Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents about why Matt didn't testify: he wasn't part of the "Second Mile" group, and they didn't want to confuse the Jurors.

We know there are other victims, because during Weaver's interview last night they mentioned a "second group of men" that the Pros held back in case of a mistrial or possibly to refute testimony from the Defense (if they had put forth any, which they didn't).

If Jerry is put away for good till the end of his days, there's no need to drag Matt or these other guys through a trial. But there's also no reason for them to stay silent if they feared retribution from Jerry because he will probably be convicted.

If by some bizarre chance he isn't convicted, it's still good that they spoke out now so they can get protection from Jerry.

I thought Matt WAS a second mile victim. His home life was troubled which is how Jer managed to get him as a foster and adopt him. His mom still had visits and said after he moved in with Sarge Dot and Jer that he really started acting out on his visits at home. In end he asked gone adopted by them. But you wonder what they did to get him to say that. Poor kid. I'm sure the other adopted sons were abused too. Probably ignored Kara just as he did Sargent Dot. I hope the other sons will speak out and stop being Jer and Dot's victims

Ohhhhh, thanks Bayou! I am up relaxing for the weekend in Highlands NC sitting by a stream and in nature, so that Mimosa is perfect timing, thanks!

Apparently it sucks to be you :floorlaugh: Enjoy. I remember you and bayouland from the CA nightmare.

Dottie ‘Sarge’ Sandusky a loyal wife in husband’s defense

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/06/22/2149739/dottie-sarge-sandusky-a-loyal.html#storylink=cpy

eta: I'm linking up the love letters again, I didn't get a chance to peruse yesterday and I'm probably not alone-- stuff was moving sooooo fast!

Full Text of the Sandusky “Love Letters”

Posted on: 9:47 am, June 22, 2012, by Jon Meyer, updated on: 09:56am, June 22, 2012

http://wnep.com/2012/06/22/full-text-of-the-sandusky-love-letters/

Matt came to Jerry via Second Mile. His bio mom tried to prevent the adoption based upon her belief that Matt was being abused. I dont know how or why her parental rights were terminated, but someone is going to have to pay for that decision I suspect.

I dont believe that Sarge did not know Matt was being sexually assaulted. I dont believe that for a hot second. I suspect he told her and she hated him for ripping off the mask. That is what I believe.

My heart breaks for all of you who have been victims in this fashion-you are incredibly brave to share with us.

Good morning everyone :coffeews:

It troubles me they wanted those two testimonies read. It could put them in a he said / he said position.

LOL I cant remember the exact number but i do know they had no bio children. No idea on the stats you asked either but a great question. Sorry.

Thanks Bravo! I wonder if the no bios bc they had an asexual marriage or if they are infertile. Sad thing is hey brought those kids in and killed them inside. Tragic.

Matt came to Jerry via Second Mile. His bio mom tried to prevent the adoption based upon her belief that Matt was being abused. I dont know how or why her parental rights were terminated, but someone is going to have to pay for that decision I suspect.

I dont believe that Sarge did not know Matt was being sexually assaulted. I dont believe that for a hot second. I suspect he told her and she hated him for ripping off the mask. That is what I believe.

My heart breaks for all of you who have been victims in this fashion-you are incredibly brave to share with us.

Her parental were never terminated. Which is why they couldn't legal adopt him until he reached 18.

Deadspin ‏@Deadspin

Report: Prosecutors have more victims ready to come forward if Jerry Sandusky is acquitted. http://deadsp.in/YpjK

~~~

Ross Levitt ‏@cnnross

During the read back of the McQueary testimony Dottie #Sandusky was in court, the first time she was hearing the testimony.

~~~

Outside The Lines ‏@OTLonESPN

The jurors took copious notes as they listened to the reading of the transcripts. Sandusky paid close attention.

~~~

Nabil K. Mark ‏@NabilKMark

Jerry #Sandusky and Dottie as well as Joe Amendola just left courthouse

~~~

Yes with new victims they can. Double jeopardy only applies to any charges and victims in THIS trial. In Darlie Routier's case (she stabbed her 5 and 7 year old sons to death) they only tried her for the younger boy so that if the jury acquitted they could try her against the older boy.

Is it true that all the Sandusky children were adopted? Or are any of them their bio kids? Do we have any idea of how many fosters they took in (and murdered the souls of) over the years? I'd be interested to know how many fosters and the ratio of boy to girl fosters that they took. I think Jer's predilection meant that Sargent Dot was just a "beard" and I think she was just fine with that. At one time she probably thought Jer would take over for JoePa and she would be the reigning Mrs. Penn State a la SuePa. Her lifestyle and aspirations allowed her to turn her blind, greedy, soulless eye to what went on in that basement of horrors.

There are NO bio children..JS talks in his book about how they couldn't have children of their own so decided to adopt. Not sure how many foster kids altogether they took before they started the 2nd Mile. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they adopted 5 boys, including Matt, and 1 girl.

Activity in the Courtroom per InSession.

interesting...anybody know what federal laws might be violated by taking a minor across state lines and sexually abusing them in a different state?

what about sex trafficking laws? do they apply only to commerce? im gonna google.

I don't think it's sex trafficking they are looking at, but a type of kidnapping since that boy was dependent on Jerry to get him back home, and was threatened several times. From what I understood, it's the fact that he was sort of being held hostage in a hotel by an adult who might or might not have let the child call his real parents.

As the McQueary testimony was read (remember Mike McQueary said he saw Sandusky molesting a boy in the Penn State showers), jurors 9, 10, 11, and 12 seemed to be taking a lot of notes.

Reporter Matt Barcaro said that throughout much of the trial Juror 4 (a male, upper-middle aged engineer) has sat straight up...but at times during this re-read, he leaned forward.

McQueary: there was not hard or fast movement when I saw them, on the defendant’s part. But Sandusky’s midsection was moving subtly.

(Jury taking the most notes when it came to 1) the narrative of the incident, 2) what McQueary said he told his family about what he saw).
by WGAL6/22/2012 3:15:49 PM 8:15 AM

When defense attorney Karl Rominer reads the cross-examination when he asked McQueary what he told his dad…the jury is not taking notes at this point.

For the reading of the Dranov testimony, defense attorney Joe Amendola sat in the witness box and read Dranov's portions. Defense attorney Karl Rominger read his own part.

Jurors 4, 8, 9, 10, 11 are the ones taking notes when it gets to the part when Dranov describes what McQueary said to him about the shower incident.
by WGAL6/22/2012 3:20:10 PM 8:20 AM

Good morning everyone :coffeews:

It troubles me they wanted those two testimonies read. It could put them in a he said / he said position.

I understand your thought but I feel the testimonies are not at odds with one another, and the bonus was the Dranov said McQ was VERY shaken up and out of character. It was the aftermath/shock phase. Mind you I still think McQ failed that poor boy and should have done more to protect him

I took care of my household chores before turning on the computer this morning. I missed breakfast and wondered what we're having for lunch; I'm getting hungry :)

Can't wait for all the ways they're gonna slander Matt Sandusky now that he's come out as a victim once the gag order is not in effect. :/ This is exactly why people are so hard pressed to come forward in cases of sexual abuse or rape. :/

I do hope not. I believe that there are so very many people that are victims of sexual abuse. I know that I have kept my secrets all my life, and never shared with another living soul my experiences. I have put it out of my mind and really never tinkk about the past. Yep,I do have What many would recognize as residual symptoms, such as a very heightened startle reflex, and you better not touch my neck or I will REFLEXIVELY take my and and try to scratch your face. I am sure that there are many WSers who nhave had it happent to them but have compartmentaized it as I have.

Jerry and Dotty left the courthouse with Amendola according to several reporters. Now maybe they are just going to lunch, since it's that time of day, or maybe he is explaining to them what will happen during and after the verdict is read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member