Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

I don't know any man, be they 18, 32, 45 or 60 who would walk away from a child in the clutches of a rapist. Every man I know considers MM is the worst kind of coward.

This includes my colleagues at Penn State. To a man.

To make any kind of allowance perpetuates the cover up/enabling culture. The victims deserve a clean sweep without caveat.

I have no problem publicly calling MM out and have done so. Remarkably, I still have a job. I've made no secret of where I am employed or my outrage over the handling of this enormous tragedy.

This is my opinion, has been my opinion and will continue to be my opinion to infinity and beyond, barring a personal conversation with Victim 2, suggesting I'm mistaken.

I am just catching up (as usual), but wanted to tell you that I feel exactly the same way. Hell, I would have done something about it even if I only thought they were just showering together and nothing else!

MM saw more than just showering, IMO, and knew enough he should have done more. I had wondered from the first time I had ever heard of MM if maybe he had already known the kind of guy GS is, or at least suspected. He should have manned up right then and there and helped that young boy.

At least MM did testify. That is all I can give him, though.

MOO's

Prosecutors say they never threatened to have Matt Sandusky testify

Prosecutors in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse trial said Saturday they never threatened to call the former Penn State coach’s youngest son to testify against him.

Their account contradicts an earlier version of events laid out by defense attorney Joseph Amendola just hours after a Centre County jury convicted his client on 45 counts involving 10 young men.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/P...threatened_to_have_Matt_Sandusky_testify.html

i figgered joe davola was lying about that...the prosecutors would have given a lot for ole grin and bear all to take the stand. why wouldnt they? we've seen him in action...sexually attracted to young boys, uh......(one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, uh, sexually attracted to young boys...(one thousand....and so one)....uh....no.

right they swapped matt for no chance to present that...what a lie. it NEVER MADE SENSE.

McQ will find that we are not usually sorry for what we do in life but what we DON'T do. When the grand jury called him - he stepped up and his testimony was a huge part of the guilty verdict. Not letting him off the hook - just grateful he didn't run and hide again or lie to protect himself at the present time.

I still believe Curley, Schultz and Paterno and Spanier are equally guilty as Sandusky and will watch as this continues to play out in the Courts.

AZWriter - thanks for your post a few back!!! Sad to see people we thought we know exposed as a monster!

As always, great to be here with all you for the trial and the verdict.

On to Drew Peterson anyone?

Hi, Tip!

That's where I'm a-going, too!! In a way, not much of a difference in perps.... both have devastated many lives, and both seemed to think he was just gliding above his wake of souls and made of something special. ("Man, I'm good -- they have no clue; I'm just so dayam smart, it's almost too easy..."

At least JS didn't kill people -- but he surely killed the little souls of those little boys; he made them see and feel a part of life that should never have been in their little-boy paths. The road he made them take was one of shame, shame, shame, pain, stripped of self-esteem, no one to tell, why me?, and thinking that this was what life was all about. Near unforgivable.

:jail:But today, JS had his first of many, many horrible breakfasts of powdered eggs and thin toast, kool-aid and fake cheese sandwiches for lunch, and some kind of grey-looking stew for dinner along with watered-down mashed potatoes. And they forgot to serve dessert. :jail:

Well, wait just a minute -- he is getting his dessert -- the just dessert of shame, fear, foul smells, lumpy beds, and everywhere, everywhere, there are people he knows he cannot trust. Somehow, he's seeing the other side of that coin, beginning today.:behindbar

icon10.gif

:justice:

So does anybody think the sicko will finally fess up in hopes of parole chances?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Marcia Clark was on one of the cable shows last night and was asked this question, and her reply was that she has never in all of her years heard of a pedophile /sexual abuser admit guilt or wrongdoing. In their sick minds, they see nothing wrong with it.

Through all of this I never cease to be amazed by the culture of corruption and coverup involving Penn State and their football program. The priorities are so messed up, they do not realize how sick the system really is, or if they do, they are really part of the bigger problem. Sick, depraved culture.

Is there someone Sandusky doesn't talk fondly about? It's always sunshine and rainbows in Jer's world.

My impression is a big doofy learning disabled adult w/ a sex problem who is comfortable around children because he articulates so poorly, and the children are his "pool of victims". Almost like shooting fish in a barrel. He almost walks around like a head injury patient, can't believe someone like him rose to such 'power'.
Football is not big in my life or in our family so I son't understand the hype and fervor over a football team, so over-the-top that a coach (or whatever his title was) is revered and protected when he is raping children trusted to his care.
Glad he's in jail now, and don't everyone get too upset when he's sent to a cushy federal prison in PA. where they have golf and pleasant mountain views for the inmates. Sorry.

edited to add: Here's the prison I was referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Correctional_Complex,_Allenwood

Marcia Clark was on one of the cable shows last night and was asked this question, and her reply was that she has never in all of her years heard of a pedophile /sexual abuser admit guilt or wrongdoing. In their sick minds, they see nothing wrong with it.

Through all of this I never cease to be amazed by the culture of corruption and coverup involving Penn State and their football program. The priorities are so messed up, they do not realize how sick the system really is, or if they do, they are really part of the bigger problem. Sick, depraved culture.

BBM.

IMO this is why Jer was shaking his head while being led to the police car.

My impression is a big doofy learning disabled adult w/ a sex problem who is comfortable around children because he articulates so poorly, and the children are his "pool of victims". Almost like shooting fish in a barrel. He almost walks around like a head injury patient, can't believe someone like him rose to such 'power'.
Football is not big in my life or in our family so I son't understand the hype and fervor over a football team, so over-the-top that a coach (or whatever his title was) is revered and protected when he is raping children trusted to his care.
Glad he's in jail now, and don't everyone get too upset when he's sent to a cushy federal prison in PA. where they have golf and pleasant mountain views for the inmates. Sorry.

He was convicted in a state court and will stay in the state prison system.

Maybe if he is convicted of Federal charges at a later date, he would serve that sentence in a federal prison, after he finishes his state sentence. But as others have said, he is most likely to come out of the state prison system horizontal and feet first.

Snipped for focus:

I firmly believe this is just an act put on to make himself seem harmless.

ETA: didn't his lawyer once characterize him as just a big overgrown kid? And wasn't that also the image Michael Jackson tried to cultivate about himself?

well marcia has never maybe heard of it, but to say that No pedophile has ever faced up is just ridiculous..course shes not saying THAT, just that shes never heard of one...obviously some have and some make progress, more or less, towards a stability of sorts. the literature is available for anyone interested.

as to this particular pedophile, I will say there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that he ever will. ook what he has put EVERYONE through. for nothing. and he just sat there agrinnin at the jury during the worst of it, just before he had his atty, joe davola, whip out his "i, like mother theresa, forgive you" moment. so there is no indication he is even remotely in touch with reality. which is a necessary first step in any recovery.

as to penn state, it was interesting last week that the vice chairman of the study group that is delving into "their problem" made a statment that it was obvious one high ranking official had engaged in a cover up. one of the alumni support groups that was created in response to the crisis immediately called the vice chair out and demanded that he cease and desist that kind of talk, which he immediately did, going so far as to issue an apology.

i agree totally that the still dominant penn state elite are a long way from coming to terms with the reality of their situation. but their day is coming, just as Jer's just came. reality is a bytch and shes headed their way. some of them seem to be as clueless as ole Jer there.

which is only going to make it a whole lot worse than it is, and its bad enough already.

I am just catching up (as usual), but wanted to tell you that I feel exactly the same way. Hell, I would have done something about it even if I only thought they were just showering together and nothing else!

MM saw more than just showering, IMO, and knew enough he should have done more. I had wondered from the first time I had ever heard of MM if maybe he had already known the kind of guy GS is, or at least suspected. He should have manned up right then and there and helped that young boy.

At least MM did testify. That is all I can give him, though.

MOO's

MM grew up there. He had to have known some of the victims from early on. He knew some of js sons. There was some testimony of the chosen victims of js being teased by other boys, calling them butt buddies. I'm with you. I think mm suspected.something long before he witnessed the rape.

imo it wasnt football's fault, football isn't the culprit. the arkansa (sp) head coach was fired this year cause he had a mistress on the payroll, and nobody was happy about it because they WERE very happy with him. in fact some felt they might have a NC year, but still they fired him for his little indiscretion.

the villain was PENN STATE football, which was a whole lot different situation than at any other university in college football.

one road in; one road out...happy valley...where Joe Pa ruled the roost and everyone played along. an unmatched atmosphere across the land, thankfully.

