Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. "Suicide Watch" is automatically done for convicted felons with their first time in prison. It's standard policy to watch them for several days and doesn't mean the person is actually suicidal.

2. Sandusky will never get out of prison. NEVER! I don't care who got parole in some other state way back 30 years ago...in this case, with this felon, he will die in prison. You can count on that.

3. Any appeal will fail. Sure his attorneys will try. And they will fail.

4. A prison to house sex offenders is as much to keep them away from a general population than anything else. Prisons are under legal obligation to house prisoners in a secure and safe manner.

5. Sandusky is not going to admit his wrongdoing. And even if he did (which he won't), he will not get parole that will have him out of prison by his 80th Bday. That's ridiculous! He'll die in prison. He's 68 now. Even if he is eligible for parole in 30 years, that's 98 yrs old. You really think he'll still be alive at 98 in prison? Nyet.

Prosecutors say they never threatened to have Matt Sandusky testify

Prosecutors in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse trial said Saturday they never threatened to call the former Penn State coach’s youngest son to testify against him.

Their account contradicts an earlier version of events laid out by defense attorney Joseph Amendola just hours after a Centre County jury convicted his client on 45 counts involving 10 young men.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/P...threatened_to_have_Matt_Sandusky_testify.html

He didn't get fired because of McQueary, he got fired because of Sandusky. If Sandusky hadn't been sexually abusing young boys, Joe Paterno would still be employed. It's SANDUSKY's FAULT.

If Paterno had gone to the local or state police and reported Sandusky's abuse of children, Paterno would never have been fired. Paterno had a choice to make once he learned what McQ witnessed. He took the path that would most protect PSU.

HLN reported this morning there is no parole for sex offenders in Pa. unless they admit and go thru the treatment program????

That I hadn't heard.

As for the others, as I pointed out, the one priest convicted in Phila Church Sex Abuse Scandal got 2.5-5 and I'm told he'll be out in 2.

If Paterno had gone to the local or state police and reported Sandusky's abuse of children, Paterno would never have been fired. Paterno had a choice to make once he learned what McQ witnessed. He took the path that would most protect PSU.

Exactly. JoePa got fired because of JoePa.

That I hadn't heard.

As for the others, as I pointed out, the one priest convicted in Phila Church Sex Abuse Scandal got 2.5-5 and I'm told he'll be out in 2.

The priest did not get convicted of actual sexual abuse of a child. I do not remember what the actual charge was, but it was that he aided and abetted the abuser by moving parish priests to a new parish when he knew that THEY were abusing children, instead of stopping the abuse.

The two case were apples and oranges. Both landmark cases though, in their own right. That case was the first priest convicted of a crime involving covering up and protecting the church over the rights of children. I am proud of PA today. I hope the rest of the Penn State gang get convicted as well.

Absolutely. I got a little carried away. I just think Sandusky is the ultimate villian in this sorrid horrific mess and I find it appalling that the lawyer is trying to lay blame elsewhere. :/

Exactly. JoePa got fired because of JoePa.

I must have said this aloud in response 10 times this morning to various messages. So thank you for writing it. Of all the men involved in this sick saga, it was JoePa that I was most angry with. Sandusky sickens me but JoePa infuriates me. He, of all people!!!! He, on his high and almighty crusade to be the role model of ethics and teaching his boys values, how many times did he hold himself in such high esteem, when he KNEW what had gone on, when he KNEW that football and his legacy was being protected over what was right for these abused children. And he KNEW that it hadn't stopped. He KNEW and he did NOTHING and then had the audacity to think of himself as a good moral leader of his boys and their ethics. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. A f'ing hypocrite of the highest order. I wish he could have lived long enough to really suffer the shame he so richly deserves.

I wish I could think of a more polite way to say what's going through my mind, but I can't, so here it is:
Hopefully by now, Sandusky has had all of his street clothes and personal belongings stripped away. I hope he's in prison garb, stuck away in a cell after having experienced a very thorough body cavity search, the first of many to come.
Sadly, he'll probably enjoy that, but at least he doesn't have a young boy he can force to do it!!!

