Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could. I wish I had an answer.

J.J. would you mind posting the link again. The one you posted a while back about Gricar's disappearance? I wasn't able to look at it, at the time, and I have no idea where it is now.

:please:

It could. I wish I had an answer.

It makes you wonder. I mean, it wasn't too long after he decided not to pursue charges that he disappeared, was it?

Do you think some over zealous Booster paid him to go away or more directly paid him to keep quiet and go away? Or do you think it more nefarious, and that some one with the program had him "done in" so that it wouldn't taint the program?

<snipped for focus>

So this indicates they are hung up on the incident MM walked in on... now, did they start with this incident, or have they already gone through the charges they all agreed on? :waitasec:

They could be stuck on it because technically MM didn't actually witness the act but only heard the sounds of it.

I have no doubt. He probably started pretty young. Maybe in his teens or tweens.

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html

He was an only child, but at the Bug House he never lacked for company. One of his constant companions was a mentally challenged boy everyone called Big Ern. "I used to take Ernie to the movies or we'd go swimming together, and I taught him how to play basketball," he recalls in the book.

I wonder what became of Ernie.

:banghead:
I don't know about you, but it seems RIDICULOUS to me that they want to go over the McQueary testimony. Whether it's unclear what he "saw", there are still all of those victims who were able to testify IN GREAT DETAIL about what he "didn't see"....the amount of specific, detailed evidence seems insurmountable. I was thinking perhaps they are discussing the merits of testimony about one victim or incident, but then no, because that victim has not been located. So who cares HOW it was reported or WHO told or didn't tell...the fact is...IT HAPPENED....to more than one victim and in numerous places, times and types of inappropriate encounters and sexual acts. !!!!!!!!!

That's not a big deal they just have to go through the charges as separate line items. This has no bearing- directly- with the other charges. Seeing as how there was so much controversy and so many unknowns or unprovables with this particular part I don't see it as a surprise.

<snipped for focus>

So this indicates they are hung up on the incident MM walked in on... now, did they start with this incident, or have they already gone through the charges they all agreed on? :waitasec:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I know McQ didn't actually see anything but it's NOT like you can mistake or misunderstand a grown man up behind a little boy who had his hands up against the wall.

I have no doubt. He probably started pretty young. Maybe in his teens or tweens.

Ayup.

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html

He was an only child, but at the Bug House he never lacked for company. One of his constant companions was a mentally challenged boy everyone called Big Ern. "I used to take Ernie to the movies or we'd go swimming together, and I taught him how to play basketball," he recalls in the book.

I wonder what became of Ernie.

I think this "mentally challenged" boy from his childhood is probably his first victim. moo :moo:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I know McQ didn't actually see anything but it's NOT like you can mistake or misunderstand a grown man up behind a little boy who had his hands up against the wall.

Maybe they, the jurors, just want to absorb or point out to other jurors, the details of what McQ testified to and follow that up with what Dranov said about how McQ was so upset - seems to be this might be validation rather than dismissive.

Why are they are going to wait until court is adjourned to announce the verdict-is it for safety reasons?

The Judge this morning dropped the three charges of "deviate sexual intercourse" on Victim 4's charges.........So what do they want to hear in regards to the remaining #4 charges??

I think it is only expected that since the higher ups didn't feel this was worth reporting that they are looking at it from all angles. Since they haven't found this child, I am sure the jury is wondering why. Even if they don't convict on this, there are many other charges. I just hope that the one juror, #7 I think? is not going to hang this jury.

I am completely DELIGHTED the jury is scrutinizing McQueary's victim-- they will most likely ask themselves why the defense ignore the opportunity to call identify him and call him as a witness to refute the charges. It's a gaping hole in that parade of character witnesses.

Plus, they'll be perfectly fresh in the morning, sharp and ready to work.

:coffeews:

GREAT QUESTION! My feeling is that they kept Matt aside in check, just in case this jury came back with an acquittal....re-try the S.O.B. and see how Dottie gets around "not knowing" then!

It is my understanding that he just approached the prosecutor today? Is that wrong?

I think it is only expected that since the higher ups didn't feel this was worth reporting that they are looking at it from all angles. Since they haven't found this child, I am sure the jury is wondering why. Even if they don't convict on this, there are many other charges. I just hope that the one juror, #7 I think? is not going to hang this jury.

But from last year's debacle I'd settle for a hung jury over an acquittal. I know that sounds sad but it's the truth I think for many last years verdict has us biting nails even more during verdict watch. You just never know what a jury is gonna do.

But from last year's debacle I'd settle for a hung jury over an acquittal. I know that sounds sad but it's the truth I think for many last years verdict has us biting nails even more during verdict watch. You just never know what a jury is gonna do.

Not me. This needs to be done, imo. I am nervous about the one juror.

It is my understanding that he just approached the prosecutor today? Is that wrong?

"BELLEFONTE -- Matt Sandusky, through his attorney Andrew Shubin, said that he met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he is a molestation victim of Jerry Sandusky, his adopted father. Matt, 33, was adopted by Jerry and Dottie Sandusky as an adult, after going to live with the family as a foster child."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/attorney_for_jerry_sanduskys_a.html

Not me. This needs to be done, imo. I am nervous about the one juror.

As were we with the Casey Anthony trial. Turns out it wasn't just one juror we had to worry about but the entire lot of them.

You just never know what a jury is going to do. It's helpful that this jury hasn't been completely sequestered since day one and this trial hasn't been as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3