People Magazine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry tells Carl's mother she never thought he took Jaycee.

Google cache:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ard’s-grandmother-“jaycee-felt-guilty-she-was

Thanks, Pete.
Carl's mom sounds like a sweet person. It's nice that they all remain friends and in close contact. It appears as though she and Terry are very close. Terry is blessed to have the support system she has had over the years. Terry must be made of steel to be able to endure the last 18 years not knowing where JC was and being caught in the middle of mixed emotions amongst family members. She came out of it with seemingly strong relationships with all of them. That says a lot about her as that would be difficult for most people to accomplish. Terry has a strong mind.

Grandma Probyn mentions that JC remembers all her family members and that made me think of her Grandpa Dugard. I wonder if they were close. I imagine they were. It's sad that he died while she was missing and never got to see her again. It's sad that she didn't get to properly say goodbye to her Grampy. I wonder how many other family members or close friends have passed since her abduction. Every day I think of new things JC missed over the last 18 years because of those animals and in the words of the great Peter Griffin, it really Grinds My Gears.

I, too, have heard that other children saw Jaycee get kidnapped. I don't have time right now, but I will try later to look for the article(s).

Here is one I found:
"Some of the kids already knew about it because they had witnessed it at the bus stop. The kids were very agitated and upset."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32615202/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

ETA:
Former Meyers Elementary principal Karen Tinlin, now at Tahoe's Bijou Community School, remembers frenzied schoolchildren stepping off the bus that Jaycee normally rode, "knowing that she had been grabbed up into a car" before getting to the bus stop.

http://www.mercurynews.com/jaycee-dugard/ci_13231083

Nicole Sipes: The twins from across the street ran onto the bus and started yelling, "They took her, they took her, they took her."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33062980/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/3/

Here is one I found:
"Some of the kids already knew about it because they had witnessed it at the bus stop. The kids were very agitated and upset."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32615202/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

ETA:
Former Meyers Elementary principal Karen Tinlin, now at Tahoe's Bijou Community School, remembers frenzied schoolchildren stepping off the bus that Jaycee normally rode, "knowing that she had been grabbed up into a car" before getting to the bus stop.

http://www.mercurynews.com/jaycee-dugard/ci_13231083

Nicole Sipes: The twins from across the street ran onto the bus and started yelling, "They took her, they took her, they took her."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33062980/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/3/

why werent the kids reliable witnesses? this irks me so much.
i wish i could find the name of the neighbor that verfied jaycee was walking to the bustop like carl said.

Thanks, Pete.
Carl's mom sounds like a sweet person. It's nice that they all remain friends and in close contact. It appears as though she and Terry are very close. Terry is blessed to have the support system she has had over the years. Terry must be made of steel to be able to endure the last 18 years not knowing where JC was and being caught in the middle of mixed emotions amongst family members. She came out of it with seemingly strong relationships with all of them. That says a lot about her as that would be difficult for most people to accomplish. Terry has a strong mind.

Grandma Probyn mentions that JC remembers all her family members and that made me think of her Grandpa Dugard. I wonder if they were close. I imagine they were. It's sad that he died while she was missing and never got to see her again. It's sad that she didn't get to properly say goodbye to her Grampy. I wonder how many other family members or close friends have passed since her abduction. Every day I think of new things JC missed over the last 18 years because of those animals and in the words of the great Peter Griffin, it really Grinds My Gears.

and gramps died not ever knowing what happened to jaycee. ;(
also when jaycee got back, she had to deal with the fact that her mom and dad (the one she knew anyways) were broken up, and even if she wasnt told why, she had to figure it was because of her kidnapping. so much for her to handle.

I loved this part of the article:

Terry is hoping they can go home soon but she told me she is not rushing anything. They have had lots of offers for interviews but they want to give it time. Jaycee and Terry are both very delicate right now.

"The other wonderful outcome is that Carl has overcome that shadow of suspicion that he has lived under for so long. Our friends were wonderful and believed in us - neither Carl nor I ever lost of friend because of these false accusations.

