Read more: http://auburnpub.com/sports/nationa...60-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story#ixzz1e71h2eHk

Yes, I thought that was chock-full of irony as well. :)

And I guess wording is everything... i.e.

Spanier offered resignation to board

Penn State said former president Graham Spanier offered to resign last week to university trustees in the wake of the child sex abuse case that has enveloped the school.

The board announced after a meeting Nov. 9 that it decided Spanier was “no longer president.” Spanier said in a statement the same night “there is wisdom in a transition in leadership so that there are no distractions in allowing the university to move forward.”

Neither the board, nor Spanier, had specified then if he resigned.
School spokeswoman Lisa Powers said in an email Thursday that Spanier offered his resignation in the best interests of Penn State. School officials could not immediately confirm whether the resignation was accepted or whether Spanier was let go regardless.

Read more: http://auburnpub.com/sports/nationa...60-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story#ixzz1e71h2eHk

I think this board of trustee's probably all got good grades in paper shuffling and it appears they probably scored high on the test for rubber stamping. Probably shoot a good game of golf too just not as good as the guy above them. Well that is all I got to say about that.

I hope Sandusky's attorney walks very very carefully. His client already told the world that he showers with children and horses around with them. I would think that interview will be played to the jury at some point.

BBM

We already know the atty is an idiot for allowing JS to call into a talk show.

I love his plan of attack for the courtroom. Sounds like one the jury will love as well. idiot.

Joe Pa is 84. Notice that it was stated that his cancer was "treatable", and the type of lung cancer wasn't mentioned or the stage of his cancer, "Treatable" may be a euphemism for palliative care.

How is 'treatable' a euphemism for 'palliative'? Treatable means it can be treated, whereas palliative means it can't.

:waitasec:

BBM

We already know the atty is an idiot for allowing JS to call into a talk show.

I love his plan of attack for the courtroom. Sounds like one the jury will love as well. idiot.

Does he really think he can fool a jury by saying: "Yes, he showered with little boys and hugged them in skin-to-skin contact, but Sandusky NEVER had sex with them!"

Good Grief!

The standard for something to be considered sexual abuse of a child is so much less than that. Exposing himself in a shower and hugging a naked child is more than enough to prove to a jury that he is a pedophile.

This Canadian columnist's commentary is in keeping with the TV talking head/psychologist who, earlier this week, described a longing/wistfulness in Sandusky's voice during the "are you a pedophile" part of the interview:

...everyone knows that when a person repeats a question, he's buying time to construct an answer. And that the only correct, instinctive-as-a-blink answer to that question is something like “No!” In certain situations, I'd even say that a man could, with impunity, punch a man for asking him such a question. Instead, Mr. Sandusky answered that question in the reluctant tone of a person on a diet who's “trying to be good” but who has just been offered another slice of cake.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...o-smell-the-rot-in-penn-state/article2241975/

But Amendola thinks it was a clever move -

On the televised phone interview with Sandusky that aired on NBC: "I think it helped us because I think rather than having people comment that Jerry's lawyer is spinning his case for him I think people needed to hear from Jerry that he was innocent. That he didn't commit the acts with which he's been charged. He came across as Jerry always comes across. And I think the more that he gets out in the public eye the more he speaks, I think the more people will understand that that's just Jerry's mannerisms, the way he answers questions, his thoughtfulness, his thinking process takes time to answer questions. His responses are slow and sometimes they're extended."

http://www.ydr.com/psu/ci_19366658

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member