Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, the football schedules were noticiably absent from the defense. They would have shown, proof positive that the "alleged" victims lied. The defense would have had them out, front and center if they would have been helpful! What does that say?

Didn't the last defense witness say he stayed at the Sandusky home 50 times? That's an awful lot of visits! According to what Dottie said on the stand, it wasn't that often that kids were over... except during football season.

I'm sure that the defense would have preferred that the "alleged" victims had kept detailed calendars of all the visits with asterisks next to the days they were molested. Too bad being molested isn't calendar-worthy, but something these youngster tried to put in the back of their minds.

bbm

You're so right, C'Moon!

You're 12 years old, just starting to get some muscles.... Girls are looking different, too. Sure wish Heather would notice me, but I don't have anything to tell her about me that she might like.

And then The Invitation --

Wow, what a day! With a great football coach. Penn State. He wanted ME to go to the ball game with his family and some other guys. A Penn State shirt! Anything I wanted to eat at the game, great seats, then going for ice cream after the game. Then, YES, spending the night in his basement game room. Wow! Now I've got something to tell her...

And then later, something happens. Something you know is bad, something you shouldn't have let him do. And it was yucky. He touched you down there. And then maybe the next day, you think, well, maybe he didn't really mean to do it. Maybe he just wanted to give me a good night hug when he got in bed beside me. Maybe he really didn't touch me there -- maybe it was my stomach he touched. Yes, that's what he did. He likes me & wants me to come back for the next home game. I can't wait...

Also, I'd like to take a second to thank wfgodot & J. J. in Phila. for their in-depth coverage, and MSM links to, this nightmare. Any others I've missed, I apologize, as I haven't read every thread.

I should have prepared for this, and I was not. That will go onto my "regrets list" one day.

This Central Pennsylvania Gothic horror will end for some of you if Sandusky is found guilty. It will be an ongoing horror story for me.

Looking at this all in another light and toward a verdict. What do you think would be better for Penn State University: a guilt or not guilty verdict for Jerry?

just asking.

MOO: Guilty on all counts, lengthy sentence equivelent to LWOP. Curley and Schultz plead guilty, probably in exchange for minimal sentences, and keeping their pensions. Find a way to fire McQueary*. Pull down Paterno's statue, and take his name off of the buildings (both long overdue, IMO).

*For some reason, I find his inaction every bit (possibly more?) as revolting as Jerry's actions.

JMO

MOO: Guilty on all counts, lengthy sentence equivelent to LWOP. Curley and Schultz plead guilty, probably in exchange for minimal sentences, and keeping their pensions. Find a way to fire McQueary*. Pull down Paterno's statue, and take his name off of the buildings (both long overdue, IMO).

*For some reason, I find his inaction every bit (possibly more?) as revolting as Jerry's actions.

JMO

If Sandusky is alive at that point, he'll be out by his 80th birthday.

McQueary at least tried to do the right thing; so did Paterno. They could have done more; Paterno at least admitted that. I don't have a problem with failure; I do have a problem with not trying.

I think it's not good for the defense that Amendola told the jury in opening statements that they would hear from Sandusky himself and also that the defense would speak to collusion among the victims. He didn't do the former and he barely did the latter. A lot of those jury members have got to be thinking "huh?".

]I should have prepared for this, and I was not. That will go onto my "regrets list" one day.
This Central Pennsylvania Gothic horror will end for some of you if Sandusky is found guilty. It will be an ongoing horror story for me.

BBM1
J.J., How could anyone prepare for something like this? A group of men who are above reproach, are all of a sudden complicit in commiting, or covering up horrible crimes? :what: No one, IMO, with the exception of Dottie, McQueary and his dad, and those janitors could have seen this coming, and they are the ONLY ones who should have regrets over this.

BBM2
This, too, as they say, shall pass. Ask any devout Catholic. There's nothing wrong with the institution, just the evil and/or cowardly men who ran it.

If anything, this, as much as the Catholic Church sex abuse scandals, will illustrate that NO ONE, not any beloved coach, priest, vol. fire chief, policeman, doctor, teacher, shrink, etc, is above question. And thats a good thing, IMO.

Looking at this all in another light and toward a verdict. What do you think would be better for Penn State University: a guilt or not guilty verdict for Jerry?

just asking.

To me, a guilty verdict would be better for the school...not only that I personally believe he IS guilty but for the reputation of the school. This has been covered nationally and the charges cover too many children and go back too many years with too many indications of a deep cover up to be ignored, no matter how great a coach JS was. He deceived and hurt not only the school and his own organization but the entire state that had trust in what he pretended he was doing. In my reading of all the articles posted here and many, many comments, most people in the area believe he is guilty also. If he is found not guilty, I fear the school, county and state will always be known for letting a serial child sexual predator go free. With that, anybody else involved in the cover up needs to be exposed and made responsible also to complete the clearing of the air at Penn State.

BBM1
J.J., How could anyone prepare for something like this? A group of men who are above reproach, are all of a sudden complicit in commiting, or covering up horrible crimes? :what: No one, IMO, with the exception of Dottie, McQueary and his dad, and those janitors could have seen this coming, and they are the ONLY ones who should have regrets over this.

I meant I should have seen the scandal coming, and I should have been better prepared last November.

just asking.

I think that, at this point, with all the evidence, guilty. If the verdict is not guilty, it becomes Penn State protecting its own, no matter how disgusting they are. It becomes, "We are ... a loathsome hoard that protects perverts if they are BMOC's."

If it wasn't that 8 of the jurors have a Penn State connection, I might say no difference.

I thought that I would repost a link to this column written by LaVar Arrington

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ung-mans-pain/2012/06/12/gJQAkgviXV_blog.html

A small excerpt:

"One witness, identified as Victim 4 by the grand jury, mentioned me multiple times. He spoke of wearing my jersey and having his photo taken with me. It again brought to mind his name, which originally had come to me when news of this scandal first broke.

Everything that has happened has aged me a few years, as I’m sure it has many others. But now my sadness and disappointment are growing as I realize that I knew this young man fairly well but didn’t grasp the full extent of what he was going through."

just asking.

Guilty, absolutely. If Jerry is free to live on the outside he will become legendary as a predator who must be watched out for, if he's in prison the story can die down and eventually JoePa will be the only legend associated with Penn State football. :moo:

just asking.

Hello, az - I feel it will be greatly beneficial for PSU if they find Jerry guilty and punish him accordingly. And, imo, that is precisely what this jury will do.

Surely - they want to put Jerry and this evil away and distance him from their town, their university and their pride. How can they do anything else?

For these victims - (does anyone reading here think there weren't victims? - I really doubt it) there just has to be some justice....for them and for everyone who cares about honor and integrity and righting a wrong to the extent possible.

What good can possibly come from a not-guilty verdict? I can't find a single thing. Hopefully, the jury feels the same.

all moo

I think that, at this point, with all the evidence, guilty. If the verdict is not guilty, it becomes Penn State protecting its own, no matter how disgusting they are. It becomes, "We are ... a loathsome hoard that protects perverts if they are BMOC's."

If it wasn't that 8 of the jurors have a Penn State connection, I might say no difference.

I agree. The early days of the scandal were bad enough, but the riots that followed Paterno's firing made Penn State look like they cared more about JoePa and football than they did about the welfare of innocent children. Pretty terrible PR. If they convict, they at least show that SC's thinking people have their priorities straight. If they don't, the scorn they engendered from the riots, the cover-up, etc, will manifest again, ten times worse.

I agree. The early days of the scandal were bad enough, but the riots that followed Paterno's firing made Penn State look like they cared more about JoePa and football than they did about the welfare of innocent children. Pretty terrible PR. If they convict, they at least show that SC's thinking people have their priorities straight. If they don't, the scorn they engendered from the riots, the cover-up, etc, will manifest again, ten times worse.

BBM.
A lot of them DID (and not just the dumb@ss rioters).:banghead:

Some comments that were made here and there on the net after two things happened today-- a juror is replaced and the defense suddenly rests-- show intense mistrust of the trial process. The most extreme conspiracy theory was someone saying that a rumor was travelling around Bellefonte that because there were now two jurors who could be depended on to hang the jury, the judge had tipped Amendola to stop right now. This assumes three things- there was already one fixed juror in place, the judge is pro-Jerry, and something would be gained by an elite "them" if Sandusky walks. Another theorist claimed that the "sick" juror should at least be providing a doctor's note justifying not continuing and the judge should have pushed her to continue.
The juror substitution has upped the market for tin hats.
Not supporting this, just reporting it.

John Grisham style Pennsylvania G?

just asking.

My opinion, as an alumna of another major football school: guilty, particularly given so many of the jurors have ties to PSU.

A not guilty verdict sends the message that football success trumps all, even child rape.

Also, considering the majority of opinions I've seen expressed across the country and world that he's guilty, how could any alumni ever proudly identify their alma mater on a resume from that day forward if he's found not guilty? The school's reputation is tainted now, no matter what the verdict, but a guilty verdict would help remove the stink somewhat.

If it were my alma mater, and a jury whose members had many ties to the university acquitted JS, I would never claim association with the institution again if I could avoid it.

Some comments that were made here and there on the net after two things happened today-- a juror is replaced and the defense suddenly rests-- show intense mistrust of the trial process. The most extreme conspiracy theory was someone saying that a rumor was travelling around Bellefonte that because there were now two jurors who could be depended on to hang the jury, the judge had tipped Amendola to stop right now. This assumes three things- there was already one fixed juror in place, the judge is pro-Jerry, and something would be gained by an elite "them" if Sandusky walks. Another theorist claimed that the "sick" juror should at least be providing a doctor's note justifying not continuing and the judge should have pushed her to continue.
The juror substitution has upped the market for tin hats.
Not supporting this, just reporting it.

John Grisham style Pennsylvania G?

Whether it's true or not, it seems to say that the entire judicial system in the county, maybe the state, is being evaluated due to this trial. I hope the jury is serious and conscientious in their deliberations and remembers, like the judge said:

YOU ARE THE CONSCIENCE OF THE COMMUNITY

and does the right thing. If there is ANY kind of question about the actions of these jurors or the judge, the feds will descend again and the scandal will only multiply and grow worse.

At the men's showers and lockers at the Y...with all the old guys' paraphernalia hanging out and swinging along.

<modsnip>
I contacted our YMCA.. I explained why I phoned.
The lady told me that would never be allowed at the YMCA.
She said it is a Christian Org..and operated as such. The family rooms
they have are actually rooms for moms to care for children, get them ready for pool etc..I'm in Ohio but I'd wager to say they all operate the same way.He tried to make J. look good!!! :seeya:

I just heard a teaser on TODAY which said that one of JS' own children was prepared to testify against his father if called. Then they asked the question, "Is this why the defense suddenly rested?" (paraphrased)

WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member