Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing the first 20 min., but will catch it on the 2nd run at 11. Thx for the reminder Suzihawk.

Thanks, Suzihawk! I couldn't agree more. I sure hope there's some way that the Peruvian courts can prevent JVDS from getting a cent for interviews!!

If he has access to unlimited funds while in prison, he'll be king of the roost...someone's got to stop that from happening!

MOO

Whoa :hand: a horrible thought just crossed my mind. Castro Castro and Lurigauncho inmates basically have little to no money and keeping JVDS alive and out of harms way might prove to be a lucrative proposition for some. He would be viewed as a cash cow. It's sickening to think how much bigger this could get!

A week with the common prisoners of Castro Castro will loosen the tongue, or Jack Bauer would drop faster than what you know.

Comment posted on El Comercio.pe that I enjoyed...

Article on El Comercios.pe - Joran van der Sloot has been accused of extortion by the justice of Alabama, United States

Link to article translated on google. http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Felcomercio.pe%2Fnoticia%2F503396%2Fjoran-van-der-sloot-fue-acusado-extorsion-justicia-alabama-estados-unidos&sl=es&tl=en

Whoa :hand: a horrible thought just crossed my mind. Castro Castro and Lurigauncho inmates basically have little to no money and keeping JVDS alive and out of harms way might prove to be a lucrative proposition for some. He would be viewed as a cash cow. It's sickening to think how much bigger this could get!

I think the inmates have been eyeing him.....waiting to get their hands on him for their own pleasure.

Remember CC inmates are 50% AIDS.... and Joran is a pretty boy to them.
They will be casting lots as to who gets him first.
aimo

:twocents:
I would think they could tap into any monies or real property he owns/possesses. Thailand? Revenues from book? Future monies IF allowed? JMO

Like they did with OJ--- bottom line ''wrongful death'' suit requires less proof than a murder charge...

I rarely boycott, but a JVS interview will NOT be on my viewing list. It won't matter overall, but I will feel better about it. What's to be gained by interviewing him anyway? Who on earth would believe even the smallest utterance from him? Not me.

And, no, I am not advocating organizing a boycott. I understand the TOS. :)

I definitely agree. According to interviews past - we know JVS is a LIAR. So what now -he does this so called interview, and what are we to expect. Anything he says can be used in court (even in Peru I believe - no linky). But can you imagine an exclusive interview not coming before the judge panel.

So what's left to say? What he had for breakfast? What are his favorite hobbies?

I'm not buying it, and can't imagine anyone giving him a nickel for a so called exclusive!

MOO

Mel

he he...where is he gonna hide all that cash? Under his mattress? In any case, i doubt it will last long with 5,000 inmates wanting their share for not killing him.

Danielabc,

Is there any chance that you could translate the audio provided in my link at #46 re: Ricardo Flores statement? Seems the reporter has a lot more to say than what's in the written article. No need for a literal translation...but, if you could just provide a recap of the report, that would be great!

link to article

Alright. These are all the reporter's words with my translation, not directly Mr. Flores's words.

The reporter says that today a month has passed since Stephany was murdered by Joran and her father, Ricardo Flores, appealed to the Judiciary to act with justice and objectivity in the case. He said that they hope that this will be done with the utmost transparency and with the full weight of the law and he also thanked the media for the support given to his family because of the case. He said that even though he's began to feel his daughter's absence, he's certain that her spirit is beside him and his family. He indicated that he's stopped contact with Natalee's family because "this case" (I'm guessing Stephany's case) has entered a judicial stage in which he doesn't want to interfere? intervene? intercede? (I'm not sure which word was used).
Finally, he made a reflection for parents to try that their families don't go through what his family went through (I'm thinking that this reflection should be more concrete....)
These statements were given by Ricardo Flores after giving his statement to judge Carlos Morales Córdoba for 2 hours in relation to Joran's process.
He avoided giving details on what he told the judge, but he hopes that ... (the audio stops midsentence).

When Renee released her Documentary about Natalee he said she was nuts. It's on the Web, you are free to research his past words regarding Natalee and the Documentaqry.
As far as his reputation, that comes from someone living in Nl that knows their journalists. I don't have a link.

Yes, he didn't get paid or pay for the interview, however the american news media that obtained the interview of Anita supposedly put a price on it, some of which was to go for Joran's defense in Peru. Not?

Unsupported gossip IOW - I travel to the Netherlands at least four times a year and have done so for decades. The Telegraaf is probably the most if not one of the more respected newspaper there. Former detective van den Heuvel has been with the paper since 1990. Your friend, is of course, entitled to their opinion, but this is hardly his first foray into crime or South America for that matter.

[ame="http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_van_den_Heuvel"]John van den Heuvel[/ame]

Speculation, gossip and rumor is okay as far as it goes, but this case has far too much of it. IMO Mr. van den Heuvel is a well respected journalist and crime reporter - Ms. Gielen, an acknowledged friend of Anita van der sloot, who could not get a buyer for her "documentary", not so much.

Did everyone do their Midnight Express homework?

You know selena - Turkey is not Peru and that case is over 40 years old. Griffin keeps beating that drum, but is it really relevant? LOL

Unsupported gossip IOW - I travel to the Netherlands at least four times a year and have done so for decades. The Telegraaf is probably the most if not one of the more respected newspaper there. Former detective van den Heuvel has been with the paper since 1990. Your friend, is of course, entitled to their opinion, but this is hardly his first foray into crime or South America for that matter.

John van den Heuvel

Speculation, gossip and rumor is okay as far as it goes, but this case has far too much of it. IMO Mr. van den Heuvel is a well respected journalist and crime reporter - Ms. Gielen, an acknowledged friend of Anita van der sloot, who could not get a buyer for her "documentary", not so much.

Thank you kindly. I prefer to take the words of one who lives there and has a record of credibility with me and others over one who visits there only.

I read the indictment and am trying to figure out if it means the US government can seize money from Joran now ~ such as anything he could receive from the media? Or does a trial and conviction have to occur first? :waitasec:

... and can the family Steph sue Joran (and others) in a civil wrongful death action - there would go Joran's money he may get. :waitasec:

I dont think he's going to hold on to any money very long. I think he is
in worse position than he thinks.

i just hope that the opposing forces have equal the amount of cash to belly up to balance the situation...kwim? so if he should happen to be living "high on the hog" in there maybe there will be people of means willing to "right" that injustice. if not i sorta think jvds and associates will be able to buy an awful lot of officials and inmates alike....that thought really ticks me off...

the way that lurigancho was depicted in the nat. geo. special the prison system in peru is practically destitute and the inmates run the prison by forming their pavilions of/from where the inmates lived on the outside. there was a "british pavilion" and also a pavilion made up of young boys that were first time offenders. but all of the pavilions had a distinct pecking order. these hierarchies looked to be similar to criminal street gangs or mafia type set ups. so i guess where im going with this is that i think that no matter if jvds manages to sell some interviews or not his family/mother will continue to provide funds to keep him safe and jvds will be recruited by the most powerful pavilion/gang in the prison and be protected by them simply because of the money that he can provide them with. jvds will then be the one being extorted. so, as long as he can provide protection money he will be fine - unless some entity can provide an opposing powerful gang with enough money/incentive to get to jvds and "do him in". even a small amount of money is probably A LOT of money to anyone in these prisons - making jvds a major chunk of change in the pocket of anyone who is receiving his money to protect him. someone will need to keep him alive in order to make bank and the country needs to keep him alive to save face internationally. for peru having him in custody may create the long needed attention for their suffering prison system.... im just rambling here - who knows, i just have a nagging feeling that jvds is a cash cow for everyone involved now(not the family of his victims tho) and i just hope that sf and nh get their justice first...

eta: i know that jvds is in castro castro, but they are both in peru so castro castro cant be that much different - i think it might just be smaller, not sure tho... if anyone still hasnt watched the nat.geo. special you really should check it out - very sobering. lurigancho doesnt even have gaurds because it is so poor and that is why the inmates run it. crazy... i know that they are all prisoners but to see the inmates that are too poor or have aids that are banned from the pavilions that have to rummage out in the garbage for food ... or the only other way that they get food is if a pavilion has extra food left over. just wow. makes our prisons look like the ritz... they dont even have continuous access to water... they get buckets until the water runs out and if you didnt get any then you just go without... some were collecting water in small potato chip bags... im all for prison being harsh - but this is just almost barbaric moo...

I think the inmates have been eyeing him.....waiting to get their hands on him for their own pleasure.

Remember CC inmates are 50% AIDS.... and Joran is a pretty boy to them.
They will be casting lots as to who gets him first.
aimo

I wish they would just go ahead & put him in with the general population. Probably the only reason they haven't done it already is that Joran is such a high profile person & they're anxious not to be critized for being inhumane. Personally, I think that Joran should be treated just like any other prisoner. It disturbes me that he is getting special consideration.

Transcript from Joy Behar show:

BEHAR: Accused murderer Joran Van Der Sloot has said he wants a million dollars for a jail house interview. This guy`s cojones are so big Angelina Jolie could adopt them.

Here now with the latest from Peru is Jean Casarez, correspondent for "In Session" on TruTV.

Jean. Hi Jean.

You know the judge has asked to meet with Stephany`s father today. Why?

JEAN CASAREZ, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": That`s right. Well, it`s normal procedure. You see in Peru -- and this is so different from the United States Joy -- the judge is in charge of the investigation. The judge is the primary finder of facts. So he`s having to meet with a lot of people and get their forma statements.

Now this is all done in secret, it`s private. You`re not supposed to know. But we know the family and so we were able to confirm with them that today was the day that Ricardo Flores, the father of Stephany, met with the judge. And Joy, it`s 30 days today that Stephany was murdered.

BEHAR: Wow. That went fast.

His lawyer filed an appeal today.

CASAREZ: I know. It is.

BEHAR: What happened with that? What is his appeal going to do?

CASAREZ: That was the first thing today; 8:15 in the morning he filed that appeal with the superior court the second instance. But he is saying, no, the rights of Joran Van Der Sloot were violated. I`m going to go forward.

Now, here`s what happens. The superior court will rule on the appeal. If he doesn`t go what he wants, he`s going to the supreme court of Peru, he says. If that doesn`t work, he says he`s going to Costa Rica and that will involve a lot.

But first, there is a tribunal that has to agree that there`s been a violation by Peru of the rights of Joran Van Der Sloot. If they find that, he will go to this inter-America court in Costa Rica but that takes three years. Ok. That`s a long process.

BEHAR: I see. On another point, this kid Van Der Sloot, has said he wants a million dollars for a jail house interview. We have in this country, the "Son of Sam" law where you cannot really profit from your crime. Is there such a thing there?

CASAREZ: You better believe there is. First thing, when I heard about this interview, he wanted money. And as I think I told you it`s about $5,000 around here, was the quote. But I went to an attorney and you better believe it, here in Peru you cannot profit off someone that has been convicted of a crime.

Now he`s not convicted yet. So Joy, if he gets the money now, the attorney for the family, believe me they`re watching it and they`re going want to see where those funds go because they`re not going to allow that to happen.

BEHAR: Good, good.

You spoke also to the victim, Stephany Flores` close friends last night. What did you find out from them?

CASAREZ: Well, Joy, it would take me an hour to tell you everything I found out. But there were so many tears and they laughed and they -- they wanted though to talk about her. They said she was really intelligent. That she was so good with numbers, which probably led her to being a successful gambler.

She said she wanted to be a business woman in Lima. And that she had written down 23 businesses that she wanted to own and operate succeed at. And she would go through her list almost daily saying, I`m going to do this and I`m going to do that. They said that although she was an extrovert in many respects, she was also very shy and quiet.

They don`t think she had a chance in that hotel room. They don`t think she had a chance to fight back. They do not believe that they went there to play online poker, not for a second.

And most of all, they told me that she was adamant against drugs. She didn`t want to be around it. So amphetamines in her system, they highly question that.

BEHAR: Ok. Thanks very much Jean.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/joy.01.html

Respectively snipped for space:
... for peru having him in custody may create the long needed attention for their suffering prison system.... im just rambling here - who knows, i just have a nagging feeling that jvds is a cash cow for everyone involved now(not the family of his victims tho) and i just hope that sf and nh get their justice first...

It was difficult to find a good place to snip your post Nervous Nellie because I agree completely with everything you had to say in your post. Especially the part BBM. Thank you for putting into words what I was unable to express last night(post#82). You conveyed your thoughts precisely and weren't rambling at all!:bow:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member