“Terry reminded me that she had never believed that Carl had taken her. Even when they separated they still remained firm friends. We have all gone on cruises and vacations together and we have all supported each other through these hard years.

“Terry really wants everyone to be a family again. But Jaycee comes first. We will work around her needs.”
http://dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/106169
What a reversal! This article sounds as if Carl Probyn is not a welcomed visitor. Tell me it is not so!

wtf is this?
this is total nonsense. 'sources" out of context quotes.
i guess the britissh tabloids are even worse then the amercians.

to repute this i will give facts.
1) carl just visited jaycee recently
2) regardless of the situation, carl is shayna's dad and is still terry's husband. there is no way terry would just ban him from there lives.
3) how could they go on family vacations and be best friends for years after there seperation but suddnely carl is a "bad influence" on the family?
4) jaycee's own comments say that she doesnt blame carl for her kidnapping.
5) i dont know in what reporters demented mind would think that jaycee being back will 'tear her family apart" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is why i get frustrated about the tabloids.

What a reversal! This article sounds as if Carl Probyn is not a welcomed visitor. Tell me it is not so!

People only read British tabloids for the comics pages and the astrology column. Both of which are more believable than their news columns. They are in the entertainment business not the news business. The Daily Star is bought for the pics of topless models they run. Recently, the parents of little Madeleine McCann sued the paper for claiming they were to blame for Maddy's disappearance and were covering up their involvement. Don't let their claims bother you.

People only read British tabloids for the comics pages and the astrology column. Both of which are more believable than their news columns. They are in the entertainment business not the news business. The Daily Star is bought for the pics of topless models they run. Recently, the parents of little Madeleine McCann sued the paper for claiming they were to blame for Maddy's disappearance and were covering up their involvement. Don't let their claims bother you.

not to mention when i linked to this article, it looked like a softcore *advertiser censored* site.

I know Carl just got to see JC recently.. so we know that the article is not accurate.
I just hope that there isn't like a morsel of truth there. Like sometimes the tabloids will make things up but they will have a tidbit of something that might be true. Like maybe some vague inner turmoil that is going within the family that they got from some source.

JC definitely doesn't need more drama going on. By all logical assumptions.. the family HAS TO put up a united front for JC. I pray thats what's going on with them.

I know Carl just got to see JC recently.. so we know that the article is not accurate.
I just hope that there isn't like a morsel of truth there. Like sometimes the tabloids will make things up but they will have a tidbit of something that might be true. Like maybe some vague inner turmoil that is going within the family that they got from some source.

JC definitely doesn't need more drama going on. By all logical assumptions.. the family HAS TO put up a united front for JC. I pray thats what's going on with them.

to me this is the british version of "jaycee's in love with garrido'.
i dont buy it, makes no sense.
i ironically think the ne has the carl bit right.
btw saw in the store today that the NE is printing that authorities believe nancy was the one who made the phone call from the gas station, april 22 1992. im sure someone will post it here so i wil do a premptory strike.

reasons it's possible;
would fit with the theory someone he knows was ratting him out.
would fit with jaycee not remembering this happening (i.e. nancy did this on her own)
reasons' it's fake
the caller had a 'male sounding voice." on the dateline episode, they played audio of garrido and nancy phoning 911 about patricia. her voice is clearly female. i doubt she coulld really fake a male voice.
more importantly, when she had the chance to free jaycee a year later, she didnt.
and while the ne seems to live jimmy lee as a spokesperson (usually) here it contradicts him, since he doesnt think the phone call is even a "missed opportunity" (per the people magazine article

Bah! I hope that's not true! :( Like I wrote in an earlier post, I want nothing but unity and happiness for that family.

Anyway, British tabloids are notoriously unreliable, so I tend to take anything they write with a grain of salt. Could there be a nugget of truth in there? Maybe. We have no way of knowing for sure, but I tend to be highly suspicious of unnamed sources. The quote from Carl, if accurate, would make sense, though. Jaycee's only been back for two months, so I can see how her new life might seem like being "in a different country" for her. Also, if Carl's recently seen Jaycee, I can see how the whole thing may have been emotionally exhausting for him. He watched her get kidnapped, so perhaps he still feels a bit guilty about that (even though it wasn't his fault). It might be hard for him to see her suffer firsthand. The whole situation is so sad.

Bah! I hope that's not true! :( Like I wrote in an earlier post, I want nothing but unity and happiness for that family.

Anyway, British tabloids are notoriously unreliable, so I tend to take anything they write with a grain of salt. Could there be a nugget of truth in there? Maybe. We have no way of knowing for sure, but I tend to be highly suspicious of unnamed sources. The quote from Carl, if accurate, would make sense, though. Jaycee's only been back for two months, so I can see how her new life might seem like being "in a different country" for her. Also, if Carl's recently seen Jaycee, I can see how the whole thing may have been emotionally exhausting for him. He watched her get kidnapped, so perhaps he still feels a bit guilty about that (even though it wasn't his fault). It might be hard for him to see her suffer firsthand. The whole situation is so sad.

im not even sure what context that quote was taken. it could mean "im just tired of the whole situation with the media'
the other 'source" to this article, was of course, unamed.
imo tabloids running out of info so now they are just making stuff up.

So it sounds to me, after all the articles we found, that even though MULTIPLE witnesses saw Jaycee be abducted that morning, that the LE agents still focused on him the crucial first 24 to 48 hours.

Lucky for pg, as they knew he had performed the only other kidnapping in the area. Wonder if they would have looked outward immediately, things would have been different?

So it sounds to me, after all the articles we found, that even though MULTIPLE witnesses saw Jaycee be abducted that morning, that the LE agents still focused on him the crucial first 24 to 48 hours.

Lucky for pg, as they knew he had performed the only other kidnapping in the area. Wonder if they would have looked outward immediately, things would have been different?

the tragic irony is jaycee and her family moved to south lake tahoe cause there'd only been one kidnapping in 20 years.
and that kidnapping turns out to be garrido's of katie.
how come local LE never checked to see what garrido was up to? or did they think he was still locked up in 1991?

the tragic irony is jaycee and her family moved to south lake tahoe cause there'd only been one kidnapping in 20 years.
and that kidnapping turns out to be garrido's of katie.
how come local LE never checked to see what garrido was up to? or did they think he was still locked up in 1991?

Even if they "thought he was" they should have checked it out!!! I know the circumstances were different, but lets grasp at straws when it comes to a child!!! I got the idea from a previous post you made kbl and it stuck in my mind.

Even if they "thought he was" they should have checked it out!!! I know the circumstances were different, but lets grasp at straws when it comes to a child!!! I got the idea from a previous post you made kbl and it stuck in my mind.

not really grasping at straws though sunnie.
a fully competent investigation tends to uncover things you might not think they would.
and all of these cops coming forward now saying 'we always knew what a dangerous man he was" where exactly where they in 1991?
i have a feeling if carl had gotten a good look and a description of the driver (garrido) things might have turned out diffrently

not really grasping at straws though sunnie.
a fully competent investigation tends to uncover things you might not think they would.
and all of these cops coming forward now saying 'we always knew what a dangerous man he was" where exactly where they in 1991?
i have a feeling if carl had gotten a good look and a description of the driver (garrido) things might have turned out diffrently

I don't know if a spotting of pg by Carl would have changed things or not. By grasping at straws, I meant check Garrido out, even though Katie was an adult and the circumstances were different as he acted alone. I would think they would have at least checked him out!

I don't know if a spotting of pg by Carl would have changed things or not. By grasping at straws, I meant check Garrido out, even though Katie was an adult and the circumstances were different as he acted alone. I would think they would have at least checked him out!

the fact that there was only one kidnapping there in 15 or 20 years would suggest a look (if even brief) at the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire