Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i no longer believe that mcqueary was surprised the night he discovered sandusky raping a child in the shower.

his complete lack of immediate action, outrage, urgency etc leads me to believe that he had already been prepared in the event he saw something he was not supposed to see.

if cancer does not kill him first, i do believe paterno will end up facing criminal charges in this matter. it simply defies logic imo to conclude that paterno was anything other than fully aware that he was enabling a pedophile to prey on innocent children for decades.

if this is the case, it begs the question....what did sandusky have on paterno?

i no longer believe that mcqueary was surprised the night he discovered sandusky raping a child in the shower.

his complete lack of immediate action, outrage, urgency etc leads me to believe that he had already been prepared in the event he saw something he was not supposed to see.

if cancer does not kill him first, i do believe paterno will end up facing criminal charges in this matter. it simply defies logic imo to conclude that paterno was anything other than fully aware that he was enabling a pedophile to prey on innocent children for decades.

if this is the case, it begs the question....what did sandusky have on paterno?

I agree, it certainly does defy logic and criminal charges against Paterno may not have been ruled out. In the Kim Jones/Mike Francesa interview on 11/9, part of their conversation regarded a press conference held by Attorney General, Linda Kelly and a question asked by a reporter regarding an incident at a CLOSED PRACTICE in 2007:

Reporter: In 2007 at the football practice Jerry Sandusky allegedly attending with a child, you would think the graduate assistant and the head coach would have seen him at that time with that child. Does that increase their responsibility or culpability report that?

Attorney General Kelly: That’s an interesting question. I think that is something that might have to be addressed down the line.

Francesa: She obviously had not heard that, nor had we before that. He was at practice in 2007 with a child, McQueary and Paterno at a closed practice. Now, if you’ve been to a closed practice, and I have, there are not a lot of people. There are no strangers there. Everyone’s accounted for. If a stranger’s there, he’s thrown out. That’s why it’s a closed practice. He obviously had to call in advance to say he was coming, or he had carte blanche to walk in and out of practice any time he wanted.

Francesa: Did he have such an open door that he didn’t have to call for permission to go to practice.

Jones: Yeah, I think he still had a key to the Lasch building. He still had a parking pass.

Francesa: He still had an office in that building.

Jones: Yes, an office and a Penn State email.

Francesa: He walked in with a child in 2007--that makes Paterno and McQuaery incredibly culpable.

http://ology.com/sports/full-transcript-mike-francesa-interview-kim-jones-about-penn-state-scandal

This is FIVE YEARS after McQueary saw Sandusky commit anal rape on a 10 year old child at the same facility.

This is FIVE YEARS after Joe Paterno was told the next day.

This is FIVE YEARS after Sandusky was supposedly barred from bringing a child to the facility and having his keys taken away!

For credibility purpose alone, this was FOUR YEARS before JoePa says he was "shocked" and felt "fooled" when Sandusky was arrested!

OMG!!! And to think-We're only at the very tip of this disgusting human tragedy!!:banghead:
If anything good comes out of this it will be to empower sex abuse victims to speak out-no matter where the abuse comes from!! Oh and witnesses and confidantes to this murder of a childs mind and soul to speak out too-the children are depending on your voice!!:furious:

I agree, it certainly does defy logic and criminal charges against Paterno may not have been ruled out. In the Kim Jones/Mike Francesa interview on 11/9, part of their conversation regarded a press conference held by Attorney General, Linda Kelly and a question asked by a reporter regarding an incident at a CLOSED PRACTICE in 2007:

This is FIVE YEARS after McQueary saw Sandusky commit anal rape on a 10 year old child at the same facility.

This is FIVE YEARS after Joe Paterno was told the next day.

This is FIVE YEARS after Sandusky was supposedly barred from bringing a child to the facility and having his keys taken away!

For credibility purpose alone, this was FOUR YEARS before JoePa says he was "shocked" and felt "fooled" when Sandusky was arrested!

Criminal charges have not been ruled out on anyone. Paterno was just not a target of this grand jury. It can change at anytime as more info comes in.

Paterno, Curley and Schultz all testified for the Grand Jury. Did Sandusky testify? I can't remember.

Sandusky won the boy over through his generosity, according to the grand jury. He showered the boys with gifts, including clothing, a snowboard, Nike shoes, sports lessons, golf clubs, jerseys. He once gave him $50 to buy pot, and let him smoke it in his car, authorities say.

He included him in a Sports Illustrated photo and a video about Penn State’s linebackers. Sandusky guaranteed the boy a walk-on position on the Division I football team.

There was even more to the relationship. In 1999, Victim Four remembers Sandusky being distraught after meeting with Joe Paterno and being told he wouldn’t be the next head football coach.

Victim Four had become his confidant.

I wonder how much money Paterno made over the years off of that video with one of Sandusky's victims in it?

NPR's "This American Life" did a piece back in '09 about Penn State, which they revisited today in the wake of this disaster. The first half of this weekend's show was recent stuff; the second half is from their 2009 story. Randomly, I got to hear it twice today while on the road, and came inside hoping I could hear it again tonight. Alas, not so.

It will be available via MP3 here tomorrow at 7 p.m. Eastern. The link above gives a synopsis in the meantime. I would urge everyone here to take a listen when it's available. I was 15 minutes late to a meeting today because I was sitting in my car listening to it. Riveting.

NPR's "This American Life" did a piece back in '09 about Penn State, which they revisited today in the wake of this disaster. The first half of this weekend's show was recent stuff; the second half is from their 2009 story. Randomly, I got to hear it twice today while on the road, and came inside hoping I could hear it again tonight. Alas, not so.

It will be available via MP3 here tomorrow at 7 p.m. Eastern. The link above gives a synopsis in the meantime. I would urge everyone here to take a listen when it's available. I was 15 minutes late to a meeting today because I was sitting in my car listening to it. Riveting.
Thank you and will do!

Paterno, Curley and Schultz all testified for the Grand Jury. Did Sandusky testify? I can't remember.

Nope. Not according to the GJ presentment. :dunno: if this is normal practice though.

You can listen to the full 2009, pre-scandal episode here in the meantime:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/396/1-party-school

Wow. I'm listening to it now.

The comments from Graham Spanier are interesting - plus, right now - "bloody kids, injured kids, etc."

G1DMu.gif

Bob Poole is the chairman of The Second Mile board of directors. He's held that position for 17 years. He was chairman, then, in 1998, when an attorney for both Second Mile and Penn State learned about an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct by Jerry Sandusky.

Poole is also the CEO of Poole Anderson Construction. PSU paid Poole's company $12,154,402 in the last fiscal year (2010). In 2009, Poole's company got even more money: $12,936,843, according to the "Right to Know Reports" the school is required to file with the state. That's a total of $25,091,245.

Poole had raised money for Leslie Dutchtot, the district judge and Second Mile volunteer who let Sandusky out of jail on unsecured $100,000 bail.

This Sandusky scandal looks more incestuous and more political by the day.

A lot of people had a lot of incentive to do nothing whatsoever.

http://deadspin.com/5860893/second-...-company-run-by-chairman-of-sanduskys-charity

A lot of incentive to do NOTHING? Wait and see how much is reported as being paid to Poole's company, from this point forward, over the next two years. IMO, it will likely be ZERO.

There's simply no way I can believe that this guy didn't know all about the evil acts of the monster he was affliated with at TSM for 17 years. Unless he was completely brain dead, he likely knew in 17 MINUTES!

IMO, like many others in this mess, Poole chose money over his moral obligation to protect those children thereby enabling Sandusky's reprehensible acts.

Wow. I'm listening to it now.

The comments from Graham Spanier are interesting - plus, right now - "bloody kids, injured kids, etc."

G1DMu.gif

And this was all two years ago.

Hindsight is maybe more than 20/20.

(I'll post a link ASAP when the new NPR/TAL podcast is available. Same producer, Sara Koenig, did the '09 and the contemporary interviews. She lives in State College, and also bases much of her 2011 reporting on Matt Weinreb who writes for Grantland and who has been quoted here extensively. In the '11 portion of TAL's coverage, Koenig relies almost exclusively on Weinrab. An example of his work: Living in State College. )

Only in a place called Happy Valley could a child rapist write a book called Touched,

touched.jpg

appear in a video containing this image,

SanduskyVideo.jpg

while living on a street with this sign,

SanduskyStreet.jpg

in a house he bought with an unobstructed view of a school's playground,

SanduskySchool.jpg

be caught in the act of raping a child on TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, yet have every human he came in contact with for DECADES turn and look the other way, pretending to know NOTHING!

Right JoePa?

Hi all..new here...I suppose the new judge Scott can not now deny bail and throw sandusky in jail?? I also read that because of the Alamo Bowl, TX may have a shot at sandusky first...they will not have him out on bail, for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place