GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appalled would be right in the ballpark, along with gobsmacked and outraged. The equivalent in this country would be a Scott Peterson contest, where contestants carry a small pregnant woman to a boat and attach a rope and a concrete block to her. The contestants would need more time, obviously, given the higher level of difficulty.

I'll stick with Snooki and The Situation, where at least we aren't asked to join in disrespecting the dead and their families.

I honestly can't take anything the Enquirer is "reporting" on this case seriously. There is absolutely nothing in the Peruvian press about this so called attacking the guards and trying to escape although they were the first to pick up the story, with video, of Beth and PDVries going to the prison. If all of this is going on, I'm sure the Peruvian media would want to report on it as it increases their revenue. And guards in the prison would be selling their stories to the media. But mainstream media would require a little more proof than just their word so that doesn't happen.

IMO, The Enquirer has just found an angle to exploit and sell papers (you'll notice that they only put teasers online for free) and who is going to dispute anything they print regarding Joran? No one is going to sue them. This is a money making story and they are a tabloid paper. They don't care if the stories are completely fabricated as long as they're making money off them. I should say I'm surprised that NG would feature anything they print but at this point I suppose I'm not.

What happened to their story about Joran trying to make himself ill so he could be transferred to the medical unit? They made their money on their papers that week and nothing more was said even though it was totally debunked by mainstream media. Those who would touch it anyway...most choose to just ignore tabloid reporting.

MOO

Kamille... I'm not as quick to dismiss the National Enquirer reports. I can't ignore the huge scoop they got when John Edwards was having an affair and none of the mainstream media would touch it. While I agree they may take a tidbit of real information and elaborate on it for sensational reasons, quite often they are correct with the initial information. Not always, but more often than not, IMO.

Perhaps the Peruvian press isn't commenting on this due to embarrassment? I haven't seen any denials on their behalf either.

I have no idea if the escape attempt really happened or not. But I'm not going to dismiss it just because it was reported by the NE. I just take it with a grain of salt.

Kamille... I'm not as quick to dismiss the National Enquirer reports. I can't ignore the huge scoop they got when John Edwards was having an affair and none of the mainstream media would touch it. While I agree they may take a tidbit of real information and elaborate on it for sensational reasons, quite often they are correct with the initial information. Not always, but more often than not, IMO.

Perhaps the Peruvian press isn't commenting on this due to embarrassment? I haven't seen any denials on their behalf either.

I have no idea if the escape attempt really happened or not. But I'm not going to dismiss it just because it was reported by the NE. I just take it with a grain of salt.

In addition, the Peruvian press (along with the press in general in So.
America) is far more circumspect and controled in what it publishes.
What Joran was able to do would be not be seen as having things
under control, in any prison. That alone would be reason to lay back
and not publish in some countries ...

How that washes out in the truth-equation is variable depending on the
nature of the story - would be my guess.

Not the best translation, but at least one Dutch agency is reporting the incident.

http://translate.google.com/transla...w.amigoe.com/artman/publish/printer_79148.php

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot has recently, for fear of poisoning a guard in the Castro Castro prison beaten. Then he ran away but was overpowered by other guards and are surrounded.
The action earned him a day in solitary. It says at least the CNN program HLN Nancy Grace. According to the news would Joran from his roof have gone against a guard, when they brought him food that Joran thought it was poisoned. Because there is a real danger of poisoning by fellow prisoners, Joran in his time on remand, have so far received other foods that his fellow prisoners. Because the food of the prisoners by a group of prisoners being prepared, Joran had food that was eaten by the guards.

Not the best translation, but at least one Dutch agency is reporting the incident.

http://translate.google.com/transla...w.amigoe.com/artman/publish/printer_79148.php

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot has recently, for fear of poisoning a guard in the Castro Castro prison beaten. Then he ran away but was overpowered by other guards and are surrounded.
The action earned him a day in solitary. It says at least the CNN program HLN Nancy Grace. According to the news would Joran from his roof have gone against a guard, when they brought him food that Joran thought it was poisoned. Because there is a real danger of poisoning by fellow prisoners, Joran in his time on remand, have so far received other foods that his fellow prisoners. Because the food of the prisoners by a group of prisoners being prepared, Joran had food that was eaten by the guards.

It's really scary...but I'm actually beginning to understand these googley translations!!!! LOL :rolling::rolling::rolling:

Thanks, Suzihawk!

This is interesting. JVS was videotaped purchasing marijuana from an INPE worker.

"The video spread by the news program "First Report" shows the agent of the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) to speak of marijuana for "gringo" in the Miguel Castro Castro prison grounds."

Apparently he's allowed to roam the prison anywhere he likes as well.

"Also, later in the article, you can watch the Dutch murderer who walks through an area that is only for the administrative staff of INPE."

This prison is a joke. Why don't they treat him like the criminal murderer that he is?

http://translate.google.com/transla...4/graban-agente-inpe-ofreciendole-droga-joran

This is beyond ridiculous!:furious:

I just don't understand it. How does he have the run of the place? How is he allowed to wander around in the admin areas?

The punishments are ridiculous. He was put in solitary for one day - ONE DAY - for pitching a hissy fit and trying to escape. Then he's allowed to eat what the guards eat because he's afraid he's going to be poisoned. WTH? I'm sure every other prisoner there is afraid of being poisoned as well. Why are the guards allowed to play poker with him or fraternize with him at all? Why is allowed to tutor them in English?

If this is supposed to be one of the toughest prisons in Peru, I'd hate to see a minimum security there. He's being treated as some sort of celebrity. The director/warden needs to be investigated and fired, IMO. This is a joke and it's insulting to anyone seeking justice.

:furious:

I just don't understand it. How does he have the run of the place? How is he allowed to wander around in the admin areas?

The punishments are ridiculous. He was put in solitary for one day - ONE DAY - for pitching a hissy fit and trying to escape. Then he's allowed to eat what the guards eat because he's afraid he's going to be poisoned. WTH? I'm sure every other prisoner there is afraid of being poisoned as well. Why are the guards allowed to play poker with him or fraternize with him at all? Why is allowed to tutor them in English?

If this is supposed to be one of the toughest prisons in Peru, I'd hate to see a minimum security there. He's being treated as some sort of celebrity. The director/warden needs to be investigated and fired, IMO. This is a joke and it's insulting to anyone seeking justice.

This is absolutely infuriating!!! :furious:

You're right, Suzihawk, even worse than being able to buy drugs is the fact that he seems to have free reign in this prison. They're treating Joran like he's King of the Hill. And that's the last thing he needs.....to have his super-inflated ego bolstered even more!! :banghead:

Now you've got to wonder who had the video camera or cell phone in there to do the filming in the first place....and how did they get it out???

Of course, if they let drugs and prostitutes in for the prisoners, what's a little video equipment???

So much for a high security prison!! Certainly seems to have a different meaning in Peru than it does in the US.

My only thought at this point (besides disgust and outrage) is that he's not endearing himself to the other inmates or the guards he's exposing with this type of publicity. This can't bode well for him in the long run.

He says he wants to be put in general population. I don't know why since he seems to already have the run of the place. But I say go ahead... put him in GP and let's see what happens. Oh... and no more home cooked meals for the punk.

He's being treated as some sort of celebrity.
:furious:[/quote]

All species recognise their own kind!

This prison is a joke. Why don't they treat him like the criminal murderer that he is?

[/quote]

I think they are - he's inside, not outside. Big difference!

Thank you for all of your posts. They are very informative and interesting.

I think he squeezing his poor mother for every last nickel she has to buy maybe just safety, maybe food, maybe some degree of comfort - He will take the last of her retirement money, leave her broke and not blink . The inmates at Castro castro won't be real sympathetic to the rich white guy when he can no longer help them and they don't see him as some kind of sick criminal celebrity.

I feel sorry for Mrs. VdS. I thought she had "walked away" from him? Maybe she couldn't do it.

Well that link doesn't appear to be working anymore so I was unable to see the video, but of course his lawyer is making excuses for this. It was staged you know. Joran was just minding his own business and painting his cell, which he apparently asked if he could do, and well...

I have no words.

When asked about the alleged transaction for drugs Van der Sloot’s attorney, Maximo Altez, tells In Session "this has been staged... I have asked the National Correctional Institute (INPE) to conduct an investigation."

"Joran got permission to paint his cell, we asked and where granted permission. Painting is part of his rehabilitation. He was painting and the guards where talking to him. He took off his shirt so that he wouldn't paint his clothes. He is painting and the guards are talking to him. I took him the paint myself. It was a yellowish color."

The Public Information officer of Lima’s Castro Castro prison, Bruno Guzman, told In Session:

"This matter is under investigation. You can see an inmate offering him marihuana. Joran was not wearing a shirt because he was painting his area. He wanted to improve his conditions."

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/06/van-der-sloot-allegedly-offered-drugs-in-prison/

This is even MORE infuriating :furious: :furious: ....now they're letting him paint his cell....God forbid that he lives in conditions less than suitable to his celebrity status!!! Next thing, they'll be letting him install a jacuzzi and a flat screen TV!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I thought this was the worse prison ever.........what a joke now.

Thank you for all of your posts. They are very informative and interesting.

I think he squeezing his poor mother for every last nickel she has to buy maybe just safety, maybe food, maybe some degree of comfort - He will take the last of her retirement money, leave her broke and not blink . The inmates at Castro castro won't be real sympathetic to the rich white guy when he can no longer help them and they don't see him as some kind of sick criminal celebrity.

I feel sorry for Mrs. VdS. I thought she had "walked away" from him? Maybe she couldn't do it.

Hi Greg...

I agree that the other inmates aren't going to be very sympathetic to the guy getting all the publicity, special attention and privileges that he appears to be getting.

As for AVS, I'm not worried about her in the least. She's not letting any grass grow under her feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member