Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some reason Joran must be freed, then for sure he'll be killed in the streets of Peru. But by whom? Who is willing to fry their own butt for his death. Or, would the authorities not be able to track down the shooter?

I don't think anyone would it. It seems Peru is not a very wealthy country, hence the poor prisons and low sentences for murder. Maybe the expect someone will take care of the issue in jail or not. I could be wrong, never been there. Just what I am noticing from reading and watching the live feed today. The people are upset. Why were there hundreds of people not at work, btw? Maybe not enough jobs?

in the NG video regarding the prison situation I heard the narrator say that inmates 18-24 or 25 (can't recall which) are also kept seperate due to the increased chance of them being raped and tortured. I wonder if that may be where Joran ends up.

ETA - NG = Nat. Geo.

Now who in his right mind would try to extort money from the mother of the girl he killed? The unmitigated gall of that man is astounding and never ends.

I am convinced that Joran is a sadistic psychopath -- not legally insane -- and deserves much more than whatever is going to happen to him while he resides on earth.

If I were related to one of his victims, I would be filled with hate and rage right about now.

I think he's jerking around Joran's victims and helping himself to some publicity.

Please see epiphany's post #170 on previous page - I think we're misunderstanding this person's role. He's like a timeline keeper, not necessarily on either side.

Just think he killed SF for looking at his computer. What will he do when they steal every thing he has. Which will be very little. There will not be all the fun things he had before. It will be clothes and that is about it. They have to fight to even get food at times. They were talking shanks, knives and even guns are very common in prison there. I do not think the smaller ones will be scared of him at all. First time he screams at them for stealing from him it will be all over for him.

I agree, I don't think the other prisoners will be afraid of him. Joran is a bully (to say the least) and picks on women. I don't think he'll say boo to a man, even if the man is small compared to him. He was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth, not in a tough neighborhood where fights and violence are commonplace.

IMO

I didn't notice the low-level area, but the video I watched pointed out the highest-level area and it wasn't pretty. Maybe low-level is not high-level. :crazy:

Why do I feel like I should have said "minor offenders" ? LOL

HLN
JeanC Live:

- describing him in car as serious and focused seated in back between 2 officers
- his atty says he would be placed w/low-level offenders which would be safer environment for him
- his atty told JC, that the public defender is not similar to a public defender in our US system
- his atty - the public defender works for LE, not the accused
- his atty - he did not consent to PDefender
- his atty - is a violation of law

I really appreciate your updates!

Joran van der Sloot: the homicidal maniac

snip....Back when he was a teen in love, van der Sloot and his girlfriend kept a diary together, which they filled with his poems about love and sexual desire. But their breakup, she says, was hurried along by his “problem with lying”–a trait he displayed to the world with ever-changing accounts of his role, at age 17, in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.fgnpr.com/4353/joran-van-der-sloot-the-homicidal-maniac

Why do I feel like I should have said "minor offenders" ? LOL

Peruvian's call them high and low but we've not heard medium! (or would it be 'middle'? - I'm being silly now)

Actually Joran prefers to be 'high' it seems. :crazy:

What houses were having foundation poured when Natalie disappeared? His story sounds plausible as far as how her body was hidden.

That's just it... if you read the affidavit, there was no construction done at the time in the area JVDS indicated and he admitted he lied - AGAIN.

But what's interesting to me is that there is no date on this affidavit. One would assume it was the same date as the Complaint. But the only date on the document is the filing date - which is TODAY.

What houses were having foundation poured when Natalie disappeared? His story sounds plausible as far as how her body was hidden.

Authorities checked out his story but the time the foundations were poured didn't match the time of the crime.

I think they were working on a hotel renovation in that area at that time. Not sure to what extent the construction was but I seem to remember this. Anyone?

I think we really need to visit the history of Peru and understand the changes that have taken place. The prisons are filled with people who fought against the government, like the Shining Path. An x President is in prison for 25 years for murders he was charged for. I believe Perus has been struggling to establish human rights for all its citizens. The conflict still continues in the more remote areas. Peru has alot more important, violent criminals than Vander Sloot.
I think he is just a nuisance and thorn in their side that has brought them more publicity than they care to have. He is just a common murderer as they have terrorists who bomb and kill wandering their country that need to be addressed.

In the video, the prisons look unorganized and everyone seems to be roaming around freely--I wonder how they can separate out the low-level inmates? Maybe there's an area they didn't show in the video, and that's where the low-level ones are?

I would have to got back and watch the video again to be sure but I thought the young ones (18-24 or something like that) were separate because they were targeted for rape and other crimes. But, they also said the higher level inmates could get to the younger ones. It looks like they're separated by a fence. They had prisoners sitting on roof tops so they could warn the others if one side decided to attack the other. It sounds like total chaos and the prisoners monitor themselves because the guards are outnumbered. The government doesn't have the money to invest in prisons.

I don't think Peru gives a hoot what the world thinks about their prisons. It they wanted the living conditions to be kept secret we wouldn't see National Geographic specials and other videos on youtube. They are allowing prisoners to be interviewed and the living conditions shown. Maybe it's their way of saying...commit a crime in our country and you'll pay dearly.

Joran should be terrified right now.

IMO

I think they were working on a hotel renovation in that area at that time. Not sure to what extent the construction was but I seem to remember this. Anyone?

I remember hearing of some rocks that were removed form somewhere and replaced with a concrete wall. Don't ask me where I heard this as i don't have a link to back it up. So I really shouldn't be commenting......

Seems like it was from that Terror Jaap guys blog, IIRC.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member