People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wierd. I went to buy People today at the local Wal-Mart and the cashier said that they had all been removed today! (Not sold out - removed!) I wonder if it is because I live in El Dorado County where the Garridos will face trial and there may be a local gag order to prevent a tainted jury pool (yeah, good luck on that!).

I couldn't find any around here in Oregon either. Looked at two different places. They all had last time's though. I didn't ask, I just figured it was sold out, but then don't they usually pull the prior issue when they put in the new one? Hmmmm

I couldn't find any around here in Oregon either. Looked at two different places. They all had last time's though. I didn't ask, I just figured it was sold out, but then don't they usually pull the prior issue when they put in the new one? Hmmmm

I went hunting for it today (at stupid WalMart), and saw the last issue on a few check stands, and panicked, but then found it on another check stand. I don't pay enough attention to magazine, but I thought it was weird that they were displaying two different ones...I mean, there was what I think was Teen People, with the Twilight people on the cover, then a People with Elizabeth Smart on the cover, then the Jaycee one.

Anyway, the article is pretty good, and the photos are just beautiful! Jaycee is truly a beautiful person inside and out:)

I'm not sure if I can get the magazine here in Singapore, I'll look today but I would love to see the photos.

I have been reading these forums since the day she was found (but I have never posted) but I did want to put this idea out there about her hair being brown and the whole family looking younger than they thought.

I'll bet that the way she looks on the cover of people is not the way she was found. For example I bet she has had a major makeover. Her hair may have been blonde and she could have dyed it light brown. She has probably also been given new clothes consulted a stylist, perhaps even dental work (some-one commented on this earlier). There is also airbrushing and I bet that she wanted to look her best (as any-one would) for photos.

I remember the Austrian girl who went on tv, the reports were that she was very pale when found, yet on tv she had a great tan, beautiful clothes and she looked fantastic.

I'm sure every effort to help make Jaycee feel comfortable and not look like Alyssa but create a new true self Jaycee have been made.

Any-way - I just wanted to say, all the best for her and her girls! <3 and if I can't get the People issue in Singapore can come-one scan and send me photos? or is that against the law??

Here's the composite for Ilene, I'd bring the picture over, but I can't figure out how. What can I say, I'm blond!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/misheloff_ilene.html

Thank you - we were wondering if there was an age progression for Ilene, Billylee found one, here it is:
misheloff_ilene_ap.jpg

Yes, Carl Probyn is a sweet man and he so often seems to be unfairly talked about and left out of family activities. In the days after Jaycee was found Carl spent some time with an Australian television crew. He was intending to do just one interview but finished up travelling around in their SUV for their whole report. The journalist said Carl seemed a little lost and enjoyed the company of the TV crew. He said he likes Australians having done R&R there during the Vietnam War. He travelled from their home when Jaycee was abducted then to the Garrido's home and watched the Tahoe welcome-back march, with Carl giving his thoughts as they went. The whole trip was shown on Oz TV and was a very sympathetic interview with Carl. At one point he was talking about the weak and inneffective effort by law enforcement after Jaycee's abduction and Carl choked up, had to stop and wipe away his tears while the male journalist steadied him and gave him comfort. My heart went out to the man. Jaycee had been found and everybody was ecstatic but for Carl the years of heartache and stress could still come choking out of him. I think he's a lovely man and I hope he shares fully in the family bonding.

I am glad you posted this and I hope it is the case. For a while there there were more posts about Jaycee's biological dad than anything else, and really, he is kind of a non-entity here. He's a "never been." Maybe someday she will meet him but that is the very least of her concerns right now!

But Carl is a different story. He seemed to do a pretty good job fielding those interviews and filtering the information in the early days of Jaycee's discovery. And as you say, obviously, Jaycee's mom wanted to let him know right away! But it does seem odd if he has not gotten to meet her yet. I was hoping that any information he was giving was with at least Terry's blessing... and it did seem like he was somewhat appropriate to speak out since he had been looked at with suspicion.

Maybe putting Carl in the pictur just yet would be just too painful and she needs to just be with her mom a while (well, duh!) but I guess it could also be simply because he's a man and they don't want to introduce any men into this delicate situation yet, or it could be because he and Terry have been apart for so many years right now and they just don't want to complicate things or lessen her bonding with Jaycee by having her have to work through old issues with Carl. But gosh, he needs this too, and wouldn't it be good, somehow, to complete the circle of family there if even for a little while? It's not my business but it is just something that kind of strikes me in this story. Jaycee's Aunt got to meet her right away, Shayna... I dunno. There has not been much said about it, but I guess some of Terry's family had their doubts about Carl in what happened to Jaycee. Desperate for answers, they apparently turned a suspicious eye on him since he was the only one LE seemed to look at very hard. I think Carl is lucky to have escaped a life of substance abuse or something in his situation. I just really hope he is getting some therapy too. Jaycee and her girls and Terry come first, but Carl should not be forgotten, her abduction ruined his life.

First, my disclaimer - I do not know all the details of this case.

Got lots of questions I'm sure you all can answer.

Carl is Jaycee's step father, correct?
And Carl is the father of Shanya, correct?
Is Jaycee's mother the mother of Shayna?
How long was Carl the step father of Jaycee?
What happened to Jaycee's bio father?

TIA

if you dont know all the details about the case is that why you ripped jaycee for the people shoot/
to answer your questions in order........
yes
yes
yes
about 3 years
deserted her before she was born, now trying to worm his way back into her life

I am glad you posted this and I hope it is the case. For a while there there were more posts about Jaycee's biological dad than anything else, and really, he is kind of a non-entity here. He's a "never been." Maybe someday she will meet him but that is the very least of her concerns right now!

But Carl is a different story. He seemed to do a pretty good job fielding those interviews and filtering the information in the early days of Jaycee's discovery. And as you say, obviously, Jaycee's mom wanted to let him know right away! But it does seem odd if he has not gotten to meet her yet. I was hoping that any information he was giving was with at least Terry's blessing... and it did seem like he was somewhat appropriate to speak out since he had been looked at with suspicion.

Maybe putting Carl in the pictur just yet would be just too painful and she needs to just be with her mom a while (well, duh!) but I guess it could also be simply because he's a man and they don't want to introduce any men into this delicate situation yet, or it could be because he and Terry have been apart for so many years right now and they just don't want to complicate things or lessen her bonding with Jaycee by having her have to work through old issues with Carl. But gosh, he needs this too, and wouldn't it be good, somehow, to complete the circle of family there if even for a little while? It's not my business but it is just something that kind of strikes me in this story. Jaycee's Aunt got to meet her right away, Shayna... I dunno. There has not been much said about it, but I guess some of Terry's family had their doubts about Carl in what happened to Jaycee. Desperate for answers, they apparently turned a suspicious eye on him since he was the only one LE seemed to look at very hard. I think Carl is lucky to have escaped a life of substance abuse or something in his situation. I just really hope he is getting some therapy too. Jaycee and her girls and Terry come first, but Carl should not be forgotten, her abduction ruined his life.

i have to imainge he will see them at the holidays or around there.
i really hope that jaycee doesnt hate men to the point that the one we kow cares about her is shut out.
and yes, garrido ruined his life. he ruined jaycee's life terry's life. he didnt care who he hurt as long as he got his way :(

This is wierd. I went to buy People today at the local Wal-Mart and the cashier said that they had all been removed today! (Not sold out - removed!) I wonder if it is because I live in El Dorado County where the Garridos will face trial and there may be a local gag order to prevent a tainted jury pool (yeah, good luck on that!).

dont know what is going on elsewhere.
here at our local stop and shop they have about 10 racks of them.
then i went to cvs this morning and they still had the elizabeth smart issue. huh?

I was able to buy it at my local Safeway market on Friday. Lucky's didn't have it on Thurs.(they had the Elizabeth Smart issue), but Safeway had a whole stack!

not sure where garrido wouldt have a tainted jury pool.
antartica?
nah the penguins would hate him too.

Yes
Yes
Yes
not sure, 6 months? Shayna was 1 1/2 years old....
He's now in the picture wanting to meet Jaycee- name is Kenneth Slayton. Has two other daughters.

Since Shayna was a year and half old and it takes 9 months to be preg...6 months is not right.
I did read about 3 years. I don't remember where....

i have to imainge he will see them at the holidays or around there.
i really hope that jaycee doesnt hate men to the point that the one we kow cares about her is shut out.
and yes, garrido ruined his life. he ruined jaycee's life terry's life. he didnt care who he hurt as long as he got his way :(
PG did bring men around, not to savory though...
She may fear men...I do not know...

I went hunting for it today (at stupid WalMart), and saw the last issue on a few check stands, and panicked, but then found it on another check stand. I don't pay enough attention to magazine, but I thought it was weird that they were displaying two different ones...I mean, there was what I think was Teen People, with the Twilight people on the cover, then a People with Elizabeth Smart on the cover, then the Jaycee one.

Anyway, the article is pretty good, and the photos are just beautiful! Jaycee is truly a beautiful person inside and out:)

I got mine at Walmart, in Santa Clara county, just an hour south of Antioch.

Fantastic People article, Carl and Terry had been together 3 years and the family had moved to the Lake Tahoe area 9 mos prior to the kidnapping.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

Carl is Shaynas Dad. No matter what, I believe there will be times that Jaycee and Carl will have interaction due to that, if for no other reason.

I have a strong feeling that the reason Carl has not been reunited with Jaycee et could be due to the girls and the need to give them time to bond with Jaycee as their Mother, Terry as Grandma and Shayna as Aunt first. This will be their nuclear family, so it makes sense to me at this point.

Fantastic People article, Carl and Terry had been together 3 years and the family had moved to the Lake Tahoe area 9 mos prior to the kidnapping.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

Carl is Shaynas Dad. No matter what, I believe there will be times that Jaycee and Carl will have interaction due to that, if for no other reason.

I have a strong feeling that the reason Carl has not been reunited with Jaycee et could be due to the girls and the need to give them time to bond with Jaycee as their Mother, Terry as Grandma and Shayna as Aunt first. This will be their nuclear family, so it makes sense to me at this point.

I see Carl as a loving, selfless man that has put his pain behind what's best for the women he loves. When I watched this man on TV after Jaycee's rescue I saw someone so out of his comfort zone yet willing to do whatever it took to be in front of the cameras so Jaycee and Terry wouldn't have to. He has a wonderful heart and I can't begin to imagine his pain. I hope someday he will be welcomed back into the family. I think his actions have been heroic.

Something's been bothering me, and I want to know what you guys think.

The beautiful Jaycee we see in People magazine is definitely a brunette. I feel like that was surprising to many of us, but seems reasonable given that Terry's hair is that same color brown and that hair color can change as one gets older.

What bothers me is that so many of the people who have worked with Garrido's printing business and claim to have met "Allissa" described her as a blonde. Even the neighbor, Erica Pratt, who made the 2006 911 call said the people living in the backyard were 5 blonde females. I would never look at Jaycee and say she was blonde.

I could understand that some of the customers were just making up stories about having met "Allissa" and assumed Jaycee would be a blonde today, but are ALL the people who claimed to have met her lying? Why would the 911 caller say "5 blondes"?

What do you think of this?

Something's been bothering me, and I want to know what you guys think.

The beautiful Jaycee we see in People magazine is definitely a brunette. I feel like that was surprising to many of us, but seems reasonable given that Terry's hair is that same color brown and that hair color can change as one gets older.

What bothers me is that so many of the people who have worked with Garrido's printing business and claim to have met "Allissa" described her as a blonde. Even the neighbor, Erica Pratt, who made the 2006 911 call said the people living in the backyard were 5 blonde females. I would never look at Jaycee and say she was blonde.

I could understand that some of the customers were just making up stories about having met "Allissa" and assumed Jaycee would be a blonde today, but are ALL the people who claimed to have met her lying? Why would the 911 caller say "5 blondes"?

What do you think of this?
Within this one magazine "PEOPLE" her hair color changes, so many times,
color here may not be accurate. On the cover she looks brunet
Inside the magazine her hair color is reddish, not blondish.
and if you look at her from the back with her daughters, you do see the girls hair
much lighter then hers, but hers on the dark side of strawberry.
BUT TH HORSE PHOTO
if all I ever saw was the photo of her on a horse I would say she is blondish.

And ironically her moms hair color and sister is in the reddish coloring - her color is more like theirs now.
SO what if just if, they played a fun hair day one day and she did some color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member