People Magazine article about Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't see the significance at first either. Thought it was silly. Was the kitty a suspect? LOL. But as we picked the details apart I realized it wasn't plausible to bring a probably dirty kitty into the house and sleep with it. It was then I realized how all details for the evening were basically missing. Saying you were drunk and in a black out just isn't enough to cover it. There may have even been other people there. People who don't want to be involved. I learned from the Haleigh Cummings case how it's not illegal to lie to the media or the public. There is definitely something missing besides Lisa. Either it was made up as a warm cuddly story or there are details left out for some reason. That's what makes it significant IMO.

Did DB ever really say that she had blacked out? I thought that a reporter had asked her whether she had had enough to drink that she could have blacked out and she said it was possible. I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought the reporter had raised the theory that she had passed out and she just said it was a possibility.

Weren't the initial reports regarding the phones that she was transferring data from her "broken" phone onto one that had been given to her to use? And that the phones were "charging" on the kitchen counter? Is it possible to transfer data from or onto a phone that has no service?

:waitasec:

I took the 'transferring' thing to mean that she was just manually entering numbers/contacts from old phones into her new phone. I don't think you need to have service to do that, you just have to have a phone that's charged. I rarely use a cell phone, so I'm not sure.

Weren't the initial reports regarding the phones that she was transferring data from her "broken" phone onto one that had been given to her to use? And that the phones were "charging" on the kitchen counter? Is it possible to transfer data from or onto a phone that has no service?

:waitasec:

MarthaM is correct. Transferring numbers could mean just taking the numbers from your old cell phone and entering them into the new one. Normally, the cell store can do this for you, but if your phone is old, loaned or borrowed, you might do it yourself. It would have to be charged.

911 can always be called from any cell phone, if restricted or disconnected.

MarthaM is correct. Transferring numbers could mean just taking the numbers from your old cell phone and entering them into the new one. Normally, the cell store can do this for you, but if your phone is old, loaned or borrowed, you might do it yourself. It would have to be charged.

911 can always be called from any cell phone, if restricted or disconnected.

It appears all of the phones were unusable. For what purpose was she transferring these numbers from one unusable cell phone to another? She couldn't either make or receive calls.

It appears all of the phones were unusable. For what purpose was she transferring these numbers from one unusable cell phone to another? She couldn't either make or receive calls.

I can try and find a link but if I remember correctly, one phone was broken and she had a new phone. (maybe from a family member??? I don't remember.)

Maybe they were planning on paying the bill as soon as JI got paid from his contract job? That's just speculation on my part though. MOO

Maybe because she was planning to activate service on one of those phones in the future and wanted all the phone numbers on that one phone?

I didn't see the significance at first either. Thought it was silly. Was the kitty a suspect? LOL. But as we picked the details apart I realized it wasn't plausible to bring a probably dirty kitty into the house and sleep with it. It was then I realized how all details for the evening were basically missing. Saying you were drunk and in a black out just isn't enough to cover it. There may have even been other people there. People who don't want to be involved. I learned from the Haleigh Cummings case how it's not illegal to lie to the media or the public. There is definitely something missing besides Lisa. Either it was made up as a warm cuddly story or there are details left out for some reason. That's what makes it significant IMO.

:thumb:

This is definitely one of those things where everyone is different. When my daughter was young, many of us with small children would sit outside for hours in the evening. Many of my neighbors drank too - mostly beer and wine coolers. I personally didn't but one couple were definitely alcoholics and would drink a 24-pack between them in a normal evening. They never neglected their kid. She was always clean, well fed, and seemed relatively happy. No one ever felt a need to call social services on them, and believe me - in that neighborhood, people would have.

So, even though I don't drink, I don't think that drinking automatically makes a person a bad parent. And even though I don't particularly like socializing, it doesn't seem weird to me that the neighbor would be there all evening - no husbands, feed all the kids at one house and just talk about the kids or whatever while drinking some wine.

I like you. You seem to be a very non-judgemental person. Especially since you don't drink, you don't automatically condemn parents that do,nor think when a parent does around their chidren, who sometimes get a little intoxicated they are terrible, negligent parents. Parents that drink, often don't set out to get drunk. Sometimes, good times, good company makes time fly by faster, and we make mistakes. Not any worse then a mother that may spend way too much time then planned on sites like WS not drinking but not watching the children as closely as they should.

Always enjoy your posts Karmaa.:)

This may have been mentioned and, if so, it may have been discounted as irrelevant. BUT -- in reading the print edition of the People magazine article about Baby Lisa, the following statement appears:

"Irwin called 911 on a work phone he had borrowed."

(from People, October 31, 2011, p. 50)

It seems kind of "out of the blue" in the context of the paragraph in which the statement appeared. (Later on, the article does go on to say the couple's three cell phones, left in the kitchen, were apparently taken that night.)

I wonder -- when -- and from whom -- Jeremy "borrowed" this "work phone?" Earlier in that same article it was reported that Jeremy hadn't been able to let Debbie know when he'd be home (because his cell phone's service was cut off due to non-payment of the bill), as a way of explaining why she didn't worry when he was "late," i.e., not home at his expected arrival time of -- I think -- 3:00 a.m.

But if he had borrowed a work phone, he could have let her know! Is this phone related in any way to the 2:38 a.m. call? Has LE traced calls on this borrowed phone?

So, what is going on here? Bad reporting? Another conflicting statement?

MOO. TIA for your comments. . . .

This may have been mentioned and, if so, it may have been discounted as irrelevant. BUT -- in reading the print edition of the People magazine article about Baby Lisa, the following statement appears:

"Irwin called 911 on a work phone he had borrowed."

(from People, October 31, 2011, p. 50)

It seems kind of "out of the blue" in the context of the paragraph in which the statement appeared. Later on, the article does go on to say the couple's three cell phones, left in the kitchen, were apparently taken that night.

I wonder -- when -- and from whom -- Jeremy "borrowed" this "work phone?" Earlier in that same article it was reported that Jeremy hadn't been able to let Debbie know when he'd be home (because his cell phone's service was cut off due to non-payment of the bill), as a way of explaining why she didn't know when he would be home.

But if he had borrowed a work phone, he could have let her know! Is this phone related in any way to the 2:38 a.m. call? Has LE traced calls on this borrowed phone?

So, what is going on here? Bad reporting? Another conflicting statement?

MOO. TIA for your comments. . . .

Does the article make it seem as if it was the first time he borrowed it? So was this not a regular work phone for his company? This IS weird.

Does the article make it seem as if it was the first time he borrowed it? So was this not a regular work phone for his company? This IS weird.

There were no further details, and I was reading the article for at least the second time when it stuck out at me. Then I read the article one or two more times, to be sure it wasn't something I had overlooked elsewhere in the media circus, before posting this here.

I like you. You seem to be a very non-judgemental person. Especially since you don't drink, you don't automatically condemn parents that do,nor think when a parent does around their chidren, who sometimes get a little intoxicated they are terrible, negligent parents. Parents that drink, often don't set out to get drunk. Sometimes, good times, good company makes time fly by faster, and we make mistakes. Not any worse then a mother that may spend way too much time then planned on sites like WS not drinking but not watching the children as closely as they should.

Always enjoy your posts Karmaa.:)

Good post. And I agree.

I also wondered if maybe DB drank more than usual that night to calm her nerves if she was a bit uneasy about it being her first night alone with the kids. Ie: she didn't intend to get plastered, just to relax a little.

And oh, the things my kids have done while I was busy staring at my computer screen!! :blushing:
Giving themselves hair cuts, paint all over the kitchen tiles.....Those same things can and do happen even if I'm just hanging out washing or something, but when it happens because I was having 'me' time on the laptop, I always feel guilty about it.

One detail from the People article - forgive me if someone has already mentioned this - is that they found her bottle on the floor. Yes, one of the parents could have staged this for the other. But it really seems like the kind of detail that someone "staging" a crime would not really think to do.

OTOH, it makes me discouraged for finding Lisa alive, as someone who was going to care for her would take the bottle, especially to keep her quiet until they could get her to the new location.

This is definitely one of those things where everyone is different. When my daughter was young, many of us with small children would sit outside for hours in the evening. Many of my neighbors drank too - mostly beer and wine coolers. I personally didn't but one couple were definitely alcoholics and would drink a 24-pack between them in a normal evening. They never neglected their kid. She was always clean, well fed, and seemed relatively happy. No one ever felt a need to call social services on them, and believe me - in that neighborhood, people would have.

So, even though I don't drink, I don't think that drinking automatically makes a person a bad parent. And even though I don't particularly like socializing, it doesn't seem weird to me that the neighbor would be there all evening - no husbands, feed all the kids at one house and just talk about the kids or whatever while drinking some wine.

BBM. I doubt the kid shares your opinion, I sure don't. Where was the child while her parents were together drinking for hours? Sounds like she fed herself, put herself to bed and probably had to get herself up and off to school the next morning.

JMO

One detail from the People article - forgive me if someone has already mentioned this - is that they found her bottle on the floor. Yes, one of the parents could have staged this for the other. But it really seems like the kind of detail that someone "staging" a crime would not really think to do.

OTOH, it makes me discouraged for finding Lisa alive, as someone who was going to care for her would take the bottle, especially to keep her quiet until they could get her to the new location.

I don't know where the report of the bottle on the floor originates. But, a ten-month old can throw a bottle out of a crib.

That's true, so an abductor might have found her without the bottle and simply not have seen the bottle or thought to pick it up.

Or she might have been crying without her bottle, mom's door is closed and mom is fast asleep, and someone outside was alerted to the baby's presence by her cries. They find the house open and take her.

Or Lisa climbs out of her crib....can a child her age open an unlocked door? Could someone have found her outside and walked off with her, deciding to keep her? Doesn't explain the missing cell phones, though.

Mr. Bradley should seek divorce immediately. This is getting ugly. I think I know why she never filed. He was going to Afghanistan. I better shut up now...

...He needs to take care of this. Who paid for the child's birth? This child is legally Bradley's because she is still married to him. What a mess!! She must still be covered under his health plan with tricare. I wonder if she gets a monthly assistance from the Army. Sometimes they make arrangements for their spouses to receive funds.

The only people that would be walking around in the mddle of a cold night around 3:00am with a baby wearing a diaper, would be a psychotic or a drunk...take your pick.

Mr. Bradley should seek divorce immediately. This is getting ugly. I think I know why she never filed. He was going to Afghanistan. I better shut up now...

...He needs to take care of this. Who paid for the child's birth? This child is legally Bradley's because she is still married to him. What a mess!! She must still be covered under his health plan with tricare. I wonder if she gets a monthly assistance from the Army. Sometimes they make arrangements for their spouses to receive funds.

I would be interested to know how Lisa's birth was paid, too. Just saying...

It keeps being reported that they are not divorced because it's so expensive. He's military, wouldn't there be some sort of help there?? And you can file for divorce yourself and it's very cheap. You don't have to have child custody settled in order to be divorced.

MOO

When drinking makes you pass out or black out and you lose your child while drunk, I say that qualifies you as a very bad parent.

These war veteran's have a huge insurance plan...which used to be doubled and that was thirty years ago if they went overseas. I bet it is way more now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back