We found out during trial that a new crop of victims came forward (including Matt S.). Do we know whether the prosecution intends to bring charges for these victims? I really hope they charge him for every single victim he ever touched. I hope this emboldens the men who he victimized to come forward and stand up to him and show him they aren't afraid of him, and they aren't his victim anymore! I also hope Jer is the first of many perps to be tried. Others at PSU had a role in this cover up. I'd like charges against Sargent Dot as well.

The priest did not get convicted of actual sexual abuse of a child. I do not remember what the actual charge was, but it was that he aided and abetted the abuser by moving parish priests to a new parish when he knew that THEY were abusing children, instead of stopping the abuse.

The one that plead and informed, Avery, plead guilty to Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse; there was also one misdemeanor. It involved a child under 16 and is the maximum felony on which Sandusky was convicted. He got 2 1/2 to 5 and I'm told he'll be out in 2.

The difference is, he cooperated against Monsignor Lynn in return for a lesser sentence. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-guilty-sex-abuse-philadelphia_n_1373836.html

I doubt that all the charges will be consecutive, though two felony convictions might be. It is not out of sympathy for Sandusky that I make that prediction; it's just how the sentencing works in PA.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_case_juror_says.html

Harper said the testimony of Victims 1, 4 and 9 in particular seemed so authentic from the start that it was rather easy for the panel to reach a unanimous guilty verdict on their cases.

On the other hand, he said the jurors found a lot to doubt about defense theories that police investigators coached witnesses, or that there was a grand conspiracy by a group of old Second Mile participants to set up potentially lucrative civil suits.

"I didn't see the evidence of any of that," Harper said, noting a careful review of the transcript of the alleged police coaching, to jury members, seemed more like earnest but appropriate prompting to get a young man to talk about a humiliating subject.

And the run for Penn State bank accounts was shredded by the fact that too many of the allegations against Sandusky -- the McQueary incident; the janitor's account; and a report from 1998 that then Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decided against prosecuting in a vacuum -- came from entirely independent sources

Thanks, 4Justice, for sharing your private and real nightmare. So many, many people share your childhood horror.

And, as was said earlier, it seems especially so for boys and boys-grown-to-men who, because of their being male, made it even more difficult to tell someone. It is so much more than guys just "horsing around." And for girls, it's so much more than "being tickled just to make her giggle."

How much do you think this verdict is actually taking some of the private burden off the victims of JS? Has it helped you just a little bit? Hope so.

Bless you, and I wish you peace somehow, someday.
It gives me a small measure of justice- I was never able to bring my molester to court- he was a "beloved" family member, and children weren't believed back in those days. Took me years to tell anyone. At least he died in a nursing home full of old women, and I've since stomped on his grave!!!

He was in his 20's and not a coach at the time.

I know how much this case has affected me, and didn't walking in someone that was an icon engaged in anal sex with a naked boy in the shower. I think he was in shock, and I can't say I wouldn't have been in similar circumstances.
I agree, although I wish McQuery had done more to break it up and protect the boy, I can't fault him for not knowing how to react. Maybe it was cowardice, but the majority of the blame lies on Sandusky and his enablers at Penn State and his wife!!!

I'm hoping the fact that this is Pennsylvania, not California will help keep him inside.

Prison overcrowding is pretty much everywhere, but I don't think it's at a crisis point in PA.
It wasn't California that paroled Garrido, it was the Feds in Nevada, and it won't happen this time to Garrido!!!

The man is sixty eight years old. I think his way out of prison will be feet first and a natural death unless someone gets to him first.

Thank God, those young men had a jury that took the time to look at what the state presented and believed them.

By the way, Jerry won't kill himself. He's a narcissist and a coward. Those people don't tend to take their lives. I'm just sad he won't be in gen pop where he could one day experience what it's like to be pinned against the wall in a shower by someone much bigger than him. That would be poetic justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals