Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on the news here last night. The case has not been widely covered on the local news, so other than a mention about the arrest and conviction, it's not news. I turned the volume down because I didn't want my son to hear it. This man is warped, but he had so much influence. It's like Russell Williams in Canada ... authority, influence and warped in a twisted way. Maybe they're examples of the highly successful sociopaths that are sometimes mentioned ... the ones that becomes corporate leaders.

All these fantasies about JS being sexually attacked in prison... Not gonna happen. First of all, he'll be kept secluded. Second, even if he wasn't, do you really think some prison dude is going to want to have sex with a 68 yr old man if there are much younger options available? And, we know there are plenty of 20 and 30-something year old men in prison. Such fiction.

I have some disturbing news for you. What a handful of evil people did at Penn State doesn't define the university and there are evil btards at your alma mater too, just like mine (Johns Hopkins and Univ of Oklahoma). Child abusers/molesters are, sadly, everywhere.

From where I'm standing, when even the President of the University was fired over this ethical breach, I'm assuming that it reflects poorly on the University as a whole ... ethically speaking.

Snipped for focus:

I firmly believe this is just an act put on to make himself seem harmless.

ETA: didn't his lawyer once characterize him as just a big overgrown kid? And wasn't that also the image Michael Jackson tried to cultivate about himself?

My take on JS is that he's emotionally stunted at the exact same age as his victims. I'm pretty convinced someone got to him when he was young - maybe an older boy, maybe some other man, but yeah - his emotional maturity stopped at around age 12. The creepy letters only confirmed it for me.

Without a doubt Sandusky will be protected in prison, well away from general population... not only for his safety, but for the good of the prison and prison guards. The guards lives are put on the line, everyday, especially when one prisoner and is attacking another. They don't want and don't need the conflict and danger.

My take on JS is that he's emotionally stunted at the exact same age as his victims. I'm pretty convinced someone got to him when he was young - maybe an older boy, maybe some other man, but yeah - his emotional maturity stopped at around age 12. The creepy letters only confirmed it for me.

Hence the reference to his dear wife (cough) as 'Sarge'. Apparently it was a tough job to keep all of that 'horseplay' between boys in check...

My impression is a big doofy learning disabled adult w/ a sex problem who is comfortable around children because he articulates so poorly, and the children are his "pool of victims". Almost like shooting fish in a barrel. He almost walks around like a head injury patient, can't believe someone like him rose to such 'power'.
Football is not big in my life or in our family so I son't understand the hype and fervor over a football team, so over-the-top that a coach (or whatever his title was) is revered and protected when he is raping children trusted to his care.
Glad he's in jail now, and don't everyone get too upset when he's sent to a cushy federal prison in PA. where they have golf and pleasant mountain views for the inmates. Sorry.

edited to add: Here's the prison I was referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Correctional_Complex,_Allenwood

He was first in his undergraduate class and earned a masters.

I always thought Jerry Sandusky was immature despite having normal intelligence. The immaturity is what pops out of him. He is emotionally stunted and acts like an overgrown tween or teen. His immaturity is what explains his narcissism, controlling, meddling, and nosy. He is a psychopath and devoid of empathy, yet he presents himself as friendly and not emotionally cold. Sandusky is no doubt a social climber and likes being of higher social status. He reminds me of Bernie Madoff, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Eric Harris, and Charles Manson. They are narcissistic, psychopathic, controlling, deviant, and immature. They go after people who are dependent and disturbed.

From where I'm standing, when even the President of the University was fired over this ethical breach, I'm assuming that it reflects poorly on the University as a whole ... ethically speaking.

You should avoid reading about our civil rights leaders' ethics if you believe a leader's sins reflect poorly on their constituents as a whole. Hold each person accountable for their own sins.

Fixated pedos lack the interpersonal skills of adults and may not be interested in developing such behaviors. They use their honed childlike interpersonal skills to gain control of children/their victims. Think of their childlike behavior as a predatory adaptation.

this is the clincher. when joe pa finally came out with a statement in a tv interview after the grand jury report, he said, " well, I just didnt even know a man could do that to another man." in other words, he played the dumb azz, senile old man card.

words fail.

Indeed. There's no way anyone reaches that age and doesn't know a man can do that to another man. And JP proved to the end that he wasn't senile, with his preemptive statement to try to save his own azz that he would retire at the end of the season, right before the university sacked him.

O/T I made a decision today to never to refer to him as JoePa again. I've read that was a nickname given to him affectionately as a father figure to PSU students, football players or not.

And he failed spectacularly to act as a father figure to Sandusky's victims.

So that nickname is IMO just another lie.

Thanks for your thoughts Kimmera. It is possible, but I don't think it is likely. Js went got boys without fathers. MM doesn't fit the profile if the boys he found.

I would like to think this mess was just a "perfect storm", as it were. For this to go on for decades (I truly believe Jerry has been raping boys since his teens), Jerry had to be very smart (setting up his own "victim factory"), and very lucky (JoePa, Curley, Schultz, Mcqueary et al being such cowards they wouldn't go to the authorities). It was just pure, dumb luck this went on for so long. I could probably throw a beer can out my window, and hit someone who would have been more proactive than any of them.
Just like the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal, this situation underscores how dangerous it it is to just trust that men in positions of authority will do the right thing. There HAS to be accoutability, thats why I hope Curley and Schultz loose thier pensions, and get some prison time. Just to send a message to every last teacher, coach, camp counselor, doctor, nurse, clergyman, ect that silence will not be tolerated.
JMO

Indeed. There's no way anyone reaches that age and doesn't know a man can do that to another man. And JP proved to the end that he wasn't senile, with his preemptive statement to try to save his own azz that he would retire at the end of the season, right before the university sacked him.

O/T I made a decision today to never to refer to him as JoePa again. I've read that was a nickname given to him affectionately as a father figure to PSU students, football players or not.

And he failed spectacularly to act as a father figure to Sandusky's victims.

So that nickname is IMO just another lie

BBM.
Well put, Izzyblanche. Time for that statue to come down, too. I understand respecting his coaching abilities, but revering him has to end. Great coach, not-so-great man.
JMO

Without a doubt Sandusky will be protected in prison, well away from general population... not only for his safety, but for the good of the prison and prison guards. The guards lives are put on the line, everyday, especially when one prisoner and is attacking another. They don't want and don't need the conflict and danger.

I would expect that there are a number of victims of that type of crime in prison.

You should avoid reading about our civil rights leaders' ethics if you believe a leader's sins reflect poorly on their constituents as a whole. Hold each person accountable for their own sins.

That's the problem. The President of the University is the voice of the University. If he was ethically at fault, then there's a problem. He not only speaks for the institution, but he upholds (rather, should uphold) the standards of the institution. If he is morally corrupt, and the problem links all the way to the sports department, then one could assume that it's a widespread problem.

I have some disturbing news for you. What a handful of evil people did at Penn State doesn't define the university and there are evil btards at your alma mater too, just like mine (Johns Hopkins and Univ of Oklahoma). Child abusers/molesters are, sadly, everywhere.

I am sorry if I am being uncomprehending (iow DUMB)

1. Did I imply that what a handful of evil people did at PSU defines the university? If so, then I was unclear. I believe nothing of the sort.

2. I recognize that there are evil btards at my alma mater too, but AFAIK none of their transgressions have involved child rape and/or the covering up of child rape.

If any credible allegations of either arise (particularly the coverup) as they did in this case, then I will turn on my alma mater in a New York minute.

Before this I believed the Joe Paterno legend that painted him as a morally straight shooter.

But that image does not in any way jibe with him being informed of a possible case of child rape and not taking it to higher authorities when the ones he reported it to did nothing to put a stop to it.

All these fantasies about JS being sexually attacked in prison... Not gonna happen. First of all, he'll be kept secluded. Second, even if he wasn't, do you really think some prison dude is going to want to have sex with a 68 yr old man if there are much younger options available? And, we know there are plenty of 20 and 30-something year old men in prison. Such fiction.

rape in prison isn't just about pleasure but about power, just like rape in the outside world. even if it is rape with an object. i've heard on one occasion of a murderer who raped and killed a prisoned paedophile. the murderer was in for life w/o parole who admitted to having been a victim of child rape and raped the paedophile with an object. i believe it was done while the paedophile was being moved from cells while a guard wasn't looking.
that is the only case i've heard of but i'm sure it happens a bit more then we think.

well Pensfan, its not after all "each person" that is going to be held accountable in this sordid mess. the people involved were representatives and officers of the Penn State University. The University understands its culpability well enough, even if many of its "constituents" do not.

when I say "the University" I mean the folks in charge nowadays who authorized the recent press release which indicates the Universities willingness to settle the civil suits associated with Sandusky.

nevertheless if I am one of the survivors attys I advise against settlement as I am pretty sure the University is seeking to minimize its actual potential liability.

methinks they are looking to get away with payments in the range of $1,000,000 per individual. I would be looking to settle more like in the range of $50,000,000 for my client. and that would be my end number. They arent gonna go for that of course. They are looking for pennies on the dollar, as one might expect.

im pretty sure their insurance companies, having seen the writing on the wall so to speak are behind the initiative as the result of an unusual but realistic assessment of their situation.

its just a whole lot worse than most imagine.

we'll see what happens.

well Pensfan, its not after all "each person" that is going to be held accountable in this sordid mess. the people involved were representatives and officers of the Penn State University. The University understands its culpability well enough, even if many of its "constituents" do not.

when I say "the University" I mean the folks in charge nowadays who authorized the recent press release which indicates the Universities willingness to settle the civil suits associated with Sandusky.

nevertheless if I am one of the survivors attys I advise against settlement as I am pretty sure the University is seeking to minimize its actual potential liability.

methinks they are looking to get away with payments in the range of $1,000,000 per individual. I would be looking to settle more like in the range of $50,000,000 for my client. and that would be my end number. They arent gonna go for that of course. They are looking for pennies on the dollar, as one might expect.

im pretty sure their insurance companies, having seen the writing on the wall so to speak are behind the initiative as the result of an unusual but realistic assessment of their situation.

its just a whole lot worse than most imagine.

we'll see what happens.

I do believe the amount of the settlement is not the only thing PSU would like to control in its invitation to the victims. The University would also like this to all be settled outside a court of law.

Enjoy your posts.

jmo

i don't know why the media is putting on so much stigma on the victims who potentially are looking for some sort of compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper