Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling he saw a witness there he did not think would be. I have a feeling there is one he thought was on his side but has been wearing a wire. IMO

What a chicken. Guess his lawyer was just blowing smoke. He should have to pay for all the expenses this town has put out for security. GRRRRR

Alot of smoke. I thought he was supposed to clarify what really happened for those of us who prematurely convicted his client.

I am glad the vics didn't have to testify. But I bet their anxiety level was horrible though.

Alot of smoke. I thought he was supposed to clarify what really happened for those of us who prematurely convicted his client.

I am glad the vics didn't have to testify. But I bet their anxiety level was horrible though.

Thank god for these brave men. I can't imagine the pressure they have been under. I think it stinks that old Jer waited until the last moment to waive this hearing. Ugh.

Sandusky and his lawyer said something when they came out like they were not allowed to........

Not sure what they said.

What was the laughter about?

Former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky, who is accused of sexually abusing young boys, surprised a packed courtroom Tuesday by waiving his right to a preliminary hearing.
After Magistrate Judge Robert Scott asked Sandusky if he understood he was waiving certain rights, the former coach said yes, and the courtroom erupted in conversation and laughter. The judge admonished the crowd, and Sandusky and his attorney, Joe Amendola, left shortly afterward.
His arraignment is set for January 11

More at link

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/13/justice/sandusky-preliminary-hearing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...ndusky-scandal-trial-20111213,0,1448474.story

(snip)
Wes Oliver, an associate professor at Widener Law School in Harrisburg said Sandusky's decision to waive is a clear signal that "a plea is in the works."

If the case was headed to trial, "there is no strategic advantage" to waiving the preliminary hearing, Oliver said.

"If you were going to trial, you would want any opportunity you could get to get witnesses on the stand and learn all you could about what the prosecution is coming at you with," he said.

Sandusky and his lawyer said something when they came out like they were not allowed to........

Not sure what they said.

I had the link up you provided and it sounded like Sandysky's lawyer said something along the lines of 'we wanted it to be fair and it wasn't going to be that way today'.

If there's a plea deal the punishment needs to be severe or the term "Pennsylvania justice" is an oxymoron.

If there's a plea deal the punishment needs to be severe or the term "Pennsylvania justice" is an oxymoron.

Gut feeling is if Sandusky takes a plea deal - it makes me wonder who is he protecting? I realize he is 67 and taking the plea saves his family a lot of money but feel there is a lot more he is hiding in taking a plea.

Gut feeling is if Sandusky takes a plea deal - it makes me wonder who is he protecting? I realize he is 67 and taking the plea saves his family a lot of money but feel there is a lot more he is hiding in taking a plea.

I just hope it is prison time and not a light deal. I don't care how old he is...if he is guilty, he needs to be kept away from all children and youth.

What a chicken. Guess his lawyer was just blowing smoke. He should have to pay for all the expenses this town has put out for security. GRRRRR

I am listening to Mr. Amendola. He is scared and he realized that his strategy just made matters worse.

Sandusky, in a dark suit, entered the county courthouse through the back door Tuesday with his wife, Dottie, at his side. He looked straight ahead, ignoring questions from reporters. Defense attorney Joseph Amendola followed him into the courthouse

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/1...sky-waives-preliminary-hearing/#ixzz1gQTRTD00

Dottie.png

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
#BREAKING #Sandusky lawyer says many of alleged victims may be falsely accusing Sandusky for money. Won't discuss plea deal.

Um...sure...

IF Dottie is as deceived as I think she may be...I feel for her. My friend had no idea her very conservative Christian dh was molesting their oldest dd...as soon as the dd told her we called the authorities...but the healing for her after living in a home with that much deception has been a long haul....

IF she knew...well better keep my mouth shut..

ETA: this grin of his gives me the creeps (can I say that here)

Who is the guy standing next to Sandusky's attorney? Is it a PI? Why is it all these defense attorneys seem to have PI's attached to their hips as of late? JMHO

If I was a victim, I wouldn't be feeling anxiety. I would be p****d off.

sganim Sara Ganim
Amendola said mcqueary is the centerpiece of the prosecution case
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

sganim Sara Ganim
We're going to fight like hell, Amendola said
2 minutes ago

sganim Sara Ganim
#sandusky said he intends to fight but today wasnt the right day
1 hour ago

sara is a Crime reporter for The Patriot-News in Harrisburg

Heh, woke up at 5:30 am Pacific time, switched on the TV just in time to see Sandusky and Amendola ( and entourage) walk out of the door to stop and claim they couldn't have their say today, so it's off. Bullsh!!

FLINCH! (deep sock on the arm-- oops, did I miss and hit your side moob? my bad! :floorlaugh: ) Coward!

But, I think this will be painted as a gesture to his wife. We all know they don't need to hear the victim's statements-- the GJP gave us the gist of it, but of course, the details coming straight from these young men would be a zillion times more devastating. Many gasps, tears, perhaps even sobs from a gallery of Sandusky neighbors and "friends," as well as seasoned reporters and professionals. I think they did the right thing for their case, and it was probably the work of the new consultant.

I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the victims in that courtroom this morning-- please don't view this day as a waste of your time and energy. You have succeeded greatly by being there, en force, to stand as ready as soldiers to face a common enemy. I applaud your courage, resolve, and ability to make sure there is never another young boy hurt by this wolf in sheep's clothing. :heartbeat:

Heh, woke up at 5:30 am Pacific time, switched on the TV just in time to see Sandusky and Amendola ( and entourage) walk out of the door to stop and claim they couldn't have their say today, so it's off. Bullsh!!

FLINCH! (deep sock on the arm-- oops, did I miss and hit your side moob? my bad! :floorlaugh: ) Coward!

But, I think this will be painted as a gesture to his wife. We all know they don't need to hear the victim's statements-- the GJP gave us the gist of it, but of course, the details coming straight from these young men would be a zillion times more devastating. Many gasps, tears, perhaps even sobs from a gallery of Sandusky neighbors and "friends," as well as seasoned reporters and professionals. I think they did the right thing for their case, and it was probably the work of the new consultant.

I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the victims in that courtroom this morning-- please don't view this day as a waste of your time and energy. You have succeeded greatly by being there, en force, to stand as ready as soldiers to face a common enemy. I applaud your courage, resolve, and ability to make sure there is never another young boy hurt by this wolf in sheep's clothing. :heartbeat:

BBM
Beautifully said. Thank you.

:clap::clap::clap:

I am listening to Mr. Amendola. He is scared and he realized that his strategy just made matters worse.

I missed his little presser, (my son was hankering for breakfast burritos) but I hope it will be online later. I have to say Mr. A. kind of creeps me out too.

But his strategy was off putting for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh