Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Gail Saltz ‏@DrGailSaltz

going over to @msnbc to talk with @tamronhall about histrionic personality disorder and sandusky, what is the defense thinking???

~~~

Ron Musselman ‏@rmusselmansc

Dick Anderson was a longtime Penn State assistant coach and a close fiend of Jerry Sandusky. No surprise he is first one called by defense.

~~~

Dave Bondy ‏@WPXI_DaveBondy

Prosecution just rested. Defense calls fmr Penn state coach Dick Anderson. #sandusky

~~~

Audrey Snyder ‏@audsnyder4

Will Fran Ganter, Tom Bradley and other former assistants testify this week? Ganter and Bradley allegedly saw Sandusky showing with a boy.

~~~

TIME Ideas ‏@TIMEIdeas

What makes a pedophile tick | http://ti.me/MlBS2n

~~~

Matt Moore ‏@MattMooreAP

Prosecution rests in #Sandusky case. It's last witness was mother of Victim 9. She wondered why her son's underwear was not in laundry.

Uhhhh, I beg to differ. Sandusky was NOT being overtly sexual to attract boys! If he were, people would have STOPPED him and the boys would have avoided him at all costs. He was being sneaky, manipulative, cunning, and running a dam* con on everyone. :moo:

Pfft. :cool:

I'm speaking figuratively. The letters were the pedophillic version of "Happy Birthday, Mr. President."

It could explain a detail, but this a problem. Part of the disorder is trying to appeal to someone sexually, a Marylin Monroe type thing. Marylin was going "Oooh" to men. Sandusky was going "Oooh" to boys.

I'm certainly no expert, but, my understanding of HPD is that a person would behave seductively, in general, not just to a certain group. Maybe Pensfan will clarify for us.

10TV.com ‏@10TV

Mother of one of Sandusky's alleged victims:Son's underwear frequently missing from laundry/claimed he'd thrown it away b/c he had accident.

~~~

WGAL:

The defense began presenting its case by calling former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson.

by WGAL 11:15 AM

The mother of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims says her son's underwear was frequently missing from the laundry and he claimed he'd thrown it away because he had an accident.
The mother of the teen called Victim 9 by prosecutors was the last witness called Monday before the state attorney general's office rested its case against the former Penn State assistant football coach.

The woman's son testified Thursday that Sandusky had repeatedly forced him to have anal sex that resulted in bleeding. The teen testified that he "just dealt with it."

by WGAL 11:15 AM

We'll file an update here shortly on what happened this morning.

by WGAL 11:12 AM

The prosecution has rested.

by WGAL 11:12 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1y9swAKhh

I'm speaking figuratively. The letters were the pedophillic version of "Happy Birthday, Mr. President."

I see... perhaps in private, when he had his victims' one on one attention. Was it you, JJ, who suggested that the prosecution's psychiatrist may just come back with a diagnosis of the Other personality disorder most would agree is relevant here, Pedophilia? Pretty risky, imo.

Amendola may have shot himself in the foot by stepping in to represent this well known/public client... jmo.

OK...I'm remembering now that they are using HPD as regards to why he wrote the letters...don't know if that will wash with the jury, doesn't with me...that doesn't explain all the other behaviors, abuses, obsessions....

I'm certainly no expert, but, my understanding of HPD is that a person would behave seductively, in general, not just to a certain group. Maybe Pensfan will clarify for us.

Marylin wasn't coming on to girls.

In Session is interviewing Michael Jackson's lawyer...I'm getting the impression he thinks the victims are lying.

Rant: Watching the headlines go by on Twitter, I just have to say that I wish they wouldn't be lazy and focus like a stupid herd on the one count being dropped against Jerry (which hardly matters) instead of focusing on the upcoming Defense and testimony by other coaches and Jerry's wife. It's mind-boggling that the media as a whole could be so boring. Thank you - I just had to get that off my chest.

~~~

Jon Solomon ‏@jonsol

From NBC News: Prosecutors may present unaired Sandusky interview. Why didn't NBC air this part? http://on.msnbc.com/MIY5FV

~~~

Outside The Lines ‏@OTLonESPN

The mother of alleged Victim No. 9 was the final witness called by the prosecution in the Sandusky trial on Monday.

~~~

Hardball ‏@hardball

The defense in the Sandusky trial may start its case today. Will they put Jerry Sandusky on the stand? #Hardball http://www.philly.com/philly/news/061812_sandusky_defense.html

~~~

Here's what wiki says-- and I underscore the term "pervasive." I feel that's what is really missing in old Jer's picture.

DSM-IV-TR

The most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM IV-TR, defines histrionic personality disorder (in Cluster B) as:[2]

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

The DSM-IV requires that a diagnosis for any specific personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.

Histrionic personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

per·va·sive/pərˈvāsiv/
Adjective:
(esp. of an unwelcome influence or physical effect) Spreading widely throughout an area or a group of people.

I guess, then, we should hear from Dottie about how oversexed he is with her, how he's so inappropriate with her friends and Bridge ladies. How he was overtly jealous of JoePa and everyone never heard the end of it! mo :fence:

I see... perhaps in private, when he had his victims' one on one attention. Was it you, JJ, who suggested that the prosecution's psychiatrist may just come back with a diagnosis of the Other personality disorder most would agree is relevant here, Pedophilia? Pretty risky, imo.

Amendola may have shot himself in the foot by stepping in to represent this well known/public client... jmo.

I wish I could claim credit for that, but I can't. They could, and they might even be able to call Chambers in rebuttal.

I could see this happening with Sandusky's expert:

Prosecutor: People with HPD act seductively sexually?

Expert: Yes.

Prosecutor: Would, hypothetically, someone with HPD act seductively to people of a gender for which they don't have a preference.

Expert: Ah, well, no.

Prosecutor: Thank you.

Marylin wasn't coming on to girls.

How do you know? lol

However, I do not think being overtly sexual toward a potential partner suggests a personality disorder. Let's not forget, she had a thang with Mr. President, no?

(TBH, I think Jackie is more likely to have a personality disorder than Marilyn... Monroe was an actress, but Jackie came across the same in just about every situation. JMO)

Maybe I'm cynical, but saying Jerry showered with kids but never touched them means Anderson was present for ALL showers. I don't buy that.

by audsnyder4 via twitter11:40 AM

RT @cvmikesisak: First defense witness, ex-assistant coach **** Anderson, says #Sandusky had wonderful reputation, brought kids to shower, never touched them ...

by audsnyder4 via twitter11:38 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1y9zhqqEe

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

First defense witness, ex-assistant coach Dick Anderson, says #Sandusky had wonderful reputation, brought kids to shower, never touched them

~~~

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

Frmr Psu asst dick Anderson was first witness for #Sandusky defense. Amendola had him talk about the busy 15-17 hour days of Psu coaches

~~~

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

Dick Anderson said he still showered w young boys at the YMCA. Didn't find it odd or inappropriate when #Sandusky brought them.

~~~

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

Not sure if this got through: Dick Anderson said Psu coaches occasionally showered w #Sandusky and young boys Sandusky brought

From ThoughtFox's link above:

http://ideas.time.com/2012/06/18/jerry-sandusky-what-makes-pedophile-tick/

...........People with HPD are prone to flirtatiousness, attention-seeking and emotionally manipulative behavior — they use their social skills and charm to get what they want from others but also may use dramatic moods to manipulate. Think Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind or pretty much all the characters on Will and Grace. However, people with HPD typically try to seduce same-age peers, not children. Whether Sandusky does or does not have HPD probably has little bearing on his alleged behavior toward children, which represents a major deviation from normative sexual behavior.

In a study published in Biological Psychiatry, Martin Walter and his colleagues found that the hypothalamic regions of the brains of pedophiles, a region heavily involved in sexual identity and behavior, are not stimulated by erotic images of adults the way that nonpedophiliac brains are. Neurologically, pedophiles don’t identify adults as sexually attractive.
----------

Research by Ray Blanchard and colleagues published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that pedophiles report experiencing a higher number of head injuries, particularly before age 13. These reported head injuries were associated also with attention problems and at the very least suggest that pedophilia can be traced back to structural issues with the brain predating puberty, although it’s not yet certain whether the injuries in question led to sexual-development problems or whether problems in earlier neurodevelopment led to both pedophilia and accident proneness.

Ralph Vuono‏@RalphVuono

@audsnyder4 I really can't believe NBC didn't air that part of the interview....odds Sandusky just admits it all on the stand? 3-2

DetailsReply
Retweet

Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads