Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Knot! Here's a link to the GJ findings. It's a good place to start, IMO. I have it saved because, as painful as it is, I need to refer to it in order to keep the alledged victims straight. My apologies if you've already read it.

GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Presentment.pdf

Then there's the interview with Bob Costas on ROCK Center past Monday night. JS admits he touched them on the leg, he showered with them, he engaged in 'horseplay' with them, he admits to slapping with towels. IMO, the man has a huge creep factor. I have a son, now grown, who was involved in sports, scouts and every activity he could talk me into allowing. I would be absolutely mortified if I learned an adult male showered naked with my son and engaged in slapping towels! My mama grizzly instinct would set in and I would want to rip somebody's head off and spit in their neck for overstepping those boundaries with my baby! GRR! (I am not growling at you, Knot. It's just my disgust with these allegations as a mother that I growl about) MOO

Good reading you again!

wm

Thank you for the link ... I hadn't read it. That clears it up for me! Very clear and consistent patterns which can not be explained away.
Russell

http://deadspin.com/tom-corbett/

The surface donations are easy enough to count up. We've already covered that ground. But it's also worthwhile to look at how much money these people have donated to Corbett since 2003, when he first ran for public office. Same goes for how much money Corbett received from companies or people with strong ties to directors on the charity's boards. At the very least, even the indirect connections show, again, how influential and well-connected The Second Mile is.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/17/us-pennstate-merrill-idUSTRE7AF2UM20111117

"I'm still struggling with it," said one Northeast U.S. Merrill adviser, one of several brokers who said they were not authorized by the firm to speak on the matter. Another broker said he has had to field questions about the scandal from clients and colleagues.

Currently 326 Penn State alumni are employed at Merrill, according to Jeff Garis, director of the school's Bank of America Career Services Center. Most prominent is Andrew Sieg, president of Bank of America's retirement services business.

"It was not uncommon for them to pick football players for sales and trading, because they made a connection between athletic ability, leadership and sales," said Kline, who spent several years as an analyst at Merrill.

Sure are a lot of people being authorized not to speak.

Penn State Scandal: Mother of Sandusky's Adopted Son Speaks Out
By KEVIN DOLAK

Nov. 17, 2011

snip-

The birth mother of Jerry Sandusky's youngest adopted child has come forward saying she believes the former Penn State coach led her son on a path of self-destruction and that she contacted authorities years ago about her son's safety.

Debra Long told ABC News in an exclusive interview that sharing her now 33-year-old son Matt with Sandusky had been a nightmare after the coach became the boy's guardian via foster care in 1995. Long says that she watched as her child became enamored with the local hero and then increasingly frightened by Sandusky's behavior.

"It was Jerry Sandusky, you know? Any 10-year-old kid is going to be impressed by Penn State football," Long said. "And then it was the gifts. You know, money and clothing and whatever … It was as if Jerry owned Matthew."
http://a.abcnews.com/US/penn-state-scandal-mother-sanduskys-adopted-son-speaks/story?id=14970402

I only know two recipes for deer meat and I dont like him.

I wont speak for Pensfan, but I dont believe there was any sarcasm or denigrating statements there. I believe Pensfan was making a case for a common sense jury.

I think that is why there will be legal shenanigans to push this out...after all, victims like this who have the scabs picked off their wounds and who are facing the humiliating high profile pressure of a trial like this are likely to have some problems...

Victims who are out there-there is support available to you! Please make sure you reach out to all who love you as you move through this. You are strong in a 1000 ways where your perp is weak. :twocents:

Thank you for understanding my previous post. It was not meant to be derogatory towards farmers and hunters. These are no-nonsense individuals that will not feel any sympathy for a large man who raped little boys.

I regret that I was unable to eat the 5 deers that have run in front of my Jeep and dh's over the years. My insurance company and I love deer hunters and wish there were many more in PA. :)

By KEVIN DOLAK

Nov. 17, 2011
snip-

The birth mother of Jerry Sandusky's youngest adopted child has come forward saying she believes the former Penn State coach led her son on a path of self-destruction and that she contacted authorities years ago about her son's safety.

