DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what? Mrs. <modsnip>testimony?

bbm

Word!

:floorlaugh:

icon10.gif

It doesn't weaken it a lot. You still have those letters, and they are creepy.

Yes J.J., the letters. Glad you brought them up. I get it the defense is quite concerned with Jerry's letters. Why else would they bring in an expert to try and explain them away?

I'm rewatching IS and Beth K said that <modsnip>(the last witness) looked down and turned bright red when asked if anything untoward had happened between him and Sandusky... that is a telltale sign of deception.

bbm did she say this?
because.....it could be a sign of shame (from what happened) and being embarrassed.

It wouldn't surprise me if she eradicated his chances of a hung jury or acquittal right there with that one gesture. Juries can be influenced by things like that even though they shouldn't be.

I seriously cannot believe the stupidity of her. How does she think that looked to a jury which had just sat through testimony from people detailing sexual abuse, one of whom was in tears on the witness stand?

Cappuccino, this post is excellent in summing up the very consequence of a high five in a courtroom setting. Thanks.

What really gets me is that, other than the "It's okay to shower with boys" argument, Amendola has not tried to explain Sandusky's comments to LE in 1998.

I'll agree, it is not illegal for an older man to be in the shower with a young boy, if it is a public shower. That doesn't explain the bear hug.

That is going to have to be one heck of a closing argument. Maybe Amendola figures that this is the least of their problems? :)

Sports Illustrated's sports law guy Michael McCann has a good summary of stuff up till now:

Jerry Sandusky trial: What we've learned, what we can expect next

In it, he deals with these five issues and questions:

Thanks for the great link, wfgodot! This explained something about the verdicts that I was wondering about:

A conviction on each count requires a unanimous verdict, meaning 12-0. A non-unanimous vote on any of the counts results in a mistrial on that count. The government can retry Sandusky on any count for which there is a mistrial, and would be poised to do so if he is not convicted on other counts and if the vote is 11-1 or 10-2. The government cannot retry Sandusky on any count where that count's vote is 12-0 in favor of not guilty.

if i understand things correctly, jerry sandusky managed to formulate, communicate, and execute a successful defensive strategy for penn state.

and if i understand things correctly, he was a fairly active public speaker.....at fundraisers and sports events, etc.

my question is: how the HADES did he even do those things without stumbling, stammering, blubbering, rambling, going off topic in a million different directions...etc? i can't even listen to an entire interview bc the man actually SOUNDS like a blazing red flag!

if i understand things correctly, jerry sandusky managed to formulate, communicate, and execute a successful defensive strategy for penn state.

and if i understand things correctly, he was a fairly active public speaker.....at fundraisers and sports events, etc.

my question is: how the HADES did he even do those things without stumbling, stammering, blubbering, rambling, going off topic in a million different directions...etc? i can't even listen to an entire interview bc the man actually SOUNDS like a blazing red flag!

Because he became a public figure after coaching. The people that wanted see him speak were there because he was Jerry Sandusky, great coach and humanitarian.

I thought that the Defense's case was lame - almost as if they felt that there was no reason to try to fight the charges. The less said the better, and that's pretty much what they did. :moo:

Well, the DT had nuttin,' honey... I mean they were standing there with nothing in their hands but .... air. What can you do with a case and a client like that? Even if the DT believes JS is innocent (like heyell), what have they got? Prosecution witness after witness after witness -- that's hard to fight.

And JS smiling at some of his accusers -- whaddup w' dat? Is he just plain delusional? Did his wife notice those looks? Surely, Shirley, she saw some "special looks" he gave certain boys when they were all sitting around the living room or the dinner table or at a hamburger joint, etc. Is she really that big a fool? I kinda don't think so...

And the Big Question: What about their own boys? Didn't they have 5 boys? Makes me <shiver> to think about it...

What a horrible, horrible man, IMO. You can throw out the HPD; he is a sociopath Class I -- no insight, no remorse, his maturity was stunted probably around 15 years old. Thus the attraction to adolescents and high schoolers...

He called her Sarge because he needed someone to tell him what to do -- he needed a mother, not a wife...

Here ends another mini-rant...
:rant:

One of the many horrible things surrounding these events is the stigma that will be cast on people who GENUINELY are trying to help at-risk children...now their motives may be questioned, & every move scrutinized...

Yes, thistle, and that is a shame -- and I'm sure there are honest and right-minded people who get up every day and do their best to do it honorably and honestly with truly the right intentions. Makes me wanna holler.

All they can do is to keep doing what they're doing, always being careful and thorough when they hire someone, and make sure their doors are wide open for inspection, etc., at any time. It's that bad-apple thing -- you're so right.
icon8.gif

I just remembered something...the feds are after JS also for the out of state trips with victim 4. If he is found guilty of the charges on #4, it will help the feds case against him.

Looking at this all in another light and toward a verdict. What do you think would be better for Penn State University: a guilt or not guilty verdict for Jerry?

just asking.

Title: The Tickle Monster...

How about: REALLY Touched. :puke:

Also, I'd like to take a second to thank wfgodot & J. J. in Phila. for their in-depth coverage, and MSM links to, this nightmare. Any others I've missed, I apologize, as I haven't read every thread.

I feel so sorry for that guidance counselor, CB, who Reader posted above. She didn't know she was leading lambs to the slaughter. I know it's a pipe dream, but I would LOVE to see Jerry sentenced consecutively to 500+ years in prison.

:twocents:

I just remembered something...the feds are after JS also for the out of state trips with victim 4. If he is found guilty of the charges on #4, it will help the feds case against him.

Aha. Reminds/helps me understand why the defense was attacking this Victim's credibility so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46