Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think other posters are zeroing in on his incredible sense of entitlement. A sense of entitlement does not always come from being spoiled though. It is often part & parcel of a more global distorted, criminal thinking pattern (see Samenow's "Criminal Mind" series of books, for example). Most felon-level criminals have a heavy dose of entitlement thinking, and the demographic origin of most felons is anything but children of the well-to-do/connected or children who went unpunished (quite the contrary). And, JVS certainly does exhibit many of the thinking errors (unknown to him) that Samenow (and clinicians since) have documented. His sense of entitlement is quite clear ("I don't WANT to be extradited"; I don't WANT to go to a Peru prison; I fear I'll be killed [it's okay to kill others, but it's not okay to kill me]).

Okay, so those are my thoughts. I've not posted before, but every one here is a pretty good sleuth, so there was no need :), but since you asked for responses, here's my two cents. Like you said that you have more questions, I have more thoughts, but that would take a book :), and I will gladly leave the task of book writing to you, or others.

:Welcome-12-june::newbie::wave:
Welcome to WS Cottages!!

That is an amazing first post cottages and I look forward to reading many more of your posts. Thank you for joining Websleuths :)

Welcome!

I think other posters are zeroing in on his incredible sense of entitlement. A sense of entitlement does not always come from being spoiled though.

It is usually connected to insecurity-inferiority.

You can see it males and females proclaiming dominance in many species.
It usually doesnt last for more than a few seasons in the wild ...

It is usually connected to insecurity-inferiority.

You can see it males and females proclaiming dominance in many species.
It usually doesnt last for more than a few seasons in the wild ...

heh <snort> :D

I figure it's pretty simple as to Joran's motives. He hasn't been reported to have gone around whooping up on his adult male friends. It's only the alleged dead dog and women. Joran is said to be a serial date raper, so he probably wanted sex and her money. He may have attempted drugging and didn't get his way but instead got a struggle. Joran may have been attempting to drug Stephany in order to take her money, and get away quickly without paying his back rent.

Joran was seen in the video pulling the same door shut that he wanted into and was knocking on. You bring fresh coffee out of the room first? Then take pretend you locked yourself out? Then close the door you are knocking on? If you watch the video again, you might see more. He came back and looked at the camera after his goof up and it appeared he knew he goofed. No going with that idea of "the employee opened the door and "we" both saw her on the side of the bed." Not a well thought out plan. But I noticed the "oops" moment when Joran realized he goofed.

The thing I wish for the most is better translation. You can't discuss much if it's translated in several different versions. Oh geez... xxxooo

ETA, maybe I better learn the language? How demanding of me. lol

That's directed at translated articles by google etc...I think they are good, but I'm seeing a lot of statements based on "shakey" word interpretations. JMO xoxo

On the vid: yes about one minute in he notices the camera and you can see him physically deflate, and his knocking hand goes limp as he realizes that he's done. It's a stunning moment.

Such a sad and tragic outcome that he has killed again. Almost unbearable.

On the vid: yes about one minute in he notices the camera and you can see him physically deflate, and his knocking hand goes limp as he realizes that he's done. It's a stunning moment.

Such a sad and tragic outcome that he has killed again. Almost unbearable.

I've watched the video yet again (!) and I think you may be right as to when Joran notices the camera. He appears to glance up a bit, and then he looks like a stoned sissy with that limp wristed knocking. Weird.

Anyway, if Joran was actually trying to establish an alibi, how did he think it would ever fly?

I think other posters are zeroing in on his incredible sense of entitlement. A sense of entitlement does not always come from being spoiled though. It is often part & parcel of a more global distorted, criminal thinking pattern (see Samenow's "Criminal Mind" series of books, for example). Most felon-level criminals have a heavy dose of entitlement thinking, and the demographic origin of most felons is anything but children of the well-to-do/connected or children who went unpunished (quite the contrary). And, JVS certainly does exhibit many of the thinking errors (unknown to him) that Samenow (and clinicians since) have documented. His sense of entitlement is quite clear ("I don't WANT to be extradited"; I don't WANT to go to a Peru prison; I fear I'll be killed [it's okay to kill others, but it's not okay to kill me]).

Okay, so those are my thoughts. I've not posted before, but every one here is a pretty good sleuth, so there was no need :), but since you asked for responses, here's my two cents. Like you said that you have more questions, I have more thoughts, but that would take a book :), and I will gladly leave the task of book writing to you, or others.

Welcome Cottage! That was an awesome (first) post! I hope you'll continure to contribute to the discussions.

BBM

What I find to be the most disturbing is that after ALL he has done that he has the audacity to ask to eat what the guards are eating..........Does he think he is at freakin Club Castro? AFTER he accused the Peruvian police of being corrupt and has how many now 5 different stories re what happened?

His sense of entitlement is beyond my comprehension!

Never in all my years of reading up on people have I ever come across what appears to be such a manipulative, lying, cold self-centered individual. His attempt to try to manipulate the legal system by saying he will disclose where Natalie is IF they transfer him to Aruba? Who in the "H" does this guy think he is?

I mean talk about a set of brass you know what! He truely takes the cake. casey anthony has MORE than met her match!

Very well said!!!!!!

At first when I viewed the prison video & saw the scared look on Joran's face, I almost felt sorry for him. Then I remembered the crimes he has committed & his cruel attitude & treatment of Beth, his family, the dog, the guy he threw off the bridge & his sex trafficking. This guy is not human: he is an evil monster!

BBM

What I find to be the most disturbing is that after ALL he has done that he has the audacity to ask to eat what the guards are eating..........Does he think he is at freakin Club Castro? AFTER he accused the Peruvian police of being corrupt and has how many now 5 different stories re what happened?

His sense of entitlement is beyond my comprehension!

Never in all my years of reading up on people have I ever come across what appears to be such a manipulative, lying, cold self-centered individual. His attempt to try to manipulate the legal system by saying he will disclose where Natalie is IF they transfer him to Aruba? Who in the "H" does this guy think he is?

I mean talk about a set of brass you know what! He truely takes the cake. casey anthony has MORE than met her match!

BBM

WHY is he given a choice what he eats? He should be served the same slop as the other prisoners. Why are they being so accomodating to him? They are only obligated to feed him, not to guarantee delicious food. jmo

I have to say..watching the video of Joran being led to his cell was very disturbing to me as a human being. I TOTALLY feel he should pay for this horrific crime but do not think wishing suffering, threats to his life, and possible torture is a part of a civil punishment. Him stating his head hurts or whatever and that he hasn't eaten in 2 days are basic needs of a human not part of a punishment. I believe if we wish torture and suffering on those that commit crimes we become as sadist as the criminal. He deserves to pay for this crime, no one should suffer like his victims but it is disturbing to me to watch others wish such extreme suffering. If he spends his days in that place, even if he isn't targeted by other prisoners....he will be in hell. I feel sick about the human race at this point. What we do to each other is unremarkable. We should be careful not to think evil...that is what separates us and makes society civil. JMO.

Lori, thank you! You've put into words what I've been thinking, and feeling, as I've read .... and read..... and read here these last few days.

If I think of myself as a civilized, law abiding person, and I do, then I must accept the rule of law for those whose actions are horrible and vicious. I believe, my opinion of course, that JVDS is guilty. I want him to have a truly fair trial.... and I, personally, want him convicted and his sentence to be the MAX! I want him to 'pay' for his crimes. Part of that payment should NOT include torture in prison, starvation, threats to his person and to his life.... no matter what his crimes were! Let his conditions be HARSH, but no more.

Okay, this is my first post. I love these boards.... and as I've sat here and read..... and read.... I really feel challenged by the expertise of all of you. I've wondered if I have the ability to participate without humiliating myself, lol. I've also noted and approved the fact that decorum and good behavior is insisted upon. That I truly appreciate. I'm so sick and tired of name calling and contention found on other sites.

cheers all,

pattyjo

Good question! It could be a moot point, as there are reports that JVS may have to be moved

There are reports however, that Miguel Castro Castro prison will not be secure enough to hold Van Der Sloot and he may have to be incarcerated at Piedras Gordas, another maximum security prison.

According to details published about this prison, it is made of reinforced concrete and is about 161,458 square feet.

For security reasons again, not much information is disclosed about this location, but this article in tribunalatina.com says it is reserved for extremely dangerous prisoners and it seems to have more security than Miguel Castro Castro prison.

Linky:

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/peru...t-joran-van-der-sloot-could-face-2626465.html

On another note, many prisons in Peru (not sure about this one) you can get luxury items.

NowPublic does report that a prisoner with money can obtain such items as a cell phone, food from the outside, and drugs, so this may offer Joran van der Sloot some encouragement. Joran van der Sloot seems to know how to make money, so he'd likely have such privileges that money can buy.

MOO

Mel

He needs to stay right where he is!!

Its my prediction that once the initial fervor dies down he will be transferred to that other prison. Unfortunately, he will then have access to creature comforts that I don't feel he deserves, cell phone, maybe even internet access? He could continue w/ his online gambling and make $ to fund his prison account to buy "luxury items". That ticks me off. Hope I am wrong.

abbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member