Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not. He needs to be locked up for the rest of his natural life IMO.
Frankly, I do not care where that is, as long as he is removed from society.

I agree with that!!! He needs to be out/away/hidden/vacant/missing/removed/banned/abolished from society...With his anger issues and lack of regard..even for his own family..he is a walking time bomb..ready to destroy another innocent soul...

I hope the judges take into consideration all there is ..that make up this evil person and throw him in the deepest darkest prison cell and make him feel minute by minute the pain, despair, sadness, loss, agony, tears, nightmares, that his victim's and their family have endured ...because of him..
He is like a deadly spider...spinning and spinning his web of stories and lies.
.all in my own opinion

Do we still have a translation thread? A video that was attached to an article that Jerseygirl posted yesterday has been in the back of my mind and I wanted to know if two members could give us a basic (highlights) translation.

The reporter speaks in Dutch, and an official speaks Spanish (peruvian official I think).

Also in that video, the reporter shows what might be phone records (could be possibly captured by screenshot) and also a few other papers relating to JVDS.

If we still have a thread I'll go back and grab that link. I don't mind to do the screenshots.

TIA.

Hi, SuziHawk, I'm not responding to this, but to the reply to me that you thoughtfully took the time to write about the Van Der Sloot on a previous thread.

I was wrong about the duration between Joran's Greta hoax and Paulus's death, but the time was much closer to one year than to two. I must admit though that I am a bit staggered by the idea that Paulus should be somehow be expected to announce to the media his disapproval of something his own son had done. (Do we really think that he supported Joran's portrayal of him as a white-slaver?) At this point, the family (including two young sons) were attempting to return to some level of privacy. Frankly, I think that we media watchers somehow imagine that individuals in the news have some responsibility to bare their souls to Greta and Nancy Grace and the rest of the ratings hounds.

There's nothing mysterious about Paul not getting a plum judge's job. He applied for a job and like most applicants, he didn't get it. Dutch legal standards are high; they are recognized as among the best in the world. What it does indicate is that whether as a failed judge-in-training or a middle-level lawyer, Paul didn't wield much clout in Aruban legal circles.

As for Van Straaten and Paul, no one is disputing that they were friends; what was at issue was the knee-jerk repetitions of "best friend and godfather," both of which have been disputed by people close to the family. Just as relevant is the question about why we would assume that such friendships would mean that professionals who valued keeping their jobs would subvert the law: One of my lawyer friends frequently lunches with opposing counsel and Anthony Scalia is reportedly great pals with Supreme Court justices who oppose him vigorously on nearly every decision. Ted Kennedy and Orin Hatch were long-time close friends, but I don't think that influenced their positions on any major issues. And if the motive for supposedly intentionally scuttling a prosecution was, as you suggest, tourism, the Arubans could have hardly created a more lamebrain strategy: By extending and reextending and reextending the investigation instead of throwing nonentiety Joran to the dogs, they hurt their main source of island income for years.

As all the inane talk now of Joran being framed now by Beth and the FBI proves, conspiracies are easy. You just pick a culprit and fill in any missing connections with your own dots.

Van der Straaten was the lead investigator in the case. Since he was a well known long time friend of PVDS, this was a blatent conflict of interest, at the very least.

It was known within 24 hours that JVS lied about dropping Natalee at the Holiday Inn (security tape), yet Prosecutor Karin Janssen failed to arrest the three suspects for ten days. Instead, two hotel security guards were arrested based on lies by JVS and the Kalpoe brothers. It was ten days before the Kalpoe residence was searched and another six days before the VDS apartment was searched. Judge Jacob Robert Wit and justice official Ben (Voc) King were at the VDS home when the authorities arrived for the search. Although the warrant was granted for a full search of the building and grounds, Judge Wit changed the order on the spot to limit the search to only JVDS's apartment. A full search was again denied when PVDS was arrested in June 2005.

PVDS as well as Van der Straaten were present when the police took his first witness statement and PVDS was allowed to edit that statement before it was entered into public record. That statement was mysteriously "lost".

Of course, these are but a few examples of the many improprieties but the list goes on.

Chanler, we could go for days debating this interesting topic. But I think it's derailing this thread and I doubt either of us is going to change each other's opinions. So, like I said before, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. :)

Since this case is in the world spotlight, Peru will probably go by the books, even on technicalities. Just let us hope they did not make any big procedural errors.

Even if they did, if they had to set him free they could always send him down the wrong hallway to go free.

oops our mistake...we lied

:Justice:

What I don't understand is that from what we've heard, that public defender had helped him to possibly get a much more lenient sentence based on the Peruvian legal system.

This "private" lawyer, being paid for by his mother(?) seems to be throwing him right under a bus. It seems like JVDS is going for an all or nothing outcome here. Either he gets out of Peru on a technicality or he faces the maximum penalty if convicted of the current charges against him. Perhaps that is the point. He knows that whether he's given 3 or 35 years he's a dead man walking? So he's going to try anything to get out of there? Even trying to make this an international human rights issue with his background and reputation? Does he believe his country is going to come to his defense and put pressure on Peru with these allegations? Will they?

You know, I believe Joran, only very recently, has begun to realize just how much trouble he's in. Initially, I think he thought he would just breeze through this affair like he has previously been able to do. I think the rat must have whispered in his ear that he's in some actual, serious,
trouble. Now Joran is tossing all sorts of things out there hoping that something will stick & so that he'll be free to roam & kill again. Even if he could get off on some kind of technicality, it still wouldn't mean that he could get out of Peru alive.

Reminder that tonight at 9p EDT on NatGeo channel is "Worlds Toughest Prisons", including Lurigancho.

You know, I believe Joran, only very recently, has begun to realize just how much trouble he's in. Initially, I think he thought he would just breeze through this affair like he has previously been able to do. I think the rat must have whispered in his ear that he's in some actual, serious,
trouble. Now Joran is tossing all sorts of things out there hoping that something will stick & so that he'll be free to roam & kill again. Even if he could get off on some kind of technicality, it still wouldn't mean that he could get out of Peru alive.

It also appears that he might have a dedicated lawyer in Maximo Altez. One that is not being intimidated by threats from fellow Peruvians.

I recorded just the "Lurigancho Prison" segment from the National Geographic special.

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7601717/20170154"]Joran Van der Sloot's - Possible New Home In Prison - 1 on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7601761/20170227"]Joran Van der Sloot's: Possible New Home In Prison - 2 on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7601761/20170227"]Joran Van der Sloot's: Possible New Home In Prison - 2 on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

If they had to set him free. I'm thinking his bullet proof vest would be lined with nothing more than wet newspaper.

:ban me:

Reminder that tonight at 9p EDT on NatGeo channel is "Worlds Toughest Prisons", including Lurigancho.

Thanks for the reminder Suzi......will watch it carefully....I would be nice if JVDS and his compadre Clown can watch that also.....do ya think they have Cable Vision? :woohoo:

If he would be let go free, I will never believe in the justice system again.............
JVS should of been locked away many, many years ago!

The "expelling" was kind of odd as opposed to "extraditing". Normally only done to country of origin IMO which was not Peru but Aruba/The Netherlands.
They surely must have done some short cuts.

According to this article, Chile was able to deport him to Peru since he had entered Chile from Peru...guess that was the loop-hole that enabled them to expedite his transfer to Peru:

"Peru’s Interior Minister Octavio Salazar said authorities in both countries are working in harmony to have Van der Sloot extradited back to Peru.

Salazar explained that can be done in two ways: the extradition process which could take months, or expulsion, which would be toward the Peruvian border, since that was the last country boarder he crossed."

http://www.thepulse.cl/2010/06/03/van-der-sloot-captured-in-chile/

Well IF JVDS makes it to Lurigancho, he'll most likely be assigned to Block 1 - 1st time
offenders - age group 18-25....there are approx 1,000 in this age group according to the video Patty G put up.

I think Joran will enjoy the ambiance Lurigancho is noted for along with the food they serve too......more Chicken and Rice Lurigancho style......made with dirty hands....

Yucky, double Yucky

NG will be coming on.......so I'll be back once it's over......

I hope she has some good BOMBSHELLS but kinda doubt it......it'll be more of a rerun on JVM's.....

Good evening! :seeya: Nancy's show is on but Jean seems to be hosting it live from Peru!!

Joran: police violated my rights; he says he was set up by the FBI and lured to Peru. Judge must rule if his imprisonment is illegal. More on Stephany's injuries, and details on the crime scene. Anita: "I won't visit my son". Psychological evaluation reveals he is capable of murder.

The appeal that JeanC was talking about was on JVS' habeas corpus petition, which appeal would have to be heard and adjudicated before the criminal case itself could go forward. Habeas corpus is a constitutional issue.

I didn't know that JVS filed a habeas (no time for T.V. :), but even if he did, filing a habeas does not mean there is a constitutional basis. You seem to have some familiarity with the law, so surely you know that trail & appellate courts dismiss habeas petitions everyday because they are based on improper grounds (and surprisingly few pro se, which are probably more often dismissed for abuse). Often the correct remedy of dismissed-out-of-hand HC writs direct appeal, but the attorney tries to spin the basis because he doesn't want to wait (which, again, doesn't work, even if the trial court got it wrong, an appellate court will catch it).

So, I can't imagine on what proper grounds he would file a HC. He can motion/petition to throw out the confession all day long, but they still have substantial evidence to make a case outside of the confession and solid grounds to detain him until trial in that he's a slight flight risk...and a bit of a risk to the health and well-being of every female on the planet (especially those wanna be baby's mommas).

Good evening! :seeya: Nancy's show is on but Jean seems to be hosting it live from Peru!!

Joran: police violated my rights; he says he was set up by the FBI and lured to Peru. Judge must rule if his imprisonment is illegal. More on Stephany's injuries, and details on the crime scene. Anita: "I won't visit my son". Psychological evaluation reveals he is capable of murder.

I wish they would tell us exactly where Stephany's skull was fractured. That would give us a lot more insight. JMHO.

Does anone know who this Les Levine is that was on the panel for JVM show tonight is shows he was the Vandersloots PI....This guy seems to be on the conspiracy band wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom