Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------
There are 5 boys, wouldnt be surprised if a couple more come through. Sometimes one person has to break the ice..I knew this would come out at one point or another. Why so many boys adopted and only one girl? I also think it will help Matt to get this off his chest.:seeya:

PS. Hope he doesnt think this isnt incest, I believe it is..Trying to remember Woody A..

I think Matt needs to not only expose Jer but Dottie too!

Imo, she was an enabler and allowed this to go on.

I have read about so many children who were raped inside their own homes and their mothers turned a blind eye to it all or if the child told the mother then she accused them of lying. So sad and tragic.

IMO

I won't engage in any jury bashing. These are long and complex charges. There are a few that I probably would vote not guilty on (Victim 8).

There is that one charge for Victim 6, "Indecent Assault" that I would probably need some convincing on before I would vote guilty. That one is just a misdemeanor. Think about that, I probably know the details of that almost as well as the jurors, I think Sandusky did it, I think Gricar was wrong for not pursuing this in 1998, and I would still need some convincing on that single charge.

Most of you have been following the Sandusky case since it started; I've been following elements of this case since before it started. I'd still need some convincing.

Oh, and for the record, I had jerk chicken, beans and rice, mac and cheese, and sweet potatoes for supper.

I don't see any jury bashing. :waitasec:

As a jury foreperson, I would take a vote and then if anyone is still undecided, would ask what they required to help them with their decision. Yes, that is a heck of a lot of information to sift through. Hopefully, it will be just a minor detail that needs clarification.

How many forms do they have to fill out? Is it one form per charge?

My concern is some of the jurors have ties to Penn State. Are any of you concerned about that? Wasn't the alternate juror who just recently filled for one of the jurors connected somehow to JS?

Right, but Jerry just spoke at her graduation ceremony.

However, though I was at first concerned about the ties so many jurors had with Penn State, I now believe that fact works against Jerry: he harmed the reputation of the school, of JoePa, was responsible for massive upheaval in the alumni community and threatened the good standing of the university for future enrollments/recruitment. Ultimately, the best thing for the town, the college, the football seasons of the future, is for Jerry Sandusky to be removed from the public memory as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Yeah, I think it really works against him to have Penn State lovers on the panel. mo

My concern is some of the jurors have ties to Penn State. Are any of you concerned about that? Wasn't the alternate juror who just recently filled for one of the jurors connected somehow to JS?

Class of 2007. Sandusky spoke at her commencement.

I think all were but the girl. But I truly think the 5 boys were sexually abused.

Same here. I know there is no girls who are victims, but I have wonder about her.

Right, but Jerry just spoke at her graduation ceremony.

However, though I was at first concerned about the ties so many jurors had with Penn State, I now believe that fact works against Jerry: he harmed the reputation of the school, of JoePa, was responsible for massive upheaval in the alumni community and threatened the good standing of the university for future enrollments/recruitment. Ultimately, the best thing for the town, the college, the football seasons of the future, is for Jerry Sandusky to be removed from the public memory as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Yeah, I think it really works against him to have Penn State lovers on the panel. mo

The people connected to Penn State would be angry at Jerry Sandusky for ruining its reputation and firing of Joe Paterno. Sandusky only cares for himself. He did not care when Paterno was fired.

The fact that Jerry Sandusky spoke at any school as a graduation speaker speaks volumes regarding the conspiracy of silence the went on at Penn State to protect Sandusky.

FWIW, I'm a PSU Alumni. I'm beyond disgusted by all of this. Embarrassed to admit where I earned my diploma.

Sara Ganim is from my former home town's local paper so I've been with this from the beginning.

I can also say that one of the alumni FB accounts "reports" that the jury had requested that the hotel rooms for tonight be cancelled.

I haven't seen it from any "legit" sources, but thought I'd mention it FWIW

*praying for justice for the children*

Hi, I'm a new member, but have a question for the better informed.
Why couldn't Matt Sandusky's testimony have been used to rebutt Dottie's testimony. Matt would have been around victim 4 at least and possibly more victims. She made several declarative statements such as kids only staying once or twice a month, she did go down into the basement with Sandusky was there with kids, no one ate in the basement, etc... If he could have refuted these or anything else it would have discredited her as a witness. As a juror I would have found the Sandusky's son testimony very powerful even if he couldn't have addressed his own abuse.

The people connected to Penn State would be angry at Jerry Sandusky for ruining its reputation and firing of Joe Paterno. Sandusky only cares for himself. He did not care when Paterno was fired.

Nobody at Penn State wants to see it recast as Central Pennsylvania Gothic. Sandusky, even if innocent, has done that, through his admitted actions.

Why couldn't Matt Sandusky's testimony have been used to rebutt Dottie's testimony. Matt would have been around victim 4 at least and possibly more victims. She made several declarative statements such as kids only staying once or twice a month, she did go down into the basement with Sandusky was there with kids, no one ate in the basement, etc... If he could have refuted these or anything else it would have discredited her as a witness. As a juror I would have found the Sandusky's son testimony very powerful even if he couldn't have addressed his own abuse.

It gives the prosecution another shot at convicting him. There is with B. K. as well, though it would be on lesser charges.

And, welcome aboard! :)

FWIW, I'm a PSU Alumni. I'm beyond disgusted by all of this. Embarrassed to admit where I earned my diploma.

Sara Ganim is from my former home town's local paper so I've been with this from the beginning.

I can also say that one of the alumni FB accounts "reports" that the jury had requested that the hotel rooms for tonight be cancelled.

I haven't seen it from any "legit" sources, but thought I'd mention it FWIW

*praying for justice for the children*

There were some tweets. I'm Class of '85.

:welcome3:

:greetings:

Good to see some new faces--er, avatars!--joining the conversation. Thanks for posting with us!

Supposedly MS only contacted the prosecution team yesterday. I am not sure if I believe this, but I am sending mental hugs and applause
for MS admitting this horror occurred to him by his adopted dad.

With the newest accusations, will Sandusky be able to be taken to court in civil matters when/if new accusers not involved in the criminal trial appear? Also is there a general idea of any possible charges that can be brought against his wife? TIA

Here is my two cents on Matt and why he wasnt called...and I am a layperson fwiw. I dont think that the DA could have him testify unless he was deposed by the defense. Legal eagles help me out. Now, they can call him as a rebuttal witness which was a great strategy. Matt was for sure the smoking gun, imo. God Bless him for coming forward, and btw this is why the investigators for Victim number 4 (iirc) told him about the others and their accusations. Because then other victims know they are not alone.

Nope - my daughter and I managed to cook a big dinner even while reading Twitter! We even had peaches and ice cream for dessert, LOL.

My husband is just obsessed with food. :cupcake: He never goes hungry because of Websleuths, although he brings home the food several times a week too.

(Also we have to cook every night because we have 16 and 22-year-old boys who eat us out of house and home.)

You're better than me, I fried some bacon and called it BLT night :D He knew what to expect, he's been through verdict watches with me before. BTW... he's saying GUILTY, along with some words that I can't type here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7