Debra Long told ABC News in an exclusive interview that sharing her now 33-year-old son Matt with Sandusky had been a nightmare after the coach became the boy's guardian via foster care in 1995. Long says that she watched as her child became enamored with the local hero and then increasingly frightened by Sandusky's behavior.

"It was Jerry Sandusky, you know? Any 10-year-old kid is going to be impressed by Penn State football," Long said. "And then it was the gifts. You know, money and clothing and whatever … It was as if Jerry owned Matthew."
http://a.abcnews.com/US/penn-state-scandal-mother-sanduskys-adopted-son-speaks/story?id=14970402

OMG ~ that implies that he did, indeed, "groom" his adopted foster children. :maddening:

I knew this stuff would come out. Having all these children in his home would have been too much temptation. *shudder*

I'm confused by this new information regarding McQueary.

If he testified to a Grand Jury about this years ago, why did investigators have to meet with him in a parking lot to discuss what he saw with Sandusky? Is it because the testimony to the GJ was sealed?

It also seems to negate McQueary's assertion that he went to police back in the day. I think what most people are put out about is the fact that he never followed up when he realized that Sandusky was still around campus with children all the time, and still working with this charity. Talk about denial! It's like they had to drag it out of him last year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45335880/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

The posting, on a forum where people chatted about Penn State athletics, allowed them to draw up a list of coaches likely to have seen something, which in turn led them to Penn State's wide receivers coach Mike McQueary.

Investigators set up a meeting in a parking lot a little over a year ago, the newspaper reported, at which McQueary unburdened himself about having witnessed a 10-year-old boy being raped by Sandusky in 2002.

Someone brought up the subject of whether or not Sandusky had a "type" (I think it was on thread #2). From the article Dr. Fessel posted it would seem he did.

"He tended to choose white boys from homes where there was no father or some difficulty in the family, investigators said, and he drew them in with trips to games and expensive gifts like computers."

----------

I am that "someone." So thank you. This should be repeated.

Thank you for the link ... I hadn't read it. That clears it up for me! Very clear and consistent patterns which can not be explained away.
Russell

Yes, that was Mr wm's first comment after reading the GJ docs! He said clear and consistent patterns were established in the alleged victims' testimony.

JS 'cracking backs' of the alleged victims convinced Mr wm of the victims' credibility because, (his words) "how many kids would use the phrase "he cracked my back"?

wm

I don't know McQueary, I don't have any ties to to Penn State or have any interest in football. I hope that McQueary was staying inside the program to try and monitor what Sandusky's activities were, so that eventually his observations and information could be passed on to investigators.

Otherwise, I think that he abandoned the children who were being abused.

Lawmaker calls for federal probe of Penn State scandal

By Brad Bumsted, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Last updated: 12:53 pm
snip-
HARRISBURG — An Allegheny County state House member today called for a federal investigation of the Penn State child abuse scandal.

Rep. Tony DeLuca, D-Penn Hills, said he is preparing a House resolution calling for the U.S. attorney's office and FBI to take over the probe.

DeLuca said there is a need for an independent investigation of former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky and of the state attorney general's investigation.

U.S. Attorney Peter Smith, the chief federal prosecutor in Central Pennsylvania, said in a statement earlier this week that the "extremely disturbing" allegations "mandate a thorough review of the facts and appropriate action by law enforcement at all levels." But a spokeswoman for the office declined comment on DeLuca's statement.

Read more: Lawmaker calls for federal probe of Penn State scandal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_767828.html#ixzz1dzGRY3nH

----------

I am that "someone." So thank you. This should be repeated.

You're welcome.

I think you may have made the comment on thread #2 (I should have gone back to find your screen name).

I'm having difficulty in seeing if this is Sandusky in this "groundbreaking" photo. Go through the series of photos (they will automatically advance). There is one where everyone is holding a shovel of dirt.

http://www.psu.edu/catholic/

I'm not here to defend Mike McQueary, and I find the claim that he contacted the police to be coming a little late in the story. However, I think some understanding of college sports is necessary here.

Big time programs like Penn State, USC, Alabama etc. make a lot of money off of their football programs. Tickets, t-shirts, hats, back packs, window stickers, bowl game monies, donations etc. add up to a lot of money and prestige for the university. These are major cash cows.

I can't, off the top of my head, report any links for these thoughts, but I believe that it's pretty much accepted M.O. for most large college programs. If a girl is raped by a football player and reports it to police she is most likely to be overscrutinized by the campus police, the police and maybe even some of her friends. She faces a scarlet letter if she takes him to court and he can't play. So in addition to the normal BS a rape victim has to go through there is a lot of fear and peer pressure to just shut up about it. Also, in a football crazy town her chances of getting justice are slim. What girl wouldn't want to have sex with a star player?

When McQueary walked into that locker room and found Sandusky raping the child and stopped it and then went to Paterno the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if all involved knew that it was better for the university to shut up about it, do the minimum and move on.

If McQueary had pressed it he would have faced a huge PR machine that would have found something they could cling to, like he felt he wasn't promoted fast enough or some nonsense, and then turn it around on him. Sandusky is a saint, he set up this whole charity for kids and now this p-ant little grad assistant is trying to smear the character of someone who's devoted his entire life to children. The campus police and police would have said they "investigated" the incident and found it to be little more than what a grandfather interacting with a grandson might do. McQueary would have been forced to resign, another football program wouldn't have touched him and he'd be flippin burgers at McDonald's.

It's easy to say what he should have done after breaking the rape up but the big time football machines will run you over and ruin you if they think any part of the cash pie is in danger of being lost.

You see more guys being arrested in the NFL because they are on their own. The only one's who are culpable are them. They don't have a billion dollar PR machine backing them up, but they do have money people want. JMO

Some investigators said they were convinced that the idea that Sandusky had an inappropriate interest in, and relationships with, young boys was a fairly widely held suspicion around and even outside Penn State's football program over the years.

"This was not the secret that they are trying to make out now," one person involved in the inquiry said.

http://deadspin.com/5860507/new-psu...victims-and-second-mile-has-missing-documents

I don't see how any who knew can look at themselves in the mirror.

I'm confused by this new information regarding McQueary.

If he testified to a Grand Jury about this years ago, why did investigators have to meet with him in a parking lot to discuss what he saw with Sandusky? Is it because the testimony to the GJ was sealed?
[/url]

I was confused as well about that part of the NY Times article when I read it last night.

I just went back and read it again and even went back to reread the part Dr. Fessel included with his link here on the thread, thinking the NYT may have edited since the first edition/release (they hadn't).

Anyway, when I read it last night I got the impression McQueary had talked to investigators two different times, with the parking lot discussion (reminds me of an episode of The Sopranos) being the second meeting. I misread the word "there" for "then." (new glasses needed)

I don't know anything about grand jury proceedings but after reading through it again (three times) my impression is that there were investigators working the case during the entire time the grand jury was in session (IIRC, they opened the grand jury case in 2008).

Now, my impression is that they talked to him in the parking lot (based on the message board finding) in 2010 and then he ended up testifying in front of the grand jury following that meeting.

I'm having difficulty in seeing if this is Sandusky in this "groundbreaking" photo. Go through the series of photos (they will automatically advance). There is one where everyone is holding a shovel of dirt.

http://www.psu.edu/catholic/

I think those are men of the cloth (other than the man on the far left).

Zwpu2.png

Is Penn State preparing PR counterattack to save image?
snip-
The plot in the Penn State child abuse sex scandal keeps getting thicker. Penn State's embattled board of trustees has enlisted crisis communications agency Ketchum in New York, according to Advertising Age.

The move indicates Penn State's shell-shocked trustees could finally be weighing a PR/media counterattack to try save the school's image following nearly two-weeks of frenzied press coverage about former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky allegedly raping and molesting young boys on campus.

The scandal has already cost former coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham Spanier their jobs. Executives at Ketchum did not return calls and emails seeking comment Thursday.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ve-image-ketchum-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky/1

By KEVIN DOLAK

Nov. 17, 2011

snip-

This interview left me wondering how many young boys were intentionally kept in the foster system to ensure continued alienation from their biological homes? This mother clearly felt her son was manipulated out of her protective arms so that Sandusky had continuous sway. And adopted at 18? That's pretty unusual, isn't it?

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member