Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Jerry, I'd have offed myself when this whole thing started, just to save my family the grief and shame of a trial, not to mention the money being spent on defense attorneys.

The thing is, he doesn't think he did anything wrong. It's love and father-figuring, in his mind. And what's really frightening? It's in so many other pedophile's minds, too. "I don't feel guilty, so why am I here?"

if sandusky IS sent to prison, i can see him killing himself within the first 2 years.

Hopefully he'll not succeed on the first few attempts if this is the case, though as many others have speculated, I doubt he'll ever think he did anything wrong, so it may not even occur to him. More likely we'll get reports of how he's being "unfairly persecuted".

Matt is truly brave because by doing what he has, he's probably cutting ties with an awful lot of his family and friends (good riddance though it may be.). More power to him and his.

Matt’s biological brother, Ron Heichel, remembers being a teenager in the 1990s and trying to reach Matt at the Sandusky home.

Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, answered the phone.

“And she said, ‘He’s not your brother anymore.’ This was before he was even adopted,” he said.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/jerry_sandusky_adopted_son_had.html

Nice lady...no wonder she's called "Sarge" moo

I wonder if this was Dottie trying to alienate the poor kid from his family, so that he couldn't tell them what was happening there. I swear that woman is as wicked as JS.

The thing is, he doesn't think he did anything wrong. It's love and father-figuring, in his mind. And what's really frightening? It's in so many other pedophile's minds, too. "I don't feel guilty, so why am I here?"

Maybe he'll take a plea bargain. It is slightly worse to be an incestuous child molester that an average run-of-the-mill child molester.

What's going to be very frustrating is when we hear they've reached a verdict and it takes over an hour for us to find out what it is! I wonder why the tight secrecy the judge is demanding?

I think she knew what was going on and was just a sicko perv like her creepy husband. Can't wait to hear a guilty verdict for both of them.

I think they're both sadists. jmo

What's going to be very frustrating is when we hear they've reached a verdict and it takes over an hour for us to find out what it is! I wonder why the tight secrecy the judge is demanding?

No verdict.

RT @RockCenterNBC: MT @tvkatesnow Sandusky accuser: if Sandusky were in front of him he'd punch him in the mouth. More @nbcnightlynews & ...
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 3:58 PM

As @phall215 observed, this might be the strangest small town in America at moment. Deliberations in main CH, Russian mob trial next door.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 3:57 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yTIlod2b

I like this one:

Kelly‏@DrKellyWelch

How is it possible that the #Sandusky jury has been out for 3 hours? How hard is it to check "guilty"??!!

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

3m Jeffro‏@daseedboy

How long before #Sandusky gets ordained?

Expand

3m NBC News‏@NBCNews

RT @MAlexJohnson: Thousands of tweets are flying by urging #Sandusky jurors to convict. They're sequestered and don't have access to Twitter

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

long story about Matt's background and how he came to live with JS.
wow - I hadn't seen this one

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/jerry_sandusky_adopted_son_had.html

From the above link:

Matt’s biological brother, Ron Heichel, remembers being a teenager in the 1990s and trying to reach Matt at the Sandusky home.

Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, answered the phone.

“And she said, ‘He’s not your brother anymore.’ This was before he was even adopted,” he said.

:maddening:

Edit: agh Boots beat me to it. At any rate, what a horrible thing to say.

You should follow some of the Canadian trials. We get those all the time.

We have to rely on tweets and court room sketches. I sympathize with you. It is very frustrating indeed!

Old picture of Jerry "working" with kids-- looks like the late 80's to me (I think I'm seeing fluffy bangs, shoulder pads, and scrunchy ponytails on the women in the background). Just thought it was interesting, and 25 years old or more.

I'm a little fascinated that Matt S. is their youngest child at 33... if they adopted him when he was 11 ( is that right?), that puts all their older children at the beginning of their enterprising foster/adoption years. I do marvel at the gender disparity between boys and girls... usually adopted families achieve a balance. MOO

Meanwhile...in Bellefonte 2012

The @PatriotNews crew working on something big at Cool Beans - turns out it was the Matt #Sandusky scoop. p.twimg.com
by cvmikesisak via twitter 4:13 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yTMrAm7M

Attachments

• article-2155148-13789398000005DC-605_634x408.jpg
    article-2155148-13789398000005DC-605_634x408.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Av8xa60CEAA_ovc.jpg
    Av8xa60CEAA_ovc.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
All my husband wants to know is: What did the Jury eat for dinner?

He's obsessed with this now. Does anyone know? :floorlaugh:

I'm a little fascinated that Matt S. is their youngest child at 33... if they adopted him when he was 11 ( is that right?)

From what I've read, he was their foster child and when he turned 18 they adopted him....

All my husband wants to know is: What did the Jury eat for dinner?

He's obsessed with this now. Does anyone know? :floorlaugh:

He must be hungry and maybe a little neglected? :floorlaugh:

He must be hungry and maybe a little neglected? :floorlaugh:

Nope - my daughter and I managed to cook a big dinner even while reading Twitter! We even had peaches and ice cream for dessert, LOL.

My husband is just obsessed with food. :cupcake: He never goes hungry because of Websleuths, although he brings home the food several times a week too.

(Also we have to cook every night because we have 16 and 22-year-old boys who eat us out of house and home.)

I wonder how the jurors are approaching their task. How are they organizing the information? Did they take a vote before discussing, just to get the temperature of the room on each charge? (That in itself would be a time-consuming task.) 48 charges, 8 testifying victims. Are they going down the line charge by charge? Taking the prosecution's presentation of victim testimony in order and addressing the charges appended to each in turn? What about character witnesses, or MM & Mr. Calhoun? It's an immense amount of information to sift through.

If you were elected foreperson on this jury, how would you organize the information and order/manage the discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7