He's in the State system, not the Federal system. I understand he'll initially be at Camp Hill.

I live in the Harrisburg area. He'll be in a regular prison, not especially cushy and not federal.

imo it wasnt football's fault, football isn't the culprit. the arkansa (sp) head coach was fired this year cause he had a mistress on the payroll, and nobody was happy about it because they WERE very happy with him. in fact some felt they might have a NC year, but still they fired him for his little indiscretion.

the villain was PENN STATE football, which was a whole lot different situation than at any other university in college football.

one road in; one road out...happy valley...where Joe Pa ruled the roost and everyone played along. an unmatched atmosphere across the land, thankfully.

Thanks wasn't enough for this insightful post.

In addition was JP's constant trumpeting about the clean program he ran (as opposed to, in a statement he made once, the Jackie Sherrills and Barry Switzers of football). Oh, the irony: which is worse, a drug-dealing quarterback (in Switzer's case) or a child-raping coach?

Now all PSU's filthy, nasty, reeking laundry is out in public for the whole world to see. And as has been stated here many times, JP didn't do much to send it to the wash when he had the chance.

Unfortunately, I think some PSU fans are in denial about his culpability. One of my best friends is a PSU alum, with whom I haven't dared broach the subject until this week, when I sent her an email expressing how upsetting the whole thing must be and how devastated I would be had it been my alma mater.

This is an extremely intelligent woman who has achieved great success in the business world.

Her response was that she had hardly followed the case, and she was glad JP was resting in peace and not around to see this.

I was all :what: but I just let it drop.

In addition was JP's constant trumpeting about the clean program he ran (as opposed to, in a statement he made once, the Jackie Sherrills and Barry Switzers of football). Oh, the irony: which is worse, a drug-dealing quarterback (in Switzer's case) or a child-raping coach?

Now all PSU's filthy, nasty, reeking laundry is out in public for the whole world to see. And as has been stated here many times, JP didn't do much to send it to the wash when he had the chance.

Unfortunately, I think some PSU fans are in denial about his culpability. One of my best friends is a PSU alum, with whom I haven't dared broach the subject until this week, when I sent her an email expressing how upsetting the whole thing must be and how devastated I would be had it been my alma mater.

This is an extremely intelligent woman who has achieved great success in the business world.

Her response was that she had hardly followed the case, and she was glad JP was resting in peace and not around to see this.

this is the clincher. when joe pa finally came out with a statement in a tv interview after the grand jury report, he said, " well, I just didnt even know a man could do that to another man." in other words, he played the dumb azz, senile old man card.

words fail.

He was first in his undergraduate class and earned a masters.

Hi all...I have been lurking here throughout the whole trial and I have to say how grateful I am to have followed the trial with my fellow WS! You guys are so awesome and I was happy to the point of tears at the verdict.

That said, I have something on my mind that may not be a popular opinion about MM, and his reaction to seeing V#2 being raped...

I am a 5'3" grandmother that agrees with all of you that if I had seen what he saw, I would have absolutely picked up the BIGGEST whatevertheff I could find and knocked that sicko in the head with it, then called the law after I had that boy safe in my hands. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. I absolutely agree that MM should have done MUCH MORE than he did.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but I have read that MM had known Jer for a very long time, that their families knew each other, he had grown up in the Penn State area and all. I just have always wondered, is it possible that at some point MM was a victim of JS abuse? And perhaps that is the reason for his seeming inaction? That he literally freaked because of this? I am not trying to excuse the inexcusable, but if that were the case, could it possibly cause his initial reaction to be so different from what we all say ours would have been?

Just throwing it out there...I have no idea. He should have done more. I agree completely. But I just can't shake the feeling that I have had from the beginning, that there was a reason for MM's weird reaction to witnessing this horrible event.

At any rate, HI y'all!!! Glad we got the verdict we did!:seeya:

E

Code:

I have some disturbing news for you. What a handful of evil people did at Penn State doesn't define the university and there are evil btards at your alma mater too, just like mine (Johns Hopkins and Univ of Oklahoma). Child abusers/molesters are, sadly, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr