Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MHamby, didn't think about, thank you! So was he staying in this hotel before he and SF arrived or did he just check in that night?

If I'm not mistaken, he had stayed at the hotel two weeks previous to that night.

Is this old or new?

"On Thursday, Fox News – citing a police source – reported that Van der Sloot lied during his confession in which he said he killed Flores for what she had found on his laptop. “Eventually, after more interrogation from police, police were able to ascertain from Joran that he had planned to rob Stephanie, not that he killed her because she saw info on his computer,” Fox News reported."

http://www.islandcrisis.net/2010/06/fox-news-joran-van-der-sloot-lied-confession/

I have not seen this before, but why would Joran say he wanted to rob her when he would get a life sentence in Peru if robbery was the motive???

This reporting is making me crazy!

I know and I knew I would get flack over what I wrote. However, we do know that all they wanted to do is get him anyway they could.

Yeah. I do see where you are coming. And, outside looking in, I definitely agree with you. The boy has lied continuously and has given false lead after false lead. Why 'waste' thousands of dollars on this.

But then again, I do not have a daughter, let alone one who has been murdered. I would like to think though, that as rationally as I think now, I would be extremely irrational in finding out the actual truth.

Also, the second and fourth letters (symbols) appear to me to have markings over them. Particularly, the fourth letter.

yep, stars, or astericks, or tildes.

**JO`RA`N**

I can't get the little things to type on top of the O and A, or wherever they belong. But you get the idea.

As one looking for answers after my child was killed, I can totally understand it. I would want answers no matter how much time had passed and I would most likely pay whatever I could to get them. My personal opinion, though.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family over the loss of your child in this manner.

I do apologize to anyone that I may have offended, as that was not my intention.

I have had issues from the onset regarding this case, with the initial "teen travels basically alone to Aruba". I will leave it at that and will not express my thoughts regarding their reasons to go ahead with the desire to get more information. :truce:

I know and I knew I would get flack over what I wrote. However, we do know that all they wanted to do is get him anyway they could.

There would be some satisfaction in that, at least to me. I certainly wanted to see the perpetrator of the crime against my daughter pay for what he did - not to mention getting him off the street so he can't do it to another - as it turns out JVDS did. I really hate to use the word 'closure' because there is no such thing, IMO, but I don't know another word to use.

Is this old or new?

"On Thursday, Fox News – citing a police source – reported that Van der Sloot lied during his confession in which he said he killed Flores for what she had found on his laptop. “Eventually, after more interrogation from police, police were able to ascertain from Joran that he had planned to rob Stephanie, not that he killed her because she saw info on his computer,” Fox News reported."

http://www.islandcrisis.net/2010/06/fox-news-joran-van-der-sloot-lied-confession/

bolded by me....It has been my opinion..that he killed her..because she refused to give/loan him money.....being that he was pleading with others that he was broke....not of the computer files...

I hope this is TRUE of the latest news...I was hoping the police would interrogate him more...and see thru his lies...and putting all the scene, evidence, together....and arriving at their conclusion...th real reason..

Perhaps Joran knew he could not re create the scene the way his confession said it went...These Peruvian police KNOW he was trying to get the lesser sentence...

I am waitng with the rest of you...to see how he will be charged..

I understand they may have wanted to solidify their case, etc. But why not unseal the affidavit at the same time they brought the extortion complaint to light in the press conference on 6/3 rather than waiting until today? And why wasn't it filed with the court until today. That doesn't make sense to me - at all.

Oh, I am with you. Especially just to kind of 'cover their tracks' once it got out that they had a reason to indict him on extortion charges.

I am basically playing devils advocate. IMO, it doesn't add up at all.

It seems like they didn't even have an actual affidavit ready.

suzihawk I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandmother was murdered and it totally changed my life. I could not imagine if it was my precious daughter!!

O/T Patty G - my maiden name is Beasley and I loved my Mrs. Beasley doll when I was growing up. I lost her about 10 or 12 years ago and I'm still not over it!!!!

As one looking for answers after my child was killed, I can totally understand it. I would want answers no matter how much time had passed and I would most likely pay whatever I could to get them. My personal opinion, though.

Suzihawk;

No one meant to offend, nor do we ever. We send our deepest sympathies and hope you are doing okay. This must be a difficult place for you to be, yet you need to be. Please do not take offense, we do not mean any.

What I am hoping is that the prosecution has enough physical evidence to where they don't need the confession. Obviously this boy is a pathological liar and will never give an honest 100% answer.

What would be ideal, in my mind, is to almost offer him a deal of a 'reduced' sentence for this crime if he gave the whereabouts of Natalie. Hopefully, then, being able to charge him for both crimes, amassing to the same amount of time had he just been convicted of this crime, but the second half of that being spent in Aruba.

Would countries even be allowed to do this? He spends the next 30 years in prison, 15 of which are in Aruba, but we now know the whereabouts of Natalie...? Or am I just reaching here?

WTH was Beth/reps EVEN thinking to go into this deal with the information Joran stated. Oh my goodness, I have a bridge to sell to them.

I can understand if this deal came about within the first year or so, but after every lie, in all forms possible, over five years and they still did this?

:censored:

It's my thought that the feds wanted to get him in jail in the US on the extortion/wire fraud charges and hope he would talk to a fellow inmate and/or try to get him to talk by offering a reduced sentence on the charges.

I really don't have any idea what they had in mind but this is just a theory...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family over the loss of your child in this manner.

I do apologize to anyone that I may have offended, as that was not my intention.

I have had issues from the onset regarding this case, with the initial "teen travels basically alone to Aruba". I will leave it at that and will not express my thoughts regarding their reasons to go ahead with the desire to get more information. :truce:

Thanks, Patty. No offense taken and no apology needed - from me anyway. ;)

Please don't let that keep you from expressing your opinions and thoughts. We each come from different and various perspectives and I think that enhances the discussions and helps us to try to understand these matters which are so senseless. :blowkiss:

ETA: I hope I didn't sound defensive in my initial response. Certainly wasn't intended that way. :)

Suzihawk, so sorry for your loss. I'm a mom of two precious ones, and can't begin to imagine what you've gone through. My heart goes out to you.

Uh Oh, Feds in Alabama in trouble (just as we thought). Not good.

How are we getting these documents???!!! These are not supposed to be public record????

Found the letter on the net and it's recent, letter dated 6/9/2010 so thought I'd post it...not to throw smoke on the issue either as I've read several places that do say the funds came from the family. It's out there though and I thought it was pertinent to post.

I remember that. There was also some undercover and highly suspicious painting over of some rocks, as I recall.

th_7AAE1955_smallmovie11620055.jpg This is one of the pictures from the Aruba rock painting. There was a video posted on Aru-Bay.com not long after Natalee disappeared. It showed men with search dogs looking in the rocks, then men painting the rocks white in places. Not long after, the web site was disabled. This was an area close to the lighthouse where Joran said he and the Kalpoes took Natalie. At one time Dave was searching in the area and saw a police car in the area with the trunk open. As Dave started driving to the police car they closed the trunk and took off. (this was in Dave's book) There never has really been an explanation for the rock painting. One of Joran's first stories included Natalee falling and hitting her head and her head bleeding.

Thanks, Patty. No offense taken and no apology needed - from me anyway. ;)

Please don't let that keep you from expressing your opinions and thoughts. We each come from different and various perspectives and I think that enhances the discussions and helps us to try to understand these matters which are so senseless. :blowkiss:

ETA: I hope I didn't sound too defensive in my initial response. Certainly wasn't intended that way. :)

:blowkiss: and :hug:

Is this old or new?

that is such NEW news.....thank you fpr posting and thank Peru for dealing with this murderer correctly...i knew the "computer" story was obvious Joran BS. Your not in Aruba anymore Joran.

welcome to the gates of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member