Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Travis Weaver interview last night and it was so tragic and sad! :( What was particularly disturbing was that they showed pictures of him as a young boy and he seemed so small and vulnerable. Jerry is a monster!

ETA: And it's not in this clip, but on the show Weaver said he thought McQueary was a "coward" for not helping that boy or calling police.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47907473#47907473"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

abc27 Sandusky Trial‏@abc27Sandusky

RT @jamescrummel: #Sandusky is also in court right now. Jury deliberations continue today.

Expand
22m abc27 Sandusky Trial‏@abc27Sandusky

RT @jamescrummel: The jury has just arrived at the courthouse for day 2 of deliberations. Will they reach a verdict today? #Sandusky

Expand
27m abc27 Sandusky Trial‏@abc27Sandusky

#Sandusky is here for court as are jurors. Stay tuned in here for the latest.

Expand
29m abc27 Sandusky Trial‏@abc27Sandusky

RT @abc27News: The jury has arrived for day two of deliberations. Stay with us online and onair for the latest. http://www.abc27.com/story/18851837/sandusky-jury-ends-deliberations-for-the-night

Expand
50m abc27 Sandusky Trial‏@abc27Sandusky

I watched Rock Center. This latest victim is very convincing. The reporter said that there is a second group of young men that came forward after the current trial indictments. If he is acquitted they will go after him with the next group of victims. My guess is that Matt will be included in that group, should it become necessary.

Can they go after him again? With a new set of victims (if acquitted)?

Can they go after him again? With a new set of victims (if acquitted)?

Yes with new victims they can. Double jeopardy only applies to any charges and victims in THIS trial. In Darlie Routier's case (she stabbed her 5 and 7 year old sons to death) they only tried her for the younger boy so that if the jury acquitted they could try her against the older boy.

yesterday I was worried a lot that this jury was all that was standing between sandusky and the young child walking down the street, who is alone, parentless, hopeless, and in need of someone to believe in.

i was frightened largely because imo the state laws of Penn. so favor the sexual predator that it might be difficult for ALL those jurors to convict him.

for instance, his atty, was allowed to make this outrageous and incredulous statement in closing: are we to believe that jerry sandusky lived a normal life up until 200? and then just suddenly turned into a sexual predator? this lie is based on a subverted truth, of course. A truth that was kept from these jurors by state law. The statute of limitations shielded the truth about Sandusky's longtime predatory habits, so his atty was able to claim they never happend.

that scared me a lot.

no wonder Sandusky was grinnin at the jurors. he thought things were goin pretty well for him.

he didnt know that Matt had given him up, that others too were talking to investigators, and most of all he didnt imagine that there might be federal laws that aren't as protective of perverts as the laws of the great state of pa.

i'm not as worried today. I'll bet sandusky isn't grinning this morning.

Kate Snow‏@tvkatesnow

As I reported @RockCenterNBC: Travis Weaver is part of 2nd wave of accusers. Prosecutors may pursue fed charges if jury finds not guilty

Retweeted by Michael Sisak
-----

Prosecutors, defense attorneys arrive in courtroom as deliberations continue in #Sandusky case.

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:24 AM

UPDATE: The jurors entered the deliberation room at 8:55 a.m. today #sandusky

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:24 AM

Read more about the defense closing argument here: bit.ly #sandusky

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:21 AM

Oliver: prosecutor McGettigan meandered through close, defense atty Amendola fiercely defended #Sandusky, raised doubts about investigation.

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:21 AM

Oliver said #Sandusky lawyer raised doubts that will cause jurors to deliberate much longer, though a conviction still likely.

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:20 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yWvTb3GU

Legal analyst Wes Oliver on AG's closing: "It was easily one of the worst closings I have ever seen. To call it amateurish would be kind.”

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:16 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yWwQkBOZ

#Sandusky's wife, Dottie, is in the front row of the family section in the courtroom gallery. Matt is not here following new allegations.

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:08 AM

Back in court awaiting the resumption of the #Sandusky trial, where jurors are expected to hear replay / rereading of McQueary testimony.

by cvmikesisak via twitter 9:07 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yWw8TPyg

------
I haven't read one reporter that liked McGettigan's closing!

Why would Sandusky be in court right now? Or Dottie either for that matter?

It is common for the person on trial to be in the courtroom during deliberations for any read backs, questions, etc. They are a part of the defense team and have in put through their lawyers for what it is worth.

They also are there in case of a verdict.

As for Dottie - guess she is still support Jerry.

Why would Sandusky be in court right now? Or Dottie either for that matter?

defendants are called to court when verdicts are read

and

defendants are called to court when charges are being filed against them

(like federal charges, althought that would be a different court).

would the state file new charges even as these are being decided by a jury?

if possible I would love it.
i think it is the plan. (if necessary)

imo

they have the evidence to do it.

I thought Dan Patrick said it best on his radio show yesterday, for the Penn State football fan, this is about Joe Paterno's legacy. Just as it was for everyone involved in the 2001 incident -- McQueary, Dranov, Curley, Schultz.

It's not about trying to protect PSU. I believe that gets lost on the non-sports fans. It's difficult to comprehend that the PSU football fan would rather protect the legacy of JoePa even if doing so would be detrimental to his alma mater.

I am actually a huge fan of my own alma mater's football program, which also has a storied legacy, and I would still feel the same way (as I said in my post that this one responds to) if this were occurring there.

I don't think being a sports fan and recognizing that some things are more important than a football legacy are mutually exclusive.

I cant see them moving forward in Federal Court if found guilty on these charges. I sure can see the Civil cases piling up tho. I would luv to see every Victim be heard but imagine the cost. It shouldn't matter morally but logistically it does.

I dont know why i am so shocked Dottie is still standing by her man. In light of what she was willing to turn a blind eye too. It was just mentioned on InSession Matt may have the answer to just how much Dottie knew. Evil pure Evil the both of them.

I dont know why i am so shocked Dottie is still standing by her man. In light of what she was willing to turn a blind eye too. It was just mentioned on InSession Matt may have the answer to just how much Dottie knew. Evil pure Evil the both of them.

I am not shocked and to be perfectly blunt I see her as a cold, distant, woman who probably didn't care who he was "doing" as long as it wasn't her.

I think she knew all along and should be held accountable for it. I hope Matt reveals all.

Yes with new victims they can. Double jeopardy only applies to any charges and victims in THIS trial. In Darlie Routier's case (she stabbed her 5 and 7 year old sons to death) they only tried her for the younger boy so that if the jury acquitted they could try her against the older boy.

If there is a mistrial on some of the current charges the state can still retry them also. This from a link that wfgodot posted in the last thread:

A conviction on each count requires a unanimous verdict, meaning 12-0. A non-unanimous vote on any of the counts results in a mistrial on that count. The government can retry Sandusky on any count for which there is a mistrial, and would be poised to do so if he is not convicted on other counts and if the vote is 11-1 or 10-2. The government cannot retry Sandusky on any count where that count's vote is 12-0 in favor of not guilty.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...jerry-sandusky-trial-defense-rests/index.html

I am not shocked and to be perfectly blunt I see her as a cold, distant, woman who probably didn't care who he was "doing" as long as it wasn't her.

I think she knew all along and should be held accountable for it. I hope Matt reveals all.

Agree. She is as sick as her husband. A Mother has instinct to protect any child. It's just hard to accept when a woman doesn't and enables such a Monster. I believe she knew all along too. Life as she knew it is over and I hope her Son/s come forward and speak to her involvement. I would luv to see her behind bars.

The jury in Jerry Sandusky's sex abuse trial is back in court to listen again to testimony from a key prosecution witness.

A court official says the jury gathered just before 9 a.m. Friday. They returned to the courtroom to listen again to the testimony of Mike McQueary, a onetime Penn State graduate assistant who reported seeing Sandusky assault a boy in a shower.

by Shaun Ganley/Staff 9:55 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yX4iD8hI

Since it will take a couple of hours for them to go over MM's testimony, I'm taking a break, BBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome