Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Anita wants to give her point of view and let others know Joran is sick in the head she can release the medical statements form the psych who was going to treat him. Free.
MOO

Are you kidding? Knowing Joran, he'd sue her!!

I wouldn't watch either. Only reason I would watch would be if authorities were allowed to give him sodium penathol during the interview. I don't have any desire to hear any more of his lies.

Me neither.

If there is an interview you know joran is being paid big time and the appeals will continue over 3 yrs followed by a trial.

My only hope is that the money from the interview (and I pray there is only one), the lawyer will use up all of that money for appeals and the trial. Then joran will be found guilty and left to rot penniless in general population.

Do you think they could have a trial in absentia on this extortion?

to hollyblue and Kamille
OK, I quickly tried to translate the question/answer and came up with this:

44. If you have something else to add, remove, change or modify to your present statement?
He said: First I want to have the chance to read everything and I wish to speak about the Natalee Holloway case, from five years ago and the possibility of being extradited to Aruba, I wish to speak about the case but not at this moment it's a case that has years* and I'd prefer to speak to the Aruban Police and if there's a possibility (chance) to close the case, I'd be willing to clarifly said case.

Not having anything else to add, remove, vary or modify to my current declaration (statement), having read all of its parts, finding it agreeable in all of its parts, I sign it and print my right index in a sign of conformity (agreement), after having had said declaration (statement) translated through my translator in presence of the instructor and the representative of the public ministry.

The original in Spanish doesn't have very well constructed sentences (they run on, some words don't fit quite right) and I haven't changed that, I've tried to be literal.

*about the phrase that I've translated as "it's a case that has years"... the automatic translation that Kamille posted says "that took years" but in Spanish es un caso que llevo de años says something like "it's a case that I've carried for years"... "llevo" is in first person... if it were "un caso que lleva años" it would be a case that has years"... but I don't think that it makes sense to say that he's "had", "carried", "dealt with" for years? I don't know, it can be interpreted in different ways I guess...

Me neither.

If there is an interview you know joran is being paid big time and the appeals will continue over 3 yrs followed by a trial.

I may not be understanding your post here correctly and getting trials mixed-up, but it's my understanding that the appeals will not hold up the trial.

From this link:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ivjZZz2WTj-nJ_lNzCNyFmuADWDwD9GIM2K80

The defendant's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told The Associated Press that he would appeal Casique's decision to a higher court.

A criminal law expert, Jose Balcazar, told the AP that Van der Sloot can continue the appeal but "that will not hold up the case against him."

Earlier Friday, the chief judge of Lima's Superior Court, Cesar Vega, told reporters that Peruvian laws allow up to six months for murder trials.

But legal expert Mario Amoretti said that in practice, cases like Van der Sloot's can last 18 months.

Balcazar said the defense is likely to try to draw the trial out.

My only hope is that the money from the interview (and I pray there is only one), the lawyer will use up all of that money for appeals and the trial. Then joran will be found guilty and left to rot penniless in general population.

I agree Altez will use up any funds headed in Joran's direction, either during trial or any appeals (before, during, or after trial).

to hollyblue and Kamille
OK, I quickly tried to translate the question/answer and came up with this:

The original in Spanish doesn't have very well constructed sentences (they run on, some words don't fit quite right) and I haven't changed that, I've tried to be literal.

*about the phrase that I've translated as "it's a case that has years"... the automatic translation that Kamille posted says "that took years" but in Spanish es un caso que llevo de años says something like "it's a case that I've carried for years"... "llevo" is in first person... if it were "un caso que lleva años" it would be a case that has years"... but I don't think that it makes sense to say that he's "had", "carried", "dealt with" for years? I don't know, it can be interpreted in different ways I guess...

Danielabc,

Is there any chance that you could translate the audio provided in my link at #46 re: Ricardo Flores statement? Seems the reporter has a lot more to say than what's in the written article. No need for a literal translation...but, if you could just provide a recap of the report, that would be great!

I do understand, however, that this is a lot harder than translating from text, so don't feel bad to decline my request!!

Thanks!

She will protect the memory of Paul so I doubt that will happen. Joran goes under the bus, however.

The problem with AVS throwing Joran under the bus is that there is a real possibility that she may be also throwing half of the Aruban government with him, should he decide to implicate them in the cover up that has gone on for the past five years regarding the Holloway case. This wouldn't be good for her - on many levels.

It makes me sick thinking he would ever make a cent from the crimes he has committed. It's just too twisted!

It makes me sick too, Columbo. I am TOTALLY against a criminal (or suspected criminal) profiting from that crime (or alleged crime) in any manner whatsoever - even for legal funds.

Herein lies the problem, IMO. As long as it's legal for media outlets to skirt their precious ethics by claiming NOT to pay for interviews while underhandedly paying licensing fees -AND- as long as the public is willing to lap it up, it's going to continue - and escalate. It's needs to be totally, 100% illegal for a criminal or suspected criminal to profit from any news agency. Period.

That said, would I watch or read a 'paid' interview from JVS? Yup, I would. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd be compelled to watch or listen, even knowing it was total BS. It wouldn't be a problem for me if it wasn't available. KWIM?

Good. I want him and his attorneys to file every possible appeal. I want them to have all of the witnesses and files and materials from discovery. I want Joran to have the BEST attorney to defend him, the most impartial judges, and the cleanest, most ethical prosecution possible.

Because if there is justice, he will go to prison.

I'm with ya, PG. And I will take great pleasure and enjoy every step of the way as he fails repeatedly in his every attempt to escape justice.

I may not be understanding your post here correctly and getting trials mixed-up, but it's my understanding that the appeals will not hold up the trial.

From this link:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ivjZZz2WTj-nJ_lNzCNyFmuADWDwD9GIM2K80

The defendant's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told The Associated Press that he would appeal Casique's decision to a higher court.

A criminal law expert, Jose Balcazar, told the AP that Van der Sloot can continue the appeal but "that will not hold up the case against him."

Earlier Friday, the chief judge of Lima's Superior Court, Cesar Vega, told reporters that Peruvian laws allow up to six months for murder trials.

But legal expert Mario Amoretti said that in practice, cases like Van der Sloot's can last 18 months.

Balcazar said the defense is likely to try to draw the trial out.

Ohhhh that's right TwiceIrish!! Thanks for reminding me!!:)

what you said is exactly why there will be cooperation this time.

" The problem with AVS throwing Joran under the bus is that there is a real possibility that she may be also throwing half of the Aruban government with him, should he decide to implicate them in the cover up that has gone on for the past five years regarding the Holloway case. This wouldn't be good for her - on many levels. "

Jossy is the keeper of the Secrets in Aruba. Anything for a political advantage for the party that wants to be in power. I used to follow all this. Oduber, the Tromp affair, the MEP.

there is another election coming up, I think Mike Eman is being challenged ? Anyway, it's a perfect opportunity for all of the skeletons to come out of the closet and clean house, politically. What better way to bring the whole house down then to " find" incriminating evidence against the police chief, the prosecutors office, Minisrty of Justice all the way up to the top.

I would not be at all surprised to find out that those who defected to the NL in the wake of that mess are slowly being called on the carpet.

We shall see...

The problem with AVS throwing Joran under the bus is that there is a real possibility that she may be also throwing half of the Aruban government with him, should he decide to implicate them in the cover up that has gone on for the past five years regarding the Holloway case. This wouldn't be good for her - on many levels.

It makes me sick too, Columbo. I am TOTALLY against a criminal (or suspected criminal) profiting from that crime (or alleged crime) in any manner whatsoever - even for legal funds.

Herein lies the problem, IMO. As long as it's legal for media outlets to skirt their precious ethics by claiming NOT to pay for interviews while underhandedly paying licensing fees -AND- as long as the public is willing to lap it up, it's going to continue - and escalate. It's needs to be totally, 100% illegal for a criminal or suspected criminal to profit from any news agency. Period.

That said, would I watch or read a 'paid' interview from JVS? Yup, I would. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd be compelled to watch or listen, even knowing it was total BS. It wouldn't be a problem for me if it wasn't available. KWIM?

I'm with ya, PG. And I will take great pleasure and enjoy every step of the way as he fails repeatedly in his every attempt to escape justice.

IIRC, didn't you post a TV report a day or so ago from Jean C. saying that Peru had the 'Son of Sam' law....so wouldn't that preclude JVDS from getting any money for an interview??

IIRC, didn't you post a TV report a day or so ago from Jean C. saying that Peru had the 'Son of Sam' law....so wouldn't that preclude JVDS from getting any money for an interview??

someone here did :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5347006&postcount=811"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #14[/ame]

post about son of Sam law-

That's what she said, FLNY. She said they had a similar law.

That's an interesting question. I'm going to have to do some research on the Son of Sam law. But off the top of my head, I'm guessing that it pertains to convicted criminals and not suspects? Of course, the way it stands now is in the cleverly worded 'licensing fees' and those 'fees' are usually paid to a third party for the material licensed and not to the criminal directly.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in.

It's just morally wrong and reprehensible for a murderer to receive money for an interview. That goes for their family, friends and anyone else that crawls out of the woodwork for monetary gain. It's should be illegal for news agencies to pay these 'fees' to anyone. If they want to talk for free or for their fifteen minutes of fame, fine - but no money. IMO

They want restitution of the $25,100 BH used in the sting.:)
I read the indictment and am trying to figure out if it means the US government can seize money from Joran now ~ such as anything he could receive from the media? Or does a trial and conviction have to occur first? :waitasec:

A Statute that prevents a convicted criminal from profiting by selling his/her story rights to a publisher or movie maker, usually by authorizing prosecutors to seize royalties from convicted criminals and to place the money in an escrow account for the crime victim's benefit.

More...

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/son-of-sam-